Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.94%
6mo-1year 75 7.09%
1year and then some 299 28.26%
why would I do that(never) 600 56.71%
Voters: 1058. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2008, 06:59 PM

Life does go back to normal. I have been clean from meth for 4 yrs. I spent my first six months in inpatient rehab. My advise to you is no its not easy and get a sponser and do the steps ASAP. I did the steps many times in my first year because new issues from my past would come back to me that I had forgotten because of memory lose and mental health issues. I did meth for close to ten yrs so I was VERY broken. Now I maintain a job, steady house and have healthy kids. GOOD LUCK too you. You can do it!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2008, 07:07 PM
loonachick26

i used at leas a gram of ice a day for two years, and have been clean for 2 yrs now....to answer your question...no it doesnt get better, and you will never get that feeling back, however you learn to really cope with life instead of being in a geeked stooper all the time..just as nothing makes life easier, stopping using will not make it that way either. I overdosed three times, heart stopped beating once and was put in in treatment care facility for 4 months before i finally realized tha my baby, my life, my friends, and my family were important to me than anything else......one thing you must do is never, ever be aorund anyone who is using even if that means getting new friends..I know, I lost all of mine, but know what?? Today I'm happy, spending time with my son who is a straight a student....lif eis still hard but im taking that shit by the horns now, ya heard me??? Meth is the devil, I know, and have I stopped wanting it? Noooooo, and I never will, just like any other addiction, but youve got to ake your mind up that going through hell is something youve got to do sober...congrats on eing clean and good luck....if youre ever in need of advice of need anything let me know, if ayone knows the demon youre dealing with, I do...god bless you
Old 02-07-2008, 07:19 PM

I just want to give you props for realizing you needed to quit and actually doing something about it!
Congragulations!
Your one of the few that could still grab hold of who they were before the drug erased them of all they once knew.
My baby is in jail right now ((bout to be moved to prison)) and part of the reason is because of meth=(
He's better now though..been sober 15 months! =]]
Old 02-07-2008, 11:11 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,020 Posts

I tried it once just to see what it does to a person to make them do some of the horrible things my hubby did when on meth. It did nothing for me. Maybe I didn't do it right or it wasn't really meth, I don't know, but it did not make me feel any different. My hubby was so addicted to it a few years back and I had to see what all the fuss was about. He almost lost his family over the stuff and I still can't figure out what the attraction is.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:00 PM

Default tried

patswife4-ever I am with you....I tried it and nothing happen, i remember when I was young around 19 and my son father used to sell METH crystal rock and i was free-basing and I ran out and was waiting for the reup, and I try to smoke it and it was nasty I was mad(LOL)...then I tried to snort it and it did nothing at all....one day my sister and brother came over for some coke and I didn't have any so I gave them some METH and they wallpapered my bathroom all night(it was soooooo funny)....but the high was so boring, so maybe back in the 1980's it was different, or they puttting something in it to make people bug out now, I am 45 now and I stop free-basing when crack came out, and I did not like that at all, so thumbs up for me I have not touch drugs now for atleast 22 years....but like you said I don't understand that high at all......it was a good thing for the both of us, because people are loving that high!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:37 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,020 Posts

Good for you Sanders01 for being drug free for 22 years!! The thing with me is that I don't do drugs. I am so anti drug it is not even funny. Yeah, in high school I smoked a little but that was all. I headed the warnings in school about how drugs can kill you. Seriously, I thought if I put anything up my nose, I would just keel over and die I still feel that way. The only other reason I did it was because my sister did it and she did not die, LOL. ALTHOUGH we had to take her to the hospitale because she THOUGHT she was going to die!! How sad is that?!? Again, the MAIN reason I did it is because I wanted to understand what was so powerful that it would make a person steal and lie. When my hubby was doing the METH, he stole a digital camera from the next door neighbor and gave it to me for my birthday How sad is that?!? Of course the neighbor came to visit and saw her camera. I gave it back and was devastated that he would do something like that. Heck, the man stole from ME!! Well, anyway, he has been clean for 2years and I am hoping he is not being tempted in prison as he has told me it is easier and cheaper to get it there than on the streets!! Good luck to us all.. Take Care
Old 02-18-2008, 01:17 PM
His Angel

congrats on getting clean and staying clean this long. its an every day battle and some day you will fell like using again, but its just the devil testing you...you have to stay strong for your baby and for yourself!!! i have used drugs like coc, weed, vicodine, and extasy and the ones i had the wrost problem was coc and then vicodines, i have been clean from coc since i was 18 years old and im 23 now and i have been clean off the vicodine since 11-27-07 so it hasnt been that long but i have to be honest with you, i feel like using them every single day i get up, staying clean is a hard thing to do but with the right people around you and positive things in your life you can do this honey!!!

stay strong and best of luck!!

~Christie

I LOVE MY BABY WITH ALL MY HEART, MIND, BODY, SOUL AND SPIRIT FOREVER!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:00 PM
missing her man...

I was on meth for about 3 years...and it was hell...i have been clean for about a year and a half...and things are finally back to normal...i can sleep and eat normally...i dont think about it everyday all the time...it gets better...hang in there!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 07:17 PM

I've used meth for about 10 years and only quit when i was put in jail.Yes when its got ya,its got ya.But when i was coming off of it it wasn't that bad for me.At first i slept all the time,but after a month i was cool.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:35 PM

I have never used drugs but I have witnessed the devastation they can cause.

-Sai Baba
Old 04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Loving Him
Donation Award 

I used meth for about a year and my man used for at least 5 years. Amazingly he is not in prison for meth charges, he got charged with Forgery and Attempted escape(which he didnt do). We have both been Clean for almost 6 months, we decided that we would get clean and then a week later he got arrested for a warrant. I think God had a major part in him getting arrest because i honestly think that if he hadnt been in jail this whole time he would of used. Everyday is a struggle. Meth really is the worst drug every and like BudboyII said, when its got ya, its got ya. Even after 6 months i still have cravings and "meth" dreams sometimes. Its hard to stay strong all the time but it is all worth it, life is so much better without drugs.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Justin~Dylan~Damian

I have used meth on and off for 10 years and was always my drug of choice, but I could take it or leave it. It made me super woman...I suffer from several mental illnesses one being o.c.d. and the meth made it easier to deal with my compulsions and many rituals. I havnt used in almost a year and thats okay too, I think its all in your mind also I dont have an addictive personality,which makes a big difference too. I just quit smoking cigs after 25 years, cold turkey and I wasnt even trying to quit, I just woke up one day and had no desire to smoke !

The Following User Says Thank You to maria3lynn For This Useful Post:
NoAirMan (04-14-2008)
Old 05-14-2008, 11:03 PM

I've never tried meth, but I do smoke cigarrettes. Ugh, that addiction alone is a b*tch to quit, so I would never even touch anything else... Including alcohol. Thank God I can't stand the taste of the stuff, anyway.

With that being said, however, I can't bring myself to judge those who have used too harshly, and not just because of my addiction to nicotine. I have PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), and sometimes it gets so bad I've actually had fleeting thoughts of self medicating, (ie; holding my nose and drinking a beer) just so I could get to sleep.

My son's biological father, come to find out after 17 years of searching, is in for possession. Like so many others, meth was his way of self medicating from the effects of the Bi Polar Disorder he suffers from. I just hope that with God's help he can stay away from it. Bless his heart. He and his family are in my prayers daily.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 AM
Banned

Location: Elm street, Commerce, Oklahoma, USA, Earth, The Milky Way,The Universe
Thanked 1,354 Times in 624 Posts

Ya don't have to hold my nose to make me drink a beer! ...
No, actualy, I quit drinking, or, I should say, God willing, I wont drink again.
I use to be on a lot of coke for several years, but quit that, along with pot but drinking, is by far, the hardest thing to quit doing.
For me anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 05-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

i used and am so glad I walked away from it. The first time I used a rig was the last time i touched it. Drug free for almost 2 years and cigarette free for 8 months!!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Jennifer Morgan

I did meth for six months of my life and like that I gave it up cold turkey but I saw what it was doing to my HUSBAND who is sitting in doc now for the attempted manufacturing of meth and I realized I didn't like what it did to Me or what it was going to do to him. And like what was stated earlier everyone has different signs and symptoms. But for me it was easy, for my husband it was very hard it took him hitting rock bottom and us looseing everything to make him realize the drug wasn't worth it.All you need for any dependency problem is a good support group people who want to see you succeed and not fail and all will be fine for you . But I know I will keep you in my prayers cause the first snort wont be the last for someone recovering.Just keep remembering no matter what the problem will always be there after the drug wears off.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:25 AM

Never touched the devil's drug.
The Following User Says Thank You to Illinois For This Useful Post:
bunnybunny (06-25-2008)
Old 07-01-2008, 09:37 AM

My husband was addicted t crack and i seen what he went threw, wich is why he is locked up today. I told him that drug will leave you dead are in prison, he sees now i was rite. I myself never had a prob with meth are crack, But mt husband did and my heart truley goes out to anyone fighting a horrible addiction of any kind of drug. I had to watch him fem, get sick, loose weight, he was violent when he couldent get the drug it was bad. I went threw it with xanax myself.. All I can say is Pray, Pray hard ask our God to help deliver you from such a dreadfill thing. Because in order for him to help us, we have to want to help ourselves.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I HAVE MOVED ON!!!

i used meth on and off since i was 15 -- i have been clean for 4 months and have no desire to use again -- thank God i still have my girls and have never been to prison i guess looking back i was really lucky --- i always considered myself as in control i always said i did i because i wanted to not because i needed it -- i have an ex-husband that is addicted to everything (he is the one i first used meth with) --my mom doesn't know nor will she ever know ---i have no idea why i posted here i guess this is my way of saying that i have been clean for 4 months and i intend on staying that way God willing --

The Following User Says Thank You to jackielovestony For This Useful Post:
bunnybunny (07-04-2008)
Old 07-04-2008, 04:26 AM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackielovestony View Post
i have been clean for 4 months and i intend on staying that way God willing --

This is what is most important!!!
The past is behind you and you have stated your future!!

I am proud of you!

God Bless!
Old 07-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Is it 2011?

Never touched meth, but there are a couple others I experimented with.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:40 AM
The gettofabulos redneck

Thanked 1,984 Times in 830 Posts

Meth now that is something I know plenty about. First I would like to tell you CONGRATS FOR THE CLEAN TIME!!!!!!!!! I was clean for 17 years when speed reared its ugly head back into my life. I fell off my clean wagon and on the dirty trip of dope. I was so ashamed of my self after all I am a mother of a teenager and how tacky is that to have a child and a great home and be craving dope? Its discusting the habit is by far worse than my smoking habit. At any rate what woke me up is that fact that I have 2 best friends that I have had for over 30 years. We all had a dope addiction back in the 80's and all whipped it by seperating our selves from each other and by removing anyone in our life that did dope. Both of them woke me up again and told me the stuff thats out there now is not like what we had this stuff will kill you and they were right chest pain, metal taste in my mouth cause me to not eat well anyone who has had the misfortune of doing dope knows what happens from there. I walked away from it and tuned out the voice of satan who kept bringing it in to my desires. My husband is the one who brought it to me knowing I had all those clean years. He never stopped using and I saw him turn. The point I am getting at is no matter how long you have clean your never free from it if you put your self around anyone who uses. Speed kills joy and any happiness you have it breaks up families and reputations. I make it a practice to stay away from it all cost.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:33 PM
lisharon

I Have Been Clean Since 2005. I Have A Much Better Life Now, And A Beautiful Daughter. No Drug Is Worth Me Ever Getting Back On And Loseing Everything I Have Worked Hard To Get Back!

WAR EAGLE
The Following User Says Thank You to lisharon For This Useful Post:
bunnybunny (08-25-2008)
Old 08-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Anthony's Forever

Well i am a recoverig meth addict my self i used meth for 9 -10 years, and i have been clean now for 1 year and 7 months... I could not be happier though evryday is a battle to stay clean bt i now work with addicts and i Chair crystal meth annonymus meeting in my area.. My man is also in recovery, the clean time that he has comes form being i prison, i am scraed for him when he gets out.. But i know that with support he will be o.k. I pray for him and his addiction as well as i do for my own, God Answers all...
Old 09-05-2008, 03:12 PM

HELLO AND GOD BLESS!YOU TALK TO JESUS NOW BECAUSE I HAVE A SISTER THAT IS HAVING SEIZURES BECAUSE OF METH THIS IS A DRUG STRAIT OUT OF HELL!GOD CAN TAKE THE CRAVE AWAY.YOU HAVE TO WANT IT THO!ARENT YOU WORTH IT?YOU CANT LET THIS DRUG HAVE YOUR SOUL!!!