Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.93%
6mo-1year 75 7.08%
1year and then some 299 28.23%
why would I do that(never) 601 56.75%
Voters: 1059. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnandbianca2

weed is a drug!!!!! i have seen people sell all the things in there home to get weed fight and go into withdrawl. so yes it is a drug...
weed is NOT a drug. Alcohol is WAY worse than weed.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnandbianca2

weed is a drug!!!!! i have seen people sell all the things in there home to get weed fight and go into withdrawl. so yes it is a drug...

Wow...must have been some GOOD weed...to make someone sell their shit..thats crazy!! Never heard of something like that...or that weed caused withdrawls...are you sure they weren't lacing it with something else and you didn't know?

*Missing my love*

Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 AM
Anything Is Possible <3

Once just curious about the feeling but never touched it again (:
Old 03-28-2012, 07:33 PM
*his ride or die girl*
Donation Award 

Never have. I live in Chicago and it isn't a common drug up here.. But the stuff I've seen and heard about it is terrifying enough that I'll never do it.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:42 PM

Meth hurts ppl and can cause violence. Don't try it... Not good
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kmadrid7 For This Useful Post:
lf00251 (07-21-2012), mg113 (03-30-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 10:44 AM

Meth was my bf & my choice of drug. It is one of the worst drugs ever! My bf went into a rage after a 4 day binge with zero sleep for which he is doin time for now. I have been clean for 7 months & it is a every day stuggle some days are easier than others. If anyone is thinking about tryin this drug my advice to you is LEAVE IT ALONE!! The high is not worth the damage this drug causes. I have seen people lose their children, homes,& even their lives over this drug! Meth cause so much damage to peoples lives & it didn't leave mine without damage. I ve had to remind myself sometimes of the damage it caused so I can stay clean. A friend of mine told me it wouldn't be easy but it would be worth it an that's true!

Sent from Amy213
using PrisonTalk
lf00251 (07-21-2012), tripsgirl (05-19-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 11:15 AM

I am a recovering drug addict i have been clean for 6 years and meth was my main drug.
The Following User Says Thank You to RBASa For This Useful Post:
tialooey (05-31-2014)
Old 05-06-2012, 11:38 AM

Meth was also my drug of choice. Was strung out for 13 years. Been clean for 10 years now. Its still a struggle sometimes but I know what I need to do to stay clean

Sent from my LG-P509 using PrisonTalk
Old 05-19-2012, 09:45 PM
one love two deep baby!!!

Meth is my drug of choice and my sobriety date is 6-23-11 yup going on a yr... it's a very addicting drug and can change ur life for the worst. But I take it day by day...
Faith--it doesn't make things easier, it makes them possible! Luke 1:37
The Following User Says Thank You to krystal1985 For This Useful Post:
lf00251 (07-21-2012)
Old 05-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Love Dont Run<3

I was addicted to meth as well.
It's not pretty. ;/
That is one of the reasons my fiancee is in prison right now. & the reason I was arrested in December.
We were both addicts. I've been clean for a month now.
It's definitely a struggle & those who have never been through it will never understand.
I go to two sometimes three NA meetings & week & it's definitely helping.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsgirl
I was addicted to meth as well.
It's not pretty. ;/
That is one of the reasons my fiancee is in prison right now. & the reason I was arrested in December.
We were both addicts. I've been clean for a month now.
It's definitely a struggle & those who have never been through it will never understand.
I go to two sometimes three NA meetings & week & it's definitely helping.
Keep going to those meetings girl. Get you a sponsor and work the steps. NA saved my life

Old 05-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Love Dont Run<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsCandy View Post
Keep going to those meetings girl. Get you a sponsor and work the steps. NA saved my life

Just got a sponsor a few days ago
I'm excited to start working the steps!

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsgirl

Just got a sponsor a few days ago
I'm excited to start working the steps!
Yay for you. Doing my happy dance. Just don't give up no matter what. If u ever need to talk u can pm me anytime

Old 05-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Love Dont Run<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsCandy View Post
Yay for you. Doing my happy dance. Just don't give up no matter what. If u ever need to talk u can pm me anytime

Thank you <3

Old 06-16-2012, 04:25 PM

Not my drug of choice never even tried it but have seen the damage it's done to friends. Not pretty but no addiction is...

Spongebob " What do you normally do when I'm gone?"
Star " Wait for you to get back!!"
Old 08-10-2012, 12:30 PM

I would also like to congratulate all of you whom have kicked this habit.

I myself have never used, but I've seen many I love destroyed by this drug. Some they have had to hit rock bottom in order to pick themselves up, some that still are at rock bottom, and some that are in the process of picking themselves up from rock bottom.

It is a very powerful addiction to overcome and if you are, you deserve much congratulations because you are a STRONG person!!!

I will pray handling this addiction becomes easier for you dear! much love xoxo

Every man needs a good woman when his life's a mess, 'cause just like in a game of chess, the QUEEN always protects her KING! <3

The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected!

Faith--it doesn't make things easier, it makes them possible! Luke 1:37
Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Love Waits....02/05/13

I was introduced to the roller-coaster world of Meth almost 2 years ago, by my fiance. We both did it together for a year...and it was the longest and yet fastest year of my life. It's why he was ordered by his PO to go to rehab, why he absconded from said rehab, and why he stalled in turning himself in for 7 months, only to be eventually caught and sent to prison for violating his parole.
The longest binge I spent was 9 days straight....Mind you that's also 9 days awake, and only eating because you're forcing yourself to, maybe once every day or two. My fiance's longest stint was 25 days he told me, but that was before I met him. I can't even imagine the despicable creature he was at that point, because I saw him (and the monster I was) after 9, and it was a nightmare. In retrospect, I don't even know who the hell I was at that point....It brings chills up my spine.
I have since been clean, but it's not easy.....I think about it almost every day, and have even slipped up twice..but my children come to mind and I always feel like a piece of crap for even thinking about doing it again. I finally said enough's enough- it's not worth it.
And it's true, meth addicts spend ungodly amounts of money (and hours when they should be sleeping) trying to rekindle that first high they felt the first time they used it. In just the year and change I was using, I've since noticed physical and mental changes in myself that I just know are a result of my addiction....I can't remember alot of things like I used to, I'm depressed more often, and sometimes I think I have a touch of nerve damage, because sometimes out of the blue, I'll get "creepy-crawly" sensations in different areas on my body.
To anyone even THINKING about trying Meth- Don't. The euphoric first impression you get will NEVER again be felt..and by then, all you're left with is, well, NOTHING- but an intense "need" to self-torture.

"Rocksie" w/out "Fraenkie"? ~

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrs*Axeslinger For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (09-01-2012), lisainengland (08-10-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 PM

i hit rock bottom in my life months before i got clean i'm about 70 days clean from heroin na has saved my life alot! I have a sponsor n go to meetings reguarly.i was big time heroin user for four years.I'm so grateful for alot today.Kicking a habit is possible if u believe in it.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:25 AM
Sweet Thing

I have not personally used meth. My man was on meth when he got locked up. He said that it was very destructive and that had he not been on meth he probablly wouldn't have done what he did. Congrats for being clean and I hope you can stay that way.

“We loved with a love that was more than love.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 AM

Talking Recovering meth addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
Congratulations to everyone who is struggling with this addiction. High praises to those who have kicked the monkey off thier backs.

I just want to let you all know that it can be done. I never used Meth, but am now 21 years cocaine free.

You are all held in the highest esteem. I am so proud of y'all!!

JJT
I am a recovering meth addict whos been clean now for almost 2years.Its not easy.Its a very hard road but I believe neone can quit nething as long as u put your mind to it.I unfortunetly am getting ready to go to Greenville federal womens camp for 20months due to my addiction but am very proud to say I am clean now and not because of my federal charges but because I wanted a differnt life for not only me but my kids and my husband.My husband was an addict of meth for over 20years and we did it together.Key point U HAVE TO HAVE A REASON TO WANT TO QUIT!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:09 AM
LOVING MY CRAZY LIFE!!

I used for about a yr and a half but have been clean now for 2 and half yrs.Being on meth sent me through a pure hell.I went to prison myself for 18 months and now have 2 and a half yrs of probation to do.It's a terrible drug to get addicted to and u will probably have times when u crave it,i know i do but u just have to occupy your mind and do something different.Congrats on your clean time can and remember to always go one day at a time.I look back now and see the sick person I became while I was strung out and it sickens me to know how I was to everybody around me.You will more than likely have times when you smell certain things that remind you of the drug and times when you taste it if you smoked it but it does get better with time.Good luck on staying clean and remember to stay away from old people,places and things that remind u of your using days.I still think about my using days whenever i go by old places i hung out and anytime I see people I used with and seeing certain items but I know I'm strong enough to walk away and leave my past in the past where it belongs.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:16 PM

I'm a recovering meth addict as well. I used on a daily basis for a few years and caught some burglary charges around 3 years ago. I was placed in greene county drug court which helped reinforce the need to attend support groups. I'm a member of a well known fellowship and have been clean for roughly 20 months. Getting clean is the easy part but staying clean is the tricky part. I thought that I had a drug problem but in reality I have a life problem that drug abuse is just a symptom of. Through regular meeting attendance, a sturdy support group, a sponsor, stepwork, service work, and avoiding people I used with, I've become employable, gained a place to call my own, a vehicle, a fiance(she's right at 5 months pregnant, we're having a little girl ) peace of mind, and my word finally means something again for the first time in over ten years(meth wasn't my first addiction, it was the last drug I tried) this simple program that I'm a part of promises 3 things ; that any addict can stop using, lose the desire to use, and find a new way to live. As I consistently apply these principles to my life, things get better. My life isn't all rainbows and puppy dogs now. but compared to how it used to be, it feels like it is. I still have a long way to go(I'm still in drug court, but I'm doing good except for fees), but as long as I take it a day at a time, there isn't anything that I can't achieve. My prayers go out to everyone that's struggling with addiction and if you want to know more about fellowship and friendships, message me and I'll pass on the information and give away what was so freely given to me.
Never Alone, Never Again
LX
The Following User Says Thank You to dlo417 For This Useful Post:
Desertwifey (08-12-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinezWifey View Post
weed is NOT a drug. Alcohol is WAY worse than weed.
Weed IS a drug. Alcohol IS a drug. Cigarettes(nicotine) and coffee(caffeine) ARE drugs.
A drug is constituted as any mind altering substance. I know that when I go without cigarettes, I become irritable and anxious, one thing at a time though.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:47 AM

Never tried meth, crack or heroin...

I congratulate all those who have overcome these beasts bc they scare the Jesus out of me

I watched many ppl change due to these monsters and always knew I am not strong enough to beat them so I will not even attempt to play with them

As for my ciggys I love them no matter how much they kill me I used cocaine heavily for a few years in high school I won't go near it now the feeling is nice and you can control it for a whole but sooner or later it controls you not big on weed or alcohol
Old 05-13-2013, 12:26 AM

Good for you
Damn my fiance & I were also hooked on crystal meth him more than I .
I hate that damn drug its sad wat it does to people no doubt about it its "the devils drug"
Him getting locked up saved him from the drug life now he sees life in a positive clean way & me having our baby boy also changed our lives for the better. God has a plan for us .
Never will we go back to those dirty ways.