Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Prison Activism
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Activism What's going on? How to become involved.

Old 03-28-2005, 07:08 PM
rest in peace MrsD. . . .

ok I signed the petition, and I don't know if my siggy was accepted, how do I check that? also I couldn't find the letter thru http://www.ncadp.org. to sign.... I also sent an email to Richard.... this sickens me physically.
how can anyone justify the death penalty when the system is beyond flawed? I don't know how the judges and juries sleep at night!

"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2005, 07:43 PM

Mr coffee:
You are correct, I am afraid. We are an arrogant, stupid nation and don't care about our fellow citizens. It is sad and makes me so bitter!!!

Last edited by suzeg3; 03-28-2005 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: world's worst typist
Old 03-28-2005, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzeg3
Mr coffee:
You are correct, I am afraid. We are an arrogant, stupid nation and don't care about our fellow citizens. It is sad and makes me so bitter!!!
Is there any chance for Rich at all? I don't think they will care much, innocence or guilt, as long as they can put someone on the gurney so they can say "justice has been served" they won't care much... Makes me SICK
Old 03-29-2005, 07:48 AM

Hey anti:
I don"t know whether there is any hope for Rich, I just can't give up on him or the others who are on death row.

Old 03-29-2005, 12:50 PM

who can we call? what if we blow up some phones?

"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Old 03-29-2005, 02:04 PM

Who do you call ? you asked that question , well i'll tell you ... you call every radio station, every news program and every governement body you can think of As Rich said to me in a letter " you can never tell where the big break may come from ." ... So instead of blowing up some phones How about picking it up instead and start calling together we can save all of them on Death row

Old 03-29-2005, 04:37 PM

well I live in WI and I would call here and the apathetic response would be that's TX ma'am, this is W I S C O N S I N. and yes they would probably spell it out for me. I am going to call the TX DOC numbers off the net tomorrow morning. I would have done it today but I was waiting for a response here....guess I will call tomorrow. I will post any numbers I call and get a lead on.... to let everyone know who to call. does anyone think that this cuold backfire on him? don't want that!

Old 03-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Registered

Here is the contact information for the Governor in Texas.

TEXAS
Governor Rick Perry
Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 12428
Austin, Texas 78711-2428
USA
Fax: (512) 463-1849
Phone: (512) 463-1782
Email: http://www.governor.state.tx.us/contact

"It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them and a lifetime to forget them."
Old 03-29-2005, 05:20 PM

hey Im in australia and i have posted letter's and called radio stations and new's room i don't give a bugger I want this Man to be saved , and you know what same Australian News Programs are looking into it .. But you calling TX is great and I personally thankyou for doing that your are a special person ... Like i keep saying together we can over come the powers at be .... Awesome Job

Old 03-29-2005, 05:22 PM

would it be a good idea to post the numbers and everyone begin to call? or do you think that this could backfire on him? I was in the shower gettin ready to see my Charlie, and I thought- what are the implications if we try and call the IL authorities? If he was sentenced in TX and still held a legal Chicago addy? what about all that?

is all this a good idea?

ps. caskas I don't know if you took the whole blow up some phones thing literally, what I meant was to start calling

Old 03-29-2005, 05:24 PM

..................and thank you kyla!

Old 03-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Registered

Not trying to make your spirits low ladies, but the truth is, Texas doesnt care. If you rallied in another state, Texas wouldnt listen, I swear (I keep saying this), Texas law is written for Texas. It really is only up to rather the governor now to grant clemency to life, or his attorneys appealing in another court with evidence, hoping that they can grant him a stay, and further his appeals. Another state has no jurisdiction, as I said, only the governor can save him, or the higher US courts.
As for keeping on calling the governor, I would send letters out asking him to grant clemency for Richard. Bombarding the Governors office with phone calls is only going to make them angry over the case, and not take it into consideration. I would letter write and campaign that way, and if you wish, call and ask did they recieve your letter, but not keep calling.

"It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them and a lifetime to forget them."
Old 03-29-2005, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyla
Not trying to make your spirits low ladies, but the truth is, Texas doesnt care. If you rallied in another state, Texas wouldnt listen, I swear (I keep saying this), Texas law is written for Texas. It really is only up to rather the governor now to grant clemency to life, or his attorneys appealing in another court with evidence, hoping that they can grant him a stay, and further his appeals. Another state has no jurisdiction, as I said, only the governor can save him, or the higher US courts.
As for keeping on calling the governor, I would send letters out asking him to grant clemency for Richard. Bombarding the Governors office with phone calls is only going to make them angry over the case, and not take it into consideration. I would letter write and campaign that way, and if you wish, call and ask did they recieve your letter, but not keep calling.
Texas will never care, and I have serious doubts that Governor Perry will... but we have to try at least, I just hope that some day soon this madness will end!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Donation Award 

Alright now, I have to defend us Texans.......when you say Texas will never care, You're talking about all of us.....

That's one thing you can't do, is put us down, then "Texans" in the media are going to be p***ed off and won't listen. "Texans" who run the government won't listen when you bash us.

Us Texans are so proud of being a TEXAN, you bash us, you won't get anywhere with the Government, Media, citizens with family members on Death Row.

Believe me, we get defensive when you put us ALL down like that.

The only state the Texans make a habit of picking on in the part of Texas I'm from is Oklahoma....only because we're right at the boarder (not all of Texas, just the North Part....remember, we're a huge State) and a lot of us work with "OKIES" or have "Okies" as family soooo it's not out of meanness...like My inlaws are "Okies" and I work with a few "Okies" (believe me, they pick on us like we do them, but it's aloud 'cause we're family).

I do want to remind everyone that this is the US of A and the Death Penalty is not just in Texas.....but all over this Country.

Kyla is right. Send letters to the Governer and Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.....and Texas media and USA media, such as CNN, NBC, CBS, the major stations......

A few of us have sent requests for media coverage.....they need some more letters, e mails, faxes, etc....to get their attentions.

If you send media letter, e mails, faxes, make sure they are to the bigger city media with a wider spread audience, like Dallas, Houston, Austin.

Here is a link you can go to to send mass e mails to media.... http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/media/ (hope I'm not outta line for posting the link) or go to www dot congress dot org and search for the media link.

Oh, and don't worry about retaliation against Rich.....his May 19th date is the worse he can go through....and He's been through a lot (read his Uncensore and you'll see).

Thanks for all your help.

Suzanne, a proud TEXAN

Last edited by sclcookie; 03-29-2005 at 07:42 PM..
Old 03-29-2005, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclcookie
Alright now, I have to defend us Texans.......when you say Texas will never care, You're talking about all of us.....

That's one thing you can't do, is put us down, then "Texans" in the media are going to be p***ed off and won't listen. "Texans" who run the government won't listen when you bash us.

Us Texans are so proud of being a TEXAN, you bash us, you won't get anywhere with the Government, Media, citizens with family members on Death Row.

Believe me, we get defensive when you put us ALL down like that.

The only state the Texans make a habit of picking on in the part of Texas I'm from is Oklahoma....only because we're right at the boarder (not all of Texas, just the North Part....remember, we're a huge State) and a lot of us work with "OKIES" or have "Okies" as family soooo it's not out of meanness...like My inlaws are "Okies" and I work with a few "Okies" (believe me, they pick on us like we do them, but it's aloud 'cause we're family).

I do want to remind everyone that this is the US of A and the Death Penalty is not just in Texas.....but all over this Country.

Kyla is right. Send letters to the Governer and Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.....and Texas media and USA media, such as CNN, NBC, CBS, the major stations......

A few of us have sent requests for media coverage.....they need some more letters, e mails, faxes, etc....to get their attentions.

If you send media letter, e mails, faxes, make sure they are to the bigger city media with a wider spread audience, like Dallas, Houston, Austin.

Here is a link you can go to to send mass e mails to media.... http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/media/ (hope I'm not outta line for posting the link) or go to www dot congress dot org and search for the media link.

Oh, and don't worry about retaliation against Rich.....his May 19th date is the worse he can go through....and He's been through a lot (read his Uncensore and you'll see).

Thanks for all your help.

Suzanne, a proud TEXAN
Okay okay, I take all of this back I guess we sometimes make the mistake and make it sounds like all americans, all texans... etc... I was talking about the powers to be....
I know there are many texans that oppose the Death Penalty, just as there are many americans that do so as well... no offense meant here... its just so frustrating at times, I feel like blowing up the whole country
Old 03-29-2005, 08:31 PM

this is a shi**y feeling. I don't know how the judges and juries sleep at night.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Register
Donation Award 

I don't believe anyone in this thread is attacking the people of Texas, they are talking about the powers that be, Politicians, judges, courts, and organization such as J4A(I won't put their name), etc.

What it comes down to is the powers that be in Texas and any other State that has the DP don't care about anything, but money and the vote.

In texas and the other States being tough on crime will get you voted in. And has long as John Doe public believes that only the worst of the worst get the DP and that are justice system is just and fair the DP will continue.

Biilie it really isn't the juries fault, they can only do what they are told and follow the instructions of the courts.

So everybody breath please NO ONE is bashing the people of Texas.

softie
Old 03-29-2005, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softheart
I don't believe anyone in this thread is attacking the people of Texas, they are talking about the powers that be, Politicians, judges, courts, and organization such as J4A(I won't put their name), etc.

What it comes down to is the powers that be in Texas and any other State that has the DP don't care about anything, but money and the vote.

In texas and the other States being tough on crime will get you voted in. And has long as John Doe public believes that only the worst of the worst get the DP and that are justice system is just and fair the DP will continue.

Biilie it really isn't the juries fault, they can only do what they are told and follow the instructions of the courts.

So everybody breath please NO ONE is bashing the people of Texas.

softie
Softheart, thanks you, this is eactly how I feel... its not the people in TX, is the powers that be... in TX and any other state with the DP.
And my nerves are strained at the moment... another week and I will lose a great friend... not in TX, but Florida, but it makes no difference really, state sanctioned murder or state assisted suicide is horrible no matter where...
Old 03-30-2005, 08:10 AM

up and at em... starting the emails to Headline News, CNN, etc....going to find all the news stations local to him and email them... call whoeevr I can later to ask if they had received the email. going to print up my letter, with the news articles I have found thru his website and the one that started this thread- send letters to the TX dept of pardons and parole.then eventually work my way to the gov with a letter asking him to give Richard a stay and inform him of the plight of this man and that we are ... God do I feel helpless!

Old 03-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Mom of federal prisoner

yup - the powers that be...and i agree with you, how can they sleep at night? how can anyone support the death penalty? it's all beyond me..Richard and family, you're in our prayers - we pray for a miracle, and intervention - we pray for enlightenment in the pool of ignorance.
mary
bluemama
Old 03-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Are we having fun yet????

I thought about Richard all night last night.I got to know him through the writings of Paul C. and have been reading about him for a very long time.Rich is a good guy.He is not the same Rich now as he was when he was messing up,read his writings and you will see.Rich has a new wife and a beautiful daughter that he adores.What is going to be gained by killing this man-there were others involved in the incident and they did not get the death penalty.Richard has so much to offer the world-he is a good friend,father,husband, and will freely admit he made mistakes in the past.
My life will be different if he is gone.I read his updates and get more of an understanding of being human-the human condition.Rich has taught me about living and loving through the most adverse situation-striving to be happy.
I wrote letters and made phone calls for Paul.Paul won a new trial.Paul is off death row.I find myself doing the same for Rich with no results.It seems so the same and so different.
Richard,if anyone you love can read this-you are my friend.You will always be my friend.The words fail the feeling.No one can ever take your memory from me.
I will pray you do not become a memory.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:49 AM

let's post links that we find helpful to email and call... I am having problems gettin thru to msnbc and the like... no place to email them that I have found thus far

Old 03-30-2005, 09:00 AM

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/

a link to headline news, cnn on tv and the net, etc

Old 03-30-2005, 09:03 AM

For questions or concerns regarding executive clemency (full pardon information, medical reprieve, and commutation of sentence), special review, and Board of Pardons and Paroles issues contact: bpp-pio@tdcj.state.tx.us

Old 03-30-2005, 12:25 PM

ive read most of this chaps case and defence .and ive saw the part were his co-deffendant adimts to pulling the trigger. while he was not there ?. now surely this is good case to fight . how can you excutie one but not the other ???. i think this case needs to to be gone though with a fine tooth comb