Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.94%
6mo-1year 75 7.09%
1year and then some 299 28.26%
why would I do that(never) 600 56.71%
Voters: 1058. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Left my heart in Negril

Thanked 2,826 Times in 1,232 Posts

I used Meth for a few years, but never on a daily basis. I just partied with it. I would like to say that it is the most evil thing to hit this country...maybe ever. Terrible.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
- Marilyn Monroe

Last edited by LittleWing13; 09-03-2009 at 12:52 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2009, 01:00 PM
.......♥............

.....used it back in 04-06. let me just say, is the hardest thing to overcome....The best advise I could ever give you, confide in God!, pray, pray, pray!! I lost my family and love ones (relationships) because of my addiiction....lost my now fiancee to this as well...."YOU" have to be the one to say" no more". Only the man in the mirror (you) can pick yourself from your boot straps.... I was hospitalized for about a week (they pumped my stomach...ouch ) then was transferred over to a rehab center that made me realize the wrong doing I was causing myself and others that truely cared for me...Since then, I never looked back and my relationship with GOD/fiancee has gone from good to GREAT

Remember, through GOD all things are possible.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:48 AM
TIL THA CASKET DROPS!!!

im absolutley DONE with meth 4 life since ive had my son!!but i started doin meth when i was 14 and did it on and off up until 08!!!my man is DONE with it too or he can kick rocks!!ive been a stoner since i was 9 and ill be a stoner 4 life i think thats what saved me cause it never fully grabbed me i could go months at a time with no problem but most people arent so lucky!!meth is a horrible HORRIBLE drug tha sooner people get off of it the better cause i know alot of oldtimers that are still partying....."like it was 1980" lol just way dirtier and not as good plus there pushing 50 lookin like there pushin the crypt!!plus now a days most people who do meth are doing heroin like they go hand in hand......HORRRIBLE!!

MISSIN HIM MORE THEN A BLINDMAN MISSES SIGHT!!!!

Last edited by RoddasMaMa; 12-23-2009 at 12:58 AM..
Old 12-23-2009, 08:26 AM
My baby is home !!

Thanked 1,156 Times in 993 Posts

Yep I used meth for about 8 years, I have been clean for 2 years and couldn't be happier....I am so so thankful for everyday that I am clean, I feel so sorry for the people who are still using because nothing good will come out of it, it causes nothing but heart ache & pain.....

He's Home as of 7/17/2010
Old 12-25-2009, 02:38 PM

Default go fast

i did meth for 10 yrs or so. the only time i was clean is when i was behind the wall. and that didnt always stop me either.
i know this may sound crazy to some of you, or most of you. i used to be awake "litterally" for weeks at a time, or more. yes i got that bad. i got to where a 1/4 gram was not enough. yes in one shot!
i was afraid to sleep because thats when you got ripped off or busted (lol). so i was always (never) stopped hustling dope. i was a tweaking fool. but i loved it. the first time i did it i litterally felt like superman. i was smart, fast , strong and could do anything. tear stuff apart and put it back together. fix cars, and normally i knew nothing about cars.
after a few months. i couldnt even tie my shoes. tear something apart and never get it back together. i started ruining cars at this point. trippin on liscence plates and 76 balls on car attenas. them were the cops.
all i wanted was sex sex sex and more sex. got to wear i was so stupid i couldnt even shoot myself up anymore. then i was 459 ing everyplace i could. stealing cars and you name it. i have a sister has been using for over 20 yrs and i swear to you in my eyes she is now mentally retarted.
no pun intended.
i left california 18 yrs ago just to get away from the meth and i have not touched it since. and other then still being "partially institutionalized" i am normal. but it took me 4 yrs before i quit wanting to slam dope !
but clean 18 yrs now.
for you new users, if you gotta move to mars to get away from meth, nows the time. very addicting, and will destroy your life and will hurt everyone who loves you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonefiiishin For This Useful Post:
crazycasey183 (08-12-2010), Marilyn_Jade (02-04-2010)
Old 12-25-2009, 09:33 PM
The best is yet to come

Meth addiction took my husband away from me and caused him to make choices that will affect our family for the rest of our lives... I have tried it a few times, and thankfully I was strong enough not to let it suck me in.. It is the worst drug I have ever seen and I can see how easily people can get sucked in... I saw the love of my life slip away from me in the matter of months when he got back on it... Its the devil.. I hate it more then anything...

Old 12-27-2009, 12:48 PM
TIL THA CASKET DROPS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddasMaMa View Post
im absolutley DONE with meth 4 life since ive had my son!!but i started doin meth when i was 14 and did it on and off up until 08!!!my man is DONE with it too or he can kick rocks!!ive been a stoner since i was 9 and ill be a stoner 4 life i think thats what saved me cause it never fully grabbed me i could go months at a time with no problem but most people arent so lucky!!meth is a horrible HORRIBLE drug tha sooner people get off of it the better cause i know alot of oldtimers that are still partying....."like it was 1980" lol just way dirtier and not as good plus there pushing 50 lookin like there pushin the crypt!!plus now a days most people who do meth are doing heroin like they go hand in hand......HORRRIBLE!!

when i said it didnt grab me completely i mean i wasnt really addicted cause i could go with out it for so long!! but i started slammin on and off since i was 17 last time i salmmed was in 08 and im super greatful to be clean im lucky it didnt steal my soul like it seems to do to so many of my friends and to so many others!!!if my man didnt start doin meth again he would be home with us right now i completely blame that shit for why my love is in prison his mind goes a million miles an min and he thinks everyone is out to get him especially ME and thats just FOUL!!!i had to go thru ALOT of mental and physical pain cause of my man thinkin i was his enemy when i was exactly where ive always been by his side and on his side!!!!!METH IS POISON METH IS EVIL METH MAKES ME WANNA PUUUUUKE!!!

MISSIN HIM MORE THEN A BLINDMAN MISSES SIGHT!!!!

Last edited by RoddasMaMa; 12-27-2009 at 12:58 PM..
Old 02-04-2010, 01:54 PM

I never used meth and never will my prayes goes out to those in recovery.
Our New Life Starts Now......
Old 02-04-2010, 01:54 PM

Well congratulations to everyone who has been able to escape the grip of Meth. I personally have not done it but i have seen what it does to peoples lives. It destroys freindships, families, your mind, you body. IT JUST PLAIN DESTROYS EVERYTHING!!! So Thank you to all you people out there who have been strong enough to say no to the drug,and thank you to all of you who have quit using! And to those who are still using-- Keep in mind how much it hurts your loved ones and try to be strong and get some support!!!! XOXOXOX
Old 02-04-2010, 02:13 PM
.:Amor.Vincit.Omnia:.

Meth is the worst drug there is.. I myslf hve NEVER used it but hve been around it.. U can say I.ve always been the scary type cuz i.ve nvr dne drugs.. Not evn weed.. I think of the consequences it will bring me.. 3 of my bros r dwn that path.. It hurts knowing the kind of life they choose.. N nd out of prison, ruthless nd dnt care if they go bak.. Although we r not blood, it still hurts.. I saw thm grow the last 10 yrs n2 wat they r now.. U try 2 tlk nd reason wit thm nd all they tlk about is getting high.. U see thm all paranoid, nervous, shaking, seeing things that r not there.. Nd it just brks my heart.. Evrytime u get a call its scary think smeting might had happen 2 thm.. My bff was hookd also.. I thnk the Lord she was able 2 get rid of her addiction.. So far she has been clean a lil ovr a yr, but she standing strong for her nd her family.. I pray that any1 that has this addiction, can find the will 2 stop.. It dnt only hurt thm, also evry1 around that loves thm!! ='( The Lord can heal ANYTING! Just leave it n his hands nd Him start the healing!!! God bless evry1..
Old 02-05-2010, 06:07 AM

You can do this being clean and sober is such an awesome gift I gave myself. I used meth/crank for 28 years. The reason my husband is in prison is because of using meth. I gave birth to our son 9 months ago, and the first 2 months of my pregnancy I shot speed. The entire pregnancy I was a nervous wreck wondering if my son would be damaged from my using. I have gone to 21 rehab programs sometimes stopping for a short time, but mostly using even more when I got out. It's not easy getting clean, AA program has helped me. I also have hep C from shooting dope. The reason I want to stay clean is for my self, my son and my grandson. Each day I ask God to help me stay clean another day, and it has worked. Never give up trying, you are stronger than you think. Best of luck!!

God Bless,
The Following User Says Thank You to Kristi T For This Useful Post:
Katiebug (08-02-2010)
Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 AM

Default Drug addict

Desire
wanting and needing it everyday
Rage
overtakes me when the high goes away
Ugliness
so horrible I get numb inside
Guilt
knowing that I have lost my pride

Ashamed
of the constant cravings I get
Desperate
looking around for one more hit
Dishonest
telling more lies all for dope
Irresponsible
getting high in order to cope
Controlling
so intense that sometimes I go insane
Temptations
when I sleep, I hear dope calling my name

Written by: Allison Chaudoir
May 2009
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Never2Late For This Useful Post:
crazycasey183 (08-12-2010), Ellen Jo (05-22-2010), Katiebug (08-02-2010), TimedOut (05-08-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 06:12 PM

I used to use meth when I was 18, 19, and 20. At the time my bf, mom, moms husband, dad, and dads girlfriend all use to get high with me. Times were as "good" as they could get however that was the first time i have ever experienced dv due to the man i was with and the drugs affect not that was ok but meth is bad and when you "come down" you feel so much rage and hurt and you experience emotions so much more intense then normal (at least this was how it was for me). One day I "woke" up and decided i was done with meth, that i didnt need any man hitting me and I didnt want to end up like my parents. It has been 6 years now that I have been clean, I dont have any urge to go and get high because i know that it would ruin my life and Ive worked so hard to get where i am at. My mom and my moms husband have been clean for 4 yrs which is awesome since i am around them a lot. My father is still doing what he does but i dont see him that much but when i do i know what to expect. As far as the guy i was with at that time, i let him go and have stayed clear of him since.. I dont regret my decisions back then because those experiences have taught me so much and i have learned from that.

"Love is running into his arms, colliding with his heart, and exploding into his soul!"

Old 04-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Banned

I been clean 5 months off meth my addiction 20years i wont use again
Old 06-09-2010, 08:49 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,161 Times in 731 Posts

Congratulations Scooters wifey !!! Wow! I understand that so many struggle with the meth addiction - as badly as they may want the sobriety it's a hard drug to shake!

You are truly an inspiration of hope! Thanks you!

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

Old 08-02-2010, 10:35 PM

babylove,
I will tell you from experience that... ... it is really hard...its still hard for me at times ive been clean for over 2 years and to this day i cant watch somthing as simple as cops or intervention because it will bring back cravings, sometimes i have dreams, an old sponcer of mine once told me to injoy it in my dreams it the only time i can safly use without killing myself..i thought she was crazy then but now i understand i would call her in the middle of the night because i thought it was real and one time she said if it were real would you have stoped so easly or would you still be off and runnin... well if it was real i would have been off and runnin.... you say its going to be hard to stay clean after the baby comes but ima keep it 100 with you, you have a reservation because you are already continplating using it...i can tell you that you wont STOP till YOU are ready... for me i had to loose every thing..my home, car, job, my baby that was 2 at the time... i went threw rehabs..and half way houses, hospitals,,psyc units, state hospital.. it was all bad...i had to finaly surender and find someone greater than me that could help me and for me that was God.. today things are alot beter for me in 2 weeks my mother is signing gardionship of my daughter back over to me she will be 6 on the 15th of this month..i have my mom back inmy life because she had to give me tough love cause her way didnt work eather she would give me an inch and i would take a mile..i still dont have my own place yet but i live with my mom and daughter im workin on gettin a car things are okay today its hard if you want to stay clean you need to do some things,, find some meetings, go to them, get a sponcer, get a support group get numbers of people you can call when you just cant take it any more...wow i could go on forever if you want pm me we can talk all day if you need to ill go as far as give you my phone # if you are serious about wanting to stay clean this is somthing you have to do for your self..no one can do it for you.. if your no good to your self what makes you think you will be good for your child....let me ask you somthing if you were on a plain and it was goin down, and the masks fell infront of you and your child who would you put it on? you or the child?..i will tell you...you put it on your self..... if your not okay who will take care of the baby...pm me we can talk more good luck and these are just feeling they to shall pass...
Old 08-02-2010, 10:42 PM

i NEVER seen meth&&i dont want to see it..
Old 08-03-2010, 05:04 PM
missing me some chris

I have used meth once i was chillin with a guy i had been drinking an he asked me wouuld i like to try it since he didnt have no weed so i said yea an omg i kept goin an goin an goin until it was all gone so he took me home an i was up for 3 days no sleep i never called the guy again an i havent went to it since because i new if i called him again i would never be right again i could feel how powerful it was an it was a feeling i like way to much it scared the hell out of me an thank god it didNT AN THAT WAS 4 YRS AGO

2 YEARS AN 5 MONTHS before daddies home...

Last edited by bigc#1baby; 08-03-2010 at 05:06 PM..
Old 08-12-2010, 11:36 AM

Thanked 1,580 Times in 749 Posts

Congrats and love to those who survived a meth addiction. I have never tried it or would even know where to get it, but as the parent, I pray no one in my life is ever effected by it.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:28 PM

I used meth for a little over a year. I had to move out of state and start over to stop using. I stayed away for 7 years, and now I'm back in the state, but 10 years later, I am still meth free. You can do it, it gets easier!
Stay away from your old friends, anyone you know that uses or anyone that knows anyone that uses. The less temptations the better!
Good luck and great job so far!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:34 PM
El Amor Nunca Falla
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,074 Times in 652 Posts

I've tried a lot of drugs (just once each for most of them) but I never tried meth and probably never will. Same goes for crack. I'm in my early twenties, but I feel way too old for any of that crap now!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:01 AM

Thanked 2,969 Times in 1,904 Posts

You are going to get your joy back... Don't go backwards you have a baby to think about but most of all you have to think about you and what's best for you... And if your "Friends" Introduced you to that they are not your friends
Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Wezze's Girl

I agree, everyone handles it differently. I know a lot about this drug because I was a Meth user for 12 years. Used it everyday. It's not something I'm proud of, but I did it and can't take it back. I was what you would call the "productive" user. I still went to work, and did all the things people who don't use do. I could tell you some stories that you would never believe about the things I have seen, and the people I have met. Crazy! I have been clean now going on 3 years and it is a fight I will have to live with everyday for the rest of my life. As with any addict. The reason you don't feel the way you used to is because Meth releases Dopamine that your brain already has. That's why when you do it it makes you feel so good. If you are a long time user after a while your brain will stop producing the Dopamine because the drug is doing it for it. So after you stop using your brain is no longer releasing it as it should. For someone like myself, it could take up to seven years for my brain to start releasing Dopamine again. And possibly never. So I now take a drug that has Dopamine in it to replace it. And for some like your boyfriend, who went off the deep end, I know all to well. My man was the same. It sucked. There was no telling him differently once he got something in his head. A losing battle for sure. You will feel better I promise. You abused your body by poisoning it and now it needs time to heal. I hope this helps. Hang in there, and yes stay away from it! God Bless.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Stand Tall Fade All

I used meth for over 10 years and God willing on the 16th of Dec I will have 6 years clean and sober from all substances. Good luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to billysbutton For This Useful Post:
O's Sweetheart (12-02-2010)
Old 09-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Where's my baybuh?

I smoked it back before I went in to highschool (Ridiculous right??) luckily I was able to get out of that scene in less than a year. I didn't even realize the severity of it while I was doing it. I have never done it since and it has been 9 years. If I ever saw a 14 year old girl twirling a pipe I'd punch her in the face.