Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.93%
6mo-1year 75 7.08%
1year and then some 299 28.23%
why would I do that(never) 601 56.75%
Voters: 1059. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 PM

Default Be glad you don't know why meth users get high!!!

As I sit here and read all of your posts I find myself crying. I used meth for 15+ years. I tell people I can take it or leave it. I am not sure who I'm trying to convince others or myself. I don't hunt for it but if the opportunity presents itself I rarely find myself turning it down. My biggest problem when I am on it is that I see tree people! My conspirators and I always joke about that but it's actually not funny. I do it becuz I get things done, not just faster but better it seems where if I am not on it I have a hard time getting it done at all. The other major reason is that yes, it keeps my weight down. I have been single for years and don't want to be that way forever. (And I know that I have little to offer when I am on it so why would anyone subject themselves to that anyway, right?) I know I should want to be with someone who likes me no matter how much I weigh but that's not easier said than done. I only do it every so often and am actually presently trying to help a good friend stay away from it. I have even kept away from her to keep her away from it. Can you say "who needs the help?" Anyway, congratulations to all those who are making the effort, made the effort and are succeeding, and to all those who support all the ones who need it! For anyone who has never done it and can't understand for the life of them why anyone would who knows what it does please bite your tongue when you feel the need to speak up. You not knowing why is the exact reason you are not in the other person's shoes. The only way you could ever understand to have it enter your life and that is something I would not wish upon my worst enemy. Good luck to all!!!

PS I am not sure who posted the statement about you only get that initial high once, but you are right on target there. I only wish I would have realized it sooner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNT KNO Y For This Useful Post:
carole54frogs (12-10-2008), missingmybaby1 (09-09-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts

i've never touched a drug in my life but i watch intervention and i see how it destroys lives. what really makes me so sad is when they interview the people who are using about why they use because so often it's to numb pain fro awful things that have happened to them.imo, people that use are on the road to hell, cause drugs ushually lead to prison or death. i greatly respect and admire those who have overcome their addictions and have remained clean. and to those who are still addicted as long as there is breath in your body, there is hope!!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:58 PM
A Woman Waits

I started using meth when my daughter's bio dad relapsed. I was a cocaine user prior to that and had been clean for about 3 years. I was only using for a couple months when my mom caught on and called in DSS because I was starting to spin out of control. My children were taken from me on Oct 23 2007. I was angry and hurt and continued using until Nov 3, 2007 when I agreed to enter a treatment program through DSS, I haven't touched it since...it was so hard because my husband (not my current partner we are getting divorced) refused to get clean even after a 45 day treatment program. when he relapsed after that it was ovber between us. I met Jeff soon after. He went back to prison shortly after, 2008 and FINALLY confessed about all the other women and that sealed the deal for me...even though I had met Jeff and started seeing him casually that was the nail in the coffin of hope for my marriage. I was really hoping he would do better upon release his remainder was only till this month...He was released 3 sept. and off paper on 5 sep. I have him the contact info for our DSS caseworker so he could arrange visitation as he said he wanted to be in Lillian's life....be a dad again etc...he never called. He got high again on 6 sept only 3 days post release...he left his parents home the following day and has not been back since....he is still alive (I guess he answers the phone every once is a while when they call to check) but is still using hard again. It makes me sad for my daughter, I am just thankful that she was lucky enough to have Jeff in her life as well, he has been the most loving and caring "daddy" to her, Im glad she is still going to have the daddy she deserves in him and I HOPE that one day A will get his poop in a group and decide that Lil is more important than meth.

I hate the drug btw for what it does to families...to people, for who it turned me into, for how HARD it was to escape even after only a short period of use. FOr what it did to MY KIDS through me and my ex.

And when HE walked into my life,
I KNEW why it had never worked out with anyone else...
Old 09-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned

Location: Elm street, Commerce, Oklahoma, USA, Earth, The Milky Way,The Universe
Thanked 1,354 Times in 624 Posts

Get a bicycle, hang out with me, you'll lose weight. lol!

I was just reading in the paper again, how another meth lab was busted. North East Oklahoma has been dilligent in their crack-down on meth labs lately. I think the only way they are going to send a message to erradicate this problem, is to start handing down life sentences with out parole. ... Just my opinion.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:48 AM
Vancover, WA / Deer Ridge

Default I just had to comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoAirMan View Post
Get a bicycle, hang out with me, you'll lose weight. lol!

I was just reading in the paper again, how another meth lab was busted. North East Oklahoma has been dilligent in their crack-down on meth labs lately. I think the only way they are going to send a message to erradicate this problem, is to start handing down life sentences with out parole. ... Just my opinion.
While that may be your honest opinion of what may actually help society as a whole, I doubt that it would be any more sucessful than Proabition was when they made booze illeagal. If you take a look a other countries who leagalize and regulate things like drugs & prostitution, you may realize that much of the 'drug' crimes are actually because people who are addicted to drugs like meth are as much victims of the whole thing as those who are affected by the associated crime that comes with illeagal drug activity.
Plus, where would you stop. If someone who was addicted to meth was given a life sentence for possesion, would a housewife who developed an addiction to prescription drugs she gets from a 'friend' or your uncle who drinks to excess since he came back from the gulf or how about . . . you get the idea. The addiction should be handled seperatly from the crimes that the addict may commit.
Perhaps if it was treated like alcoholism and your boss sent you to rehab if you got high, and your Great Aunt nodded sympathetically instead of calling the police as if you were the walking dead - more people would get help before life gets out of hand.

_ Sorry if this came on too strong but OBVIOUSLY I have a personal view on the whole subject. Honestly just because a person has used drugs or even if they have served time for drug posession, it does not mean that they should lose more of life than the addiction has already cost them. But that's just my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to lushlifepdx For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2008, 01:25 AM

I went to detox at 16 for meth addiction and cleaned my act up. But this March I did 9 days in detox and 21 days in treatment for alcoholism and addiction to pain pills. Recovery IS possible, even after relapse.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:50 PM
~Love Is NEVER A Mistake~

~My man(inmate) has used meth from the age of 11 on and off until 7 month's ago, I have no reason to ever touch the stuff~~~I have seen what it does to people and stay far away from it~
Old 12-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Account Closed

I have never used METH but my best friend was very addicted to it for many years after she got off it for about 4 years, we discovered a prescription medicine that was"awesome"( aderall and basically all other adhd meds) we became very much so addicted to this....it affects your central nervous system , having allot of the same affects as meth we would stay up for 8 or 10 days barely eat, yeah and is way bad stuff...I was able to stop completely about 6 months ago but unfortinatly she is still strung out..I hope and pray that anyone who has any drug problems will find help....First place to go....The Word of God only he can set you free.....God bless all!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:07 PM

Thanked 1,021 Times in 633 Posts

congrats on being sober 3 months! i am a meth user as well as my boyfriend who is in prison right now for offences. i'm trying everday to quit for him and each day it just seems to hard. i think well he isnt out until valentines day i can get clean by then. NO! i have to practice what i preach and stay clean for my man. the withdrawls can be brutal i know, but just think of how nice to will be to say i kicked one of the most addictive drugs. every emotion you are talking about, i got thru every day and once i get up the STRENGTH to let go, they will all disappear too. your not alone. one day at a time girl.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:55 PM
carole54frogs

were you buying the adhd meds or using your childrens, like my son did ....shame on hi m ....thank god I now control the childrens meds ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cay~Ron View Post
I have never used METH but my best friend was very addicted to it for many years after she got off it for about 4 years, we discovered a prescription medicine that was"awesome"( aderall and basically all other adhd meds) we became very much so addicted to this....it affects your central nervous system , having allot of the same affects as meth we would stay up for 8 or 10 days barely eat, yeah and is way bad stuff...I was able to stop completely about 6 months ago but unfortinatly she is still strung out..I hope and pray that anyone who has any drug problems will find help....First place to go....The Word of God only he can set you free.....God bless all!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:57 PM
carole54frogs

no reply Cay~Ray ?

Old 12-15-2008, 06:23 PM
ahma daeus

Tana,

First of all "congratulations" on your three months of sobriety.(abstinence from meth)
You are to be commended for your efforts to re-claim your life. Be patient with yourself. That old saying about it being "darkest before the dawn" really rings true with substance abuse. Just continue to take it one day at a time, while constantly reminding yourself that you never want to return to the darkness that was your life when you were using. You have to give yourself a chance to be successful with your recovery...it may be necessary for you to say goodbye to some old friends as you try to leave that unhealthy lifestyle behind. You really have to stay on top of what you are thinking and watch those physical urges...when you start to crave..go work out or go for a walk somewhere in nature. Call a supportive friend who knows what you are going through. I promise you, it gets easier with time. Try to be honest with yourself and others...help will come from places that you had no idea existed. Trust me, the universe and your future are rooting for you. And, so am I. Good luck to you Tana.

Warm regards
In support,
Ahma Daeus

Last edited by ahma daeus; 12-15-2008 at 06:24 PM..
Old 12-20-2008, 10:57 PM

I also did this drug for roughly 3 months. My husband is in prison now for this drug (well HIS actions while on this drug). I lost a lot when I used. But Im here to tell you that you will beat it!! I have been without it roughly 3 years now, Im not gonna lie.. you will have the "urge" to do it probably the rest of your life..whether you act on it or not is the difference!!! I moved from where I was and started over. But urge's are there but i know where I was with it and don't want to go back!! You'll see it's not worth it!! Good Luck
Old 12-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Missing my dad & brother

I never have, but my dad (and step-dad) are both recovering users.

Now a penpal to the best! Know someone who needs a penpal? PM me and let me know :-)
Old 12-21-2008, 01:55 PM
carole54frogs

it is a tough road kicking this addiction to meth...but, it
can be done...props to all who are trying...just know also
that adhd meds are also, legal meth, and usually stolen from a child

Old 12-21-2008, 04:30 PM

i used meth for over 2 years. and i cant even begin to explain the things that i went through. i literally lost EVERYTHING i owned. i have nightmares about it often and i think about the people i knew and the horrible things they did to me all the time.....i cant escape what i have gone through. i hate that whole part of my life....except the fact that it led me to meet my boyfriend. hes in prison for meth now...and him getting locked up is what made me realize that i dont want that life anymore. I was sober for 6 months, relapsed for 5 days, and have been sober since (over 9 months now straight clean.)
meth is evil. and i wish i could be lucky enough to have never tried it. i wish i didnt have to fight urges. i hate meth and i hate what it has done to so many peoples lives and will do to so many more if we dont put a stop to it

"MY LIGHT. MY AIR. MY EVERYTHING. MY LOVE. MY LIFE."
The Following User Says Thank You to My L.A.E.L.L. For This Useful Post:
carole54frogs (12-21-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 01:46 PM

Hi everyone i posted a thread about my baby daddy being an addict i am an ex addict and was wondering if any one could give me soem advise.

Thank You

Old 12-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Banned

Location: Elm street, Commerce, Oklahoma, USA, Earth, The Milky Way,The Universe
Thanked 1,354 Times in 624 Posts

Just say no.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:18 PM
carole54frogs

BABY GIRL, I RAISED MY OLDEST SON, THE WAY I RAISED ALL OF MY CHILDREN....YET LATER IN LIFE HE CHOSE THE METH ROAD TO HELL

THIS KIND LOVING YOUNG MAN, TURNED INTO A PERSON I HAD NEVER SEEN OR WANT TO SEE AGAIN...HE BROKE MY HEART MORE TIMES THAN I CAN COUNT.... HE STOLE EVERYTHING HE COULD FROM ME...AND EVEN TOLD ME ONCE, HE WOULD HAVE ME KILLED

HE LOST HIS 2 OLDER SONS, NOW 21 AND 18,...I GAVE THEM BACK TO THEIR MOTHER WHO LIVES IN MONTANA...DO NOT LIKE HER BUT, SHE DOES NOT DO DRUGS...SAD TO SAY WE NEVER SEE THEM...THEIR MOTHER HAS TURNED THE OLDEST COMPLETELY AGAINST HIS FATHER AND THE 18 yr OLD, WILL TALK NOW AND AGAIN...THE ONLY WAY I KNOW HOW THEY ARE DOING IS TO PEEK ON THEIR MY SPACE......AND FOUND THEIR GIRLFRIENDS WILL POST BACK TO ME

THEY HAVE TO HIT ROCK BOTTOM, LIKE WITH EVERY OTHER ADDICTION...MY SON FINALLY DID THIS WHEN I WAS CONTACTED BY CPS TO COME AND GET HIS 2 LITTLE ONES 2 AND 3....OF COURSE I DROVE TO WASHINGTON AND GOT THEM...

HE WAS TOLD WHAT WAS HAPPENING...HE AND HIS NEW WIFE WERE BOTH FACING JAIL, IF THINGS DIDN'T CHANGE...I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO CONTACT THEM WHEN I ARRIVED...BUT, I AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE A MOTHER....

I PACKED THE FOUR OF THEM AND ALL WE COULD STUFF INTO MY MY VAN, AND WE HEADED BACK TO OK..WITHOUT THE STATE KNOWING (THEY HAD ONLY BEEN IN WA A FEW MONTHS) THE METH ROAD STARTED IN CA...

ANYWAY, I LAID DOWN THE LAW AND BECAME THEIR JAILER (AND NOT A NICE ONE)...THAT WAS IN 2001...AND THEY HAVE BOTH BEEN CLEAN SINCE...THANK THE LORD

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU SWEET PEA...AND REMEMBER YOU CAN COME HERE TO ME IF EVER YOU NEED

Last edited by carole54frogs; 12-23-2008 at 02:21 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to carole54frogs For This Useful Post:
Sweet_pea (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 02:44 PM

Thank you so much Ms. Carole this is jsut a struggle and i have came to a conclusion i have to let him hit rock bottom to get his life together i gave up wasting my breathe getting mad and crying all the time and i know it isn't healthy for my baby. I just gotta do what i need to do and hopefully he will realize his family. His mother always makes excuses for him i know what its like to be a meth addict i was one but my addiction wasn't that strong and i thank god that i was able to stop and didn't suffer the things my man does. Each is there own path and all i can do is give my child a better life soemtimes i feel that with both of us being meth addicts and gang members we can not offer nothing better to our child. But i refuse that to be ok i will strive, to give my child the best life. It is just hard i had no idea i was in store for all of this.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:51 PM
carole54frogs

I BELIEVE IN YOU...YOU CAN DO IT...YOU ARE ALSO THE STRONGEST PEA IN THE POD

The Following User Says Thank You to carole54frogs For This Useful Post:
Sweet_pea (12-23-2008)
Old 12-24-2008, 05:33 PM

I hear you there, my childrens father is a serious meth addict and it ruined us.. he quit for about 3 months and relapsed.. I had to end it.. Things were getting horrible.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:36 PM
carole54frogs

SO SORRY MY DEAR....MAY YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN HAVE MANY BLESSINGS

SURE HOPE THEY ARE BEING GOOD AS JUST LEFT

FRANCE AND IS MOVING VERY FAST...

Old 01-07-2009, 11:33 AM

Default meth use

i didn't post an answer because none of them fit my use and the length of time i used. i have used for 15 years on and off meth isn't my drug of choice but its why i went to federal prison. i have a lot of experience with withdrawls and just how coming off dope screws up with your little "natural" happy makers that fire off in your brain. i guess when we use drugs for a length of time our brain stops firing those little feel goods and the drug takes its place. so when you stop using there is no drug to imitate the feel good and then it takes like up to a year for your brain to start doing that again. i was suprised you are going through so much for the little amount of time you used. not trying to downplay what your going through or how long you used. but anyway just stick it out and know it may be rough for awhile but meth will ruin your life. i know from experience. feel free to hit me back about this ok hope i was helpful
Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 PM

I am kindof scared of how good the sex is going to again. The only thing that I am thankful for is that we will have been apart for 18 months so I am thinking the sex will be great since we haven't gotten any in a year and a half. Is that a weird thing to think?