Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi Topic and discussion specific to CCI California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi, California.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:17 AM

The visiting message said visiting is on for facility A except for some inmates. Does anyone know anything?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2019, 04:42 PM

I spoke with my man from A yard last Tues & Wed, I missed his call Thursday & havenít gotten a call since or a letter which Is odd, he writes a lot. I called visiting, it says A & B are on modified programs as of 5/15. Can I ask what ďmodified programsĒ mean? I am SUPER new to all of this & am physically sick with worry.
Thanks in advance!!
Ellen
Old 05-17-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSouthern View Post
I spoke with my man from A yard last Tues & Wed, I missed his call Thursday & havenít gotten a call since or a letter which Is odd, he writes a lot. I called visiting, it says A & B are on modified programs as of 5/15. Can I ask what ďmodified programsĒ mean? I am SUPER new to all of this & am physically sick with worry.

Thanks in advance!!

Ellen
"Modified" program is what happens after an incident like a riot or something like that. It doesn't necessarily mean that everyone on that yard was involved in what happened but rhe whole yard is put on lockdown, or "modified program" for precautionary measures.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:26 PM

Thank you very much for the info! Iím super-new to the whole prison-thing and am terrified.
Thanks again!!
Ellen
The Following User Says Thank You to SweetSouthern For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-18-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much for the info! Iím super-new to the whole prison-thing and am terrified.

Thanks again!!

Ellen
No prob Lockdowns are pretty common unfortunately, at least at some of the prisons, just so you know im no rookie to this world by any means lol but i tend to STILL let it get the best of my mind sometimes when lockdowns happen- and ill be ALL stressed out until my hubby finally calls me-(cuz normally they dont have phone privileges during lockdown)-and then im fine again lol but i cant help it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessesGirl2022 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-18-2019), SweetSouthern (05-18-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 11:15 AM

Default Two week lockdown?

Hi Everyone! Has anyone heard of a two week lockdown at CCI starting today (7/15)? I was told that itís an annual thing & that I could find info about it online, but I canít find anything. Iím not sure but I was under the impression it effects the whole facility. Iím just curious.
Thanks in advance!
Ellen
Old 07-15-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Hi Everyone! Has anyone heard of a two week lockdown at CCI starting today (7/15)? I was told that it’s an annual thing & that I could find info about it online, but I can’t find anything. I’m not sure but I was under the impression it effects the whole facility. I’m just curious.
Thanks in advance!
Ellen
My husband mentioned the lockdown to me over the weekend, but yet when I asked the visiting sergeant he didn’t hear of anything. Anything regarding a lockdown will be posted on Vpass website under Facility status. You can always call the visiting office at CCI to find out more. I’m not sure if it’s going to be for all yards.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari808 View Post
My husband mentioned the lockdown to me over the weekend, but yet when I asked the visiting sergeant he didnít hear of anything. Anything regarding a lockdown will be posted on Vpass website under Facility status. You can always call the visiting office at CCI to find out more. Iím not sure if itís going to be for all yards.
Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate the help! I have checked CCIís visiting status on the Vpass website & I have called the CDCR visitation line but both only mention that B yard is on lockdown and I am looking specifically at A yard. Oh well, not much I can do about it.
Thanks again!!
Ellen
Old 07-15-2019, 01:33 PM

The message regarding lockdown might be up after 2 or 3pm. We will just have to wait and see. I think the lockdown will be for all yards. Thatís the rumor as of now.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:22 PM

Im assuming thats why i havent heard from my boyfriend past several days.... Hes B yard and he usually calls me everyday at least one. I was getting a little worried.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegee619 View Post
Im assuming thats why i havent heard from my boyfriend past several days.... Hes B yard and he usually calls me everyday at least one. I was getting a little worried.

I know how you feel. B yard is on lockdown. Not sure whatís going on with my husbands yard on A. Ombudsman said that there is no seller of A being in lockdown, only B. Iím think maybe no program for my husbands yard. I hope I get a call today
Old 07-17-2019, 03:44 PM

Default Lockdown & Calls

Has anyone gotten any calls or mail from their loves one explaining whatís going on ?
Old 07-17-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Has anyone gotten any calls or mail from their loves one explaining what’s going on ?
I was told that it was a two week state mandated lockdown so the entire facility could be completely searched but then again I was told there would be info about it online & still nothing.

Last edited by SweetSouthern; 07-17-2019 at 05:08 PM..
Old 07-19-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I was told that it was a two week state mandated lockdown so the entire facility could be completely searched but then again I was told there would be info about it online & still nothing.
Has anyone gotten a phone call or heard anything about whatís going on?
Old 07-22-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Has anyone gotten a phone call or heard anything about whatís going on?
Saw my husband this weekend & he said they are still on a modified lockdown. They can get visits, but no calls, no yard or day room etc. Itís weird he says
The Following User Says Thank You to Mari808 For This Useful Post:
SweetSouthern (07-23-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Saw my husband this weekend & he said they are still on a modified lockdown. They can get visits, but no calls, no yard or day room etc. Itís weird he says
Oh wow, thank you so much for this info! I wasnít sure what was going on and was starting to go crazy worrying about him. I was guessing that they were being allowed visits since the VPASS website didnít say anything, but that didnít make sense to me either (being on ďlockdownĒ & getting visits)! Itís super-difficult for me b/c Iím all the way on the other side of the country so I donít get to visit often. Thatíll change once we get married & get approved for our family visits!

Seriously though Thank you again, you donít know how much I appreciate the heads up!
sidewalker (07-23-2019)
Old 08-24-2019, 07:16 AM

Hello Ladies
Any info on the Facility A lockdown.
Kind Regards
Old 08-24-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrooker View Post
Hello Ladies
Any info on the Facility A lockdown.
Kind Regards
I got a letter today saying theyíre hoping to come off lockdown on the 25th or 26th. I was initially under the impression that it was a two week lockdown which started 8/11 or 8/12 so Iím really hoping those dates are right & theyíll come up tomorrow (Sun.) or Mon.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:53 AM

Is there currently a lockdown on Facility A? I haven't had a call from my loved one in a couple weeks. He says in a letter there's a lockdown right now, but when I call visiting, it says all yards have regular visiting. I'm lost!
Old 09-15-2019, 09:39 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,261 Times in 15,607 Posts

I dont know but maybe the phones are the problem? I know that used to happen on my hubs yard. Or there was really only one working phone and it was hard to get a slot to call. (the phones were outdoors so anything could make them unavailable. Like weather -too foggy or if it snowed, or if smoke from wildfires. Guards had to be able to see the inmates out there )
Not sure if that the same on A yard.....
If you can go visit, and ask whats up.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-24-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisne View Post
Is there currently a lockdown on Facility A? I haven't had a call from my loved one in a couple weeks. He says in a letter there's a lockdown right now, but when I call visiting, it says all yards have regular visiting. I'm lost!

FYI - I know that the last two lockdowns they had on A yard the prison went ahead & ran visiting anyway, I thought it was strange too.
sidewalker (09-25-2019)