Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-26-2018, 02:57 AM

Default Communication issues at Two Rivers: Video visits, tablets & phone

Hi, does anyone have a loved one at two rivers correctional institution and if so are you experiencing any communication issues, in my boyfriends unit there kiosk for video visits seem to break a lot but since thursday its seems to be breaking more than normal, we usually have a visit every other day but i havent been able to see him since last thursday then also he mentioned there tablets are playing up, sometimes i get the odd message now and again with messages missing or I dont get anything at all, on monday he called and said he sends messages each day but there just dissapearing, this has been going on since last thursday now, then wednesday i received a couple of messages saying the tablets still arnt working properly and was my phone switched off as he had tried calling me four times and it wasnt connecting, theres nothing wrong with my phone and it was on. Last night i heard nothing at all even though i asked him to call me so i was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing and if they heard anything yesterday. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2018, 05:42 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,757 Times in 2,400 Posts

I haven't heard of any issues, but that's the point, isn't it? We don't hear from them because the comm system is broken.

I'm afraid I don't know. It does seem odd that all of the systems would go down at once, although for all I know, the same 'wires' are used for all incoming and outgoing message services (e.g., phones and internet are all on one system), which could explain it.

Wouldn't hurt to call and ask. Someone somewhere nearby may be doing work or someone may have driven their car into a telephone pole. If you do get any answers, please let us know here. I'm sure you're not the only one having issues.

I know AccessCorrections itself has been having server problems for well over a year now. I've given up and gone to snail mail - but that's pretty slow coming from the UK.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-29-2018), xolady (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 06:56 AM

I spoke to telmate on the day I posted the message, they couldn’t find any issues and said the services were running fine, I believe it was more in his unit then Over the whole facility according to him , I know there was issues because I experienced some from my account so I don’t know how telmate could say there wasn’t any although I have a feeling some of it was more to do with my bf just being a bit of a jerk lately. Thanks for your reply though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sassy1983 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (01-29-2018), Sarianna (01-29-2018)