Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Prison Activism
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Activism What's going on? How to become involved.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-28-2005, 07:08 PM
BillieJo's Avatar
BillieJo BillieJo is offline
rest in peace MrsD. . . .
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 3,711
Thanks: 22
Thanked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Default

ok I signed the petition, and I don't know if my siggy was accepted, how do I check that? also I couldn't find the letter thru http://www.ncadp.org. to sign.... I also sent an email to Richard.... this sickens me physically.
how can anyone justify the death penalty when the system is beyond flawed? I don't know how the judges and juries sleep at night!
__________________
[center]


"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #52  
Old 03-28-2005, 07:43 PM
suzeg3's Avatar
suzeg3 suzeg3 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 3,391
Thanks: 238
Thanked 199 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Mr coffee:
You are correct, I am afraid. We are an arrogant, stupid nation and don't care about our fellow citizens. It is sad and makes me so bitter!!!
__________________










Last edited by suzeg3; 03-28-2005 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: world's worst typist
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-28-2005, 10:54 PM
antideathpen67 antideathpen67 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bamberg, Germany
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzeg3
Mr coffee:
You are correct, I am afraid. We are an arrogant, stupid nation and don't care about our fellow citizens. It is sad and makes me so bitter!!!
Is there any chance for Rich at all? I don't think they will care much, innocence or guilt, as long as they can put someone on the gurney so they can say "justice has been served" they won't care much... Makes me SICK
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-29-2005, 07:48 AM
suzeg3's Avatar
suzeg3 suzeg3 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 3,391
Thanks: 238
Thanked 199 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Hey anti:
I don"t know whether there is any hope for Rich, I just can't give up on him or the others who are on death row.
__________________









Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-29-2005, 12:50 PM
BillieJo's Avatar
BillieJo BillieJo is offline
rest in peace MrsD. . . .
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 3,711
Thanks: 22
Thanked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Default

who can we call? what if we blow up some phones?
__________________
[center]


"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-29-2005, 02:04 PM
kmlchitown's Avatar
kmlchitown kmlchitown is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: sydney australia
Posts: 380
Thanks: 37
Thanked 132 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Who do you call ? you asked that question , well i'll tell you ... you call every radio station, every news program and every governement body you can think of As Rich said to me in a letter " you can never tell where the big break may come from ." ... So instead of blowing up some phones How about picking it up instead and start calling together we can save all of them on Death row
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-29-2005, 04:37 PM
BillieJo's Avatar
BillieJo BillieJo is offline
rest in peace MrsD. . . .
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 3,711
Thanks: 22
Thanked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Default

well I live in WI and I would call here and the apathetic response would be that's TX ma'am, this is W I S C O N S I N. and yes they would probably spell it out for me. I am going to call the TX DOC numbers off the net tomorrow morning. I would have done it today but I was waiting for a response here....guess I will call tomorrow. I will post any numbers I call and get a lead on.... to let everyone know who to call. does anyone think that this cuold backfire on him? don't want that!
__________________
[center]


"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Kyla's Avatar
Kyla Kyla is offline
Registered
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: QLD,Australia
Posts: 5,424
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Here is the contact information for the Governor in Texas.

TEXAS
Governor Rick Perry
Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 12428
Austin, Texas 78711-2428
USA
Fax: (512) 463-1849
Phone: (512) 463-1782
Email: http://www.governor.state.tx.us/contact
__________________

"It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them and a lifetime to forget them."
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-29-2005, 05:20 PM
kmlchitown's Avatar
kmlchitown kmlchitown is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: sydney australia
Posts: 380
Thanks: 37
Thanked 132 Times in 87 Posts
Default

hey Im in australia and i have posted letter's and called radio stations and new's room i don't give a bugger I want this Man to be saved , and you know what same Australian News Programs are looking into it .. But you calling TX is great and I personally thankyou for doing that your are a special person ... Like i keep saying together we can over come the powers at be .... Awesome Job
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-29-2005, 05:22 PM
BillieJo's Avatar
BillieJo BillieJo is offline
rest in peace MrsD. . . .
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 3,711
Thanks: 22
Thanked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Default

would it be a good idea to post the numbers and everyone begin to call? or do you think that this could backfire on him? I was in the shower gettin ready to see my Charlie, and I thought- what are the implications if we try and call the IL authorities? If he was sentenced in TX and still held a legal Chicago addy? what about all that?

is all this a good idea?

ps. caskas I don't know if you took the whole blow up some phones thing literally, what I meant was to start calling
__________________
[center]


"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 03-29-2005, 05:24 PM
BillieJo's Avatar
BillieJo BillieJo is offline
rest in peace MrsD. . . .
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 3,711
Thanks: 22
Thanked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Default

..................and thank you kyla!
__________________
[center]


"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Kyla's Avatar
Kyla Kyla is offline
Registered
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: QLD,Australia
Posts: 5,424
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Not trying to make your spirits low ladies, but the truth is, Texas doesnt care. If you rallied in another state, Texas wouldnt listen, I swear (I keep saying this), Texas law is written for Texas. It really is only up to rather the governor now to grant clemency to life, or his attorneys appealing in another court with evidence, hoping that they can grant him a stay, and further his appeals. Another state has no jurisdiction, as I said, only the governor can save him, or the higher US courts.
As for keeping on calling the governor, I would send letters out asking him to grant clemency for Richard. Bombarding the Governors office with phone calls is only going to make them angry over the case, and not take it into consideration. I would letter write and campaign that way, and if you wish, call and ask did they recieve your letter, but not keep calling.
__________________

"It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them and a lifetime to forget them."
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-29-2005, 06:27 PM
antideathpen67 antideathpen67 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bamberg, Germany
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyla
Not trying to make your spirits low ladies, but the truth is, Texas doesnt care. If you rallied in another state, Texas wouldnt listen, I swear (I keep saying this), Texas law is written for Texas. It really is only up to rather the governor now to grant clemency to life, or his attorneys appealing in another court with evidence, hoping that they can grant him a stay, and further his appeals. Another state has no jurisdiction, as I said, only the governor can save him, or the higher US courts.
As for keeping on calling the governor, I would send letters out asking him to grant clemency for Richard. Bombarding the Governors office with phone calls is only going to make them angry over the case, and not take it into consideration. I would letter write and campaign that way, and if you wish, call and ask did they recieve your letter, but not keep calling.
Texas will never care, and I have serious doubts that Governor Perry will... but we have to try at least, I just hope that some day soon this madness will end!!!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-29-2005, 07:29 PM
sclcookie's Avatar
sclcookie sclcookie is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Alright now, I have to defend us Texans.......when you say Texas will never care, You're talking about all of us.....

That's one thing you can't do, is put us down, then "Texans" in the media are going to be p***ed off and won't listen. "Texans" who run the government won't listen when you bash us.

Us Texans are so proud of being a TEXAN, you bash us, you won't get anywhere with the Government, Media, citizens with family members on Death Row.

Believe me, we get defensive when you put us ALL down like that.

The only state the Texans make a habit of picking on in the part of Texas I'm from is Oklahoma....only because we're right at the boarder (not all of Texas, just the North Part....remember, we're a huge State) and a lot of us work with "OKIES" or have "Okies" as family soooo it's not out of meanness...like My inlaws are "Okies" and I work with a few "Okies" (believe me, they pick on us like we do them, but it's aloud 'cause we're family).

I do want to remind everyone that this is the US of A and the Death Penalty is not just in Texas.....but all over this Country.

Kyla is right. Send letters to the Governer and Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.....and Texas media and USA media, such as CNN, NBC, CBS, the major stations......

A few of us have sent requests for media coverage.....they need some more letters, e mails, faxes, etc....to get their attentions.

If you send media letter, e mails, faxes, make sure they are to the bigger city media with a wider spread audience, like Dallas, Houston, Austin.

Here is a link you can go to to send mass e mails to media.... http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/media/ (hope I'm not outta line for posting the link) or go to www dot congress dot org and search for the media link.

Oh, and don't worry about retaliation against Rich.....his May 19th date is the worse he can go through....and He's been through a lot (read his Uncensore and you'll see).

Thanks for all your help.

Suzanne, a proud TEXAN
__________________
SCLcookie

Last edited by sclcookie; 03-29-2005 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-29-2005, 08:28 PM
antideathpen67 antideathpen67 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bamberg, Germany
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclcookie
Alright now, I have to defend us Texans.......when you say Texas will never care, You're talking about all of us.....

That's one thing you can't do, is put us down, then "Texans" in the media are going to be p***ed off and won't listen. "Texans" who run the government won't listen when you bash us.

Us Texans are so proud of being a TEXAN, you bash us, you won't get anywhere with the Government, Media, citizens with family members on Death Row.

Believe me, we get defensive when you put us ALL down like that.

The only state the Texans make a habit of picking on in the part of Texas I'm from is Oklahoma....only because we're right at the boarder (not all of Texas, just the North Part....remember, we're a huge State) and a lot of us work with "OKIES" or have "Okies" as family soooo it's not out of meanness...like My inlaws are "Okies" and I work with a few "Okies" (believe me, they pick on us like we do them, but it's aloud 'cause we're family).

I do want to remind everyone that this is the US of A and the Death Penalty is not just in Texas.....but all over this Country.

Kyla is right. Send letters to the Governer and Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.....and Texas media and USA media, such as CNN, NBC, CBS, the major stations......

A few of us have sent requests for media coverage.....they need some more letters, e mails, faxes, etc....to get their attentions.

If you send media letter, e mails, faxes, make sure they are to the bigger city media with a wider spread audience, like Dallas, Houston, Austin.

Here is a link you can go to to send mass e mails to media.... http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/media/ (hope I'm not outta line for posting the link) or go to www dot congress dot org and search for the media link.

Oh, and don't worry about retaliation against Rich.....his May 19th date is the worse he can go through....and He's been through a lot (read his Uncensore and you'll see).

Thanks for all your help.

Suzanne, a proud TEXAN
Okay okay, I take all of this back I guess we sometimes make the mistake and make it sounds like all americans, all texans... etc... I was talking about the powers to be....
I know there are many texans that oppose the Death Penalty, just as there are many americans that do so as well... no offense meant here... its just so frustrating at times, I feel like blowing up the whole country
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-29-2005, 08:31 PM
BillieJo's Avatar
BillieJo BillieJo is offline
rest in peace MrsD. . . .
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 3,711
Thanks: 22
Thanked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Default

this is a shi**y feeling. I don't know how the judges and juries sleep at night.
__________________
[center]


"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-29-2005, 09:08 PM
softheart softheart is offline
Register
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Washington State
Posts: 10,791
Thanks: 30
Thanked 192 Times in 75 Posts
Default

I don't believe anyone in this thread is attacking the people of Texas, they are talking about the powers that be, Politicians, judges, courts, and organization such as J4A(I won't put their name), etc.

What it comes down to is the powers that be in Texas and any other State that has the DP don't care about anything, but money and the vote.

In texas and the other States being tough on crime will get you voted in. And has long as John Doe public believes that only the worst of the worst get the DP and that are justice system is just and fair the DP will continue.

Biilie it really isn't the juries fault, they can only do what they are told and follow the instructions of the courts.

So everybody breath please NO ONE is bashing the people of Texas.

softie
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-29-2005, 09:14 PM
antideathpen67 antideathpen67 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bamberg, Germany
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by softheart
I don't believe anyone in this thread is attacking the people of Texas, they are talking about the powers that be, Politicians, judges, courts, and organization such as J4A(I won't put their name), etc.

What it comes down to is the powers that be in Texas and any other State that has the DP don't care about anything, but money and the vote.

In texas and the other States being tough on crime will get you voted in. And has long as John Doe public believes that only the worst of the worst get the DP and that are justice system is just and fair the DP will continue.

Biilie it really isn't the juries fault, they can only do what they are told and follow the instructions of the courts.

So everybody breath please NO ONE is bashing the people of Texas.

softie
Softheart, thanks you, this is eactly how I feel... its not the people in TX, is the powers that be... in TX and any other state with the DP.
And my nerves are strained at the moment... another week and I will lose a great friend... not in TX, but Florida, but it makes no difference really, state sanctioned murder or state assisted suicide is horrible no matter where...
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-30-2005, 08:10 AM
BillieJo's Avatar
BillieJo BillieJo is offline
rest in peace MrsD. . . .
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 3,711
Thanks: 22
Thanked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Default

up and at em... starting the emails to Headline News, CNN, etc....going to find all the news stations local to him and email them... call whoeevr I can later to ask if they had received the email. going to print up my letter, with the news articles I have found thru his website and the one that started this thread- send letters to the TX dept of pardons and parole.then eventually work my way to the gov with a letter asking him to give Richard a stay and inform him of the plight of this man and that we are ... God do I feel helpless!
__________________
[center]


"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-30-2005, 08:24 AM
bluemama's Avatar
bluemama bluemama is offline
Mom of federal prisoner
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: kissimmee, florida
Posts: 282
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

yup - the powers that be...and i agree with you, how can they sleep at night? how can anyone support the death penalty? it's all beyond me..Richard and family, you're in our prayers - we pray for a miracle, and intervention - we pray for enlightenment in the pool of ignorance.
mary
__________________
"Work like you don't need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like you do when nobody's home"
bluemama
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-30-2005, 08:29 AM
octobriana octobriana is offline
Are we having fun yet????
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida, united states
Posts: 633
Thanks: 55
Thanked 76 Times in 20 Posts
Default

I thought about Richard all night last night.I got to know him through the writings of Paul C. and have been reading about him for a very long time.Rich is a good guy.He is not the same Rich now as he was when he was messing up,read his writings and you will see.Rich has a new wife and a beautiful daughter that he adores.What is going to be gained by killing this man-there were others involved in the incident and they did not get the death penalty.Richard has so much to offer the world-he is a good friend,father,husband, and will freely admit he made mistakes in the past.
My life will be different if he is gone.I read his updates and get more of an understanding of being human-the human condition.Rich has taught me about living and loving through the most adverse situation-striving to be happy.
I wrote letters and made phone calls for Paul.Paul won a new trial.Paul is off death row.I find myself doing the same for Rich with no results.It seems so the same and so different.
Richard,if anyone you love can read this-you are my friend.You will always be my friend.The words fail the feeling.No one can ever take your memory from me.
I will pray you do not become a memory.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-30-2005, 08:49 AM
BillieJo's Avatar
BillieJo BillieJo is offline
rest in peace MrsD. . . .
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 3,711
Thanks: 22
Thanked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Default

let's post links that we find helpful to email and call... I am having problems gettin thru to msnbc and the like... no place to email them that I have found thus far
__________________
[center]


"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-30-2005, 09:00 AM
BillieJo's Avatar
BillieJo BillieJo is offline
rest in peace MrsD. . . .
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 3,711
Thanks: 22
Thanked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Default


http://www.cnn.com/feedback/

a link to headline news, cnn on tv and the net, etc
__________________
[center]


"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-30-2005, 09:03 AM
BillieJo's Avatar
BillieJo BillieJo is offline
rest in peace MrsD. . . .
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 3,711
Thanks: 22
Thanked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Default

For questions or concerns regarding executive clemency (full pardon information, medical reprieve, and commutation of sentence), special review, and Board of Pardons and Paroles issues contact: bpp-pio@tdcj.state.tx.us
__________________
[center]


"... if commission of the crime of murder by individual man is a sin, the perpetration of the same act by society cannot be called a virtue"

Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-30-2005, 12:25 PM
THE NIKE's Avatar
THE NIKE THE NIKE is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: england uk
Posts: 70
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

ive read most of this chaps case and defence .and ive saw the part were his co-deffendant adimts to pulling the trigger. while he was not there ?. now surely this is good case to fight . how can you excutie one but not the other ???. i think this case needs to to be gone though with a fine tooth comb
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:06 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics