Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.93%
6mo-1year 75 7.08%
1year and then some 299 28.23%
why would I do that(never) 601 56.75%
Voters: 1059. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Banned

Location: Elm street, Commerce, Oklahoma, USA, Earth, The Milky Way,The Universe
Thanked 1,354 Times in 624 Posts

Reminds me of once I was hanging at this pool hall my dad used to go to, the bartender, as I was leaving, asked me to take the cue ball out of my pants he thought I was stealing. ... Sorry dude, This aint no cue ball. ... Ahem!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Son home from La Tuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahunt69
Meth would have killed me if I had not have gone to jail In jail the girls in my cell knew how to help with the withdraws, something i would never want to live through again. Nor do I think I could. I wan only on meth about 6 weeks, and it wreaked my life, landed me and my husband in jail. It's the devils drug of choice.
My 23 year old son got hooked on Meth and was busted and sent to Federal Prison but he is so thankful because he feels he would have been dead by now.When he got busted he had been up for 3 days and sitting in jail was so hard for him to go thur the withdraws he would call me crying that he was going insane and at one point i called the jail because he said he was just going to kill himself it was so bad for him so they put him in the hole so they could watch him.From Federal holding he went to Rehab for 45 days and came home a new person and has been in prison now for 15 months.
But as i said he is so thankful because he would have never gotten the help he needed on his own
Old 06-10-2007, 08:28 PM
life changes you

I was addicted to meth for about 4 years. It started so innocently. My ex fiancee asked if I had ever done it. I said no. He begged me to do it with him. Said that it wasn't bad, all it would do is make us clean or have sex for hours. Well 3 days later he convinced me to do it. We had 1/4 gram for 2 of us & he was addicted to it. but that much kept us up all night & half the next day. I had to go to work & left early cuz I was tired & needed more. That was my sprial to hell. I started stealing to support the addiction. I stole my parents checkbook & wrote $3000 in forged checks. I went to jail many times. I was in jail probally 3 times and had meth in the pockets of my pants. I was so super lucky that I never got busted for meth.
I hid my addiction from everybody. I covered all the bases. I used at friends houses with them, didn't come home until I was "down". I didn't pick at my skin cuz I knew that is a sign of meth use. If I felt "itchy" I would put lotion on. I brushed my teeth to keep from getting "meth mouth" I would force myself to eat & I made myself sleep at least once a week.
Then I moved in with a dealer & his girlfriend. In exchange for meth I watched her son cuz she couldn't handle him when she was high & I could. So then using was easy. I had unlimited access to the drug, free reign if you will. And trust me I used it. It got to the point where I would only sleep maybe once a month. It was so bad I couldn't even make it thru a 4 hour visit with Tony(my husband) without using. I would sneak it into the prison in my pant pocket, bra, shoe however I could. This was after using about a gram on the 27 mile drive.
I finally got clean after I looked at my watch one day & noticed that I missed a visit with Tony & didn't care. I just wanted to get high. That was the end. It was a friday. I called my mom that night after not talking to her or any other member of my family for 4 months, moved back home Saturday, entered rehab on Monday.
I told Tony the whole story on Monday also. He was super pissed at me. But he stood by my side. It was not easy. In the first year of getting clean I lost my job & car. And a really good friend died of a meth overdose. That made me want to use. But I had to fight the urge.
As of this day I have been clean 2 years, 6 months, 28 days. November 13th,2004 is the day that I changed my Life

Congrats to all the others of you that have gotten off the devils drug.

Sorry that this is so long. I told as much of my story as I cared to share. Like all of you somethings have to stay in the closet.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 AM

Smile oh my

Saratony2005,
I am left speechless, I am proud of you and I hope your life will be filled with new beginnings and that you never need to look back. I'm sure I can relate to some degree, but I'm not sure yet how. I haven't been addicted to any drugs, but I come from a family whom all have their battles with drugs of all kinds and drinking. I've been the care giver or the strong one who comes to bury them, I wish my love ones could come to where you are, I pray for your continued success in all the turns in your life. I'm glad you beat that demon!

My husband is in kyle SAFP, he will be out in four months.

Much love
Old 06-12-2007, 04:10 PM

If its one drug I haven't tried its Meth. I read and saw pics of before and after Meth users, it was a deterrent for me. I applaud those who have come out of it, it's hard, I know...to let go of something we like to do...
Old 07-12-2007, 06:01 PM

I was a meth user for 15 years. It took me 15 years to get one year of sobriety and it was HARD. I had to reach my bottom which in my case was homelessness and hustling and hoeing. I got myself into a sober house that I now manage. Went to meetings , got myself a sponcer , and took it one day at a time. Im still takin it one day at a time, but life is a blessing now and i have so much to be greatful for . Itll e ok stay strong and if you ever need to talk ...
Old 07-15-2007, 11:03 PM

I am very proud to say I have 12 years clean from meth. I just cann't look back. I stay focused on my future.I know I never want to live through that hell again.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Mama to the Turdhounds!

I have been clean 5 months today. My hubsand has been clean 5 months and 2 days. Since he got arrested. It took me a couple days afterwards to realize that if nothing changes, nothing changes. My hubsand (not misspelled, nickname) and I believe that this was a case of God doing for us what we could not do for ourselves. We both wanted to get clean, but not at the same time, and it was almost impossible for us to do it while we were together. But now we are both trudging the road of happy destiny, him on the inside and me on the outside. And we have agreed that if either of us pick up again, the other one will call the police on them. Believe it or not, that was HIS idea. I love him, but I cannot live with someone who is using ever again, If I use, I die. Bottom line. I love him, I am totally committed to our marriage, but not at the expense of my life. I go to meetings daily, and it's a fight, believe that. But I cannot forget the hell we were living or I will be doomed to repeat it. I choose life.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:00 AM

good girl! you came to your senses...i use to use but have been clean for4years now....you will feel normal but it does take time make a clean break from the people that use if possible...focus on jesus christ .. he will give you a changed life..... my husband is an addict...he's in jail now.. it took over his life.. it got to the point where he was not the same man.. im thankful they put him jail... i believe it saved his life...good luck to you
Old 07-18-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm the luckiest girl!!

Wow, I have been clean from meth for about nine years now. Honestly, I'm not around it and haven't been so it's not so hard anymore. I was addicted hardcore for about 2 years and relapsed for about another 5. After the first 2 years of heavy use, it was really hard to get clean. I did keep doing it every once in awhile, but when I moved away, I haven't touched it again, and never will. I HATE this drug, and have seen alot of lives ruined. Please stay clean, and life WILL get better, I promise.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Mama to the Turdhounds!

Thanks for the support... I have been clean for 3 years before, and 2.5 years before... the problem was that I forgot what it felt like.. and I had never lost everything before.. including my husband's freedom. One day at a time, I hope to stay clean the rest of my life.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Our time is coming!

Default staying clean

I've been clean for 4 years this month. It was quit or lose my kids,I chose my kids. Everyday is hard, the harder days are the ones that I really think about doing it again. Then I see my kids and realize that I just have to keep going for them. I"ve done it all by myself with no support until I met David. He's my new reason to help me stay clean.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Chadschica

I have been sober since my babe left ,it has been easy because he would not approve of me getting tweaked out, and days are long enough without having them run together ..ya know...Brovo for getting sober I am proud of you sister ..Just know that the insanity will always be there if you want it, but hang in there I know that it may seem like you get more done with "help"but speaking for myself I was quick to run in circles and maybe be a little productive ya know....That shit was and would be a major distraction to what is good in my life,my man <even though we are apart >his kids and family and work ya know...well I hate to drag ths out so type to ya later..
Old 12-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Soberity is The Answer!

Wow, what a topic... I was addcited to meth and crack for 5 long years, LOST everything, which includeds my ex husband, 2 story home with loft upstairs, 3 car garage with apartment on the side of it,13 acres of land, 3 cars, 1 repoed, 2 to drug dealers,Lost close to $20,000 just in cash from my parents putting in a trust fund since birth,ended up with bad health that i never knew i had until i got sober...And i lost my self respect for myself, well being, great attitude,looks, Geez i can go on and on....My life was total wreak, i kept the addiction from my family for along time untill the noticed i wouldnt do anything with the family anymore,alwways had excuses..
I let a drug dealer move into my house so i always had it for nothing..It got to the point that i wasnt even taking care of my ownself anymore, I NEVER want to live that kind of life again!

But on May 16 2005 i did something very bad that could of killed me and alot of others, I did a high speed chase(Which got me a Felony3 on my record)While i was on meth(and for the ones that been on it knows what it really does to someone when they been up smoking for days after days with no sleep)I had no clue what i was doing...Ofcourse i went to jail stayed in detox for 12 days Sick as a dog ...
I been sober ever since, Yes it was very hard to deal with But i had to become the stronger one on that situation and fight my addiction and I DID just that!!
As of now I know i become a BETTER person, and i believe i would of never found out my true self if i didnt do the bad things that i did to become the person that iam today!!

No matter what we will always be addicts,but deep down in are hearts we know we can beat this!!
So for all the ones that are still suffering out there take it one day at atime and get ALL the support you can and be stronger then that monkey on your back to fight that addiction!

Sorry to be typing away

Good LUCK all And CONGRATS On Your SOBERITY!!!

Anita~

Last edited by BuckaroosAngel; 12-04-2007 at 07:45 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Cowboy's Girl

hey babylove...i know what you're going through, i started using meth at the tender age of 15, had a stint in rehab at 17, and now at 27 have been clean for 4 years.it's a hard long road, months after i quit i could occasionally taste and smell it...and sad to say but after prolonged use, you are a different person...i don't think as clear as i did before i used, i was paranoid a lot but it does get better and the cravings will ease up...have faith and good luck
Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Love It or Leave It XXX

Yeah that shit is really bad, I have used back when I was 14. I got completly off it by 16. And it was hard, i just cut it off cold turkey and every thing everybody i new that was associated with it. It is the only way to do it! My husband was started using it when he joined the navy, I was pissed! Then he got thrown in prison (present situation) for 13 Bank Robberies. It can change you from A-Z. I have seen the ugly face it takes and you are smart to run before it can distroy you because I guarentee it will. I thought I was done with it back 10 years ago. Then someone i loved used and I got thrown back into the mess of it, even though I chose not to use this time. It is sad.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:59 AM

I have been using meth on and off (during my pregnancies - 3) for about 15 years. I am a working single mother of 3 and I still use weekly. I usually do it in the morning before work - at lunch then again at night. I am almost divorced, have lost two homes that we owned together and am trying to get out of a physically abusive relationship that I have been in for about a year. (he is doing time for domestice violence). I believe it is a choice and one that I am still making. For some reason I want to focus on using and not on fixing myself. It's obvious only bad can come from meth - I have seen and I know personally every kind of person from homeless to career person and meth will destroy everything eventually if you let it. I try to stay in check but my standards have definately changed over the last 15 years. I just am sick of living for everyone else and pleasing everyone else - fuck it. I don't really give a shit what anyone thinks anymore. I only stay in check for my kids right now. Of course I am a "Say No To Drugs" advocate where they are concerned. I get real tired of being a slave to the drug and I do think about quitting altogether. But will never say that until I am really ready.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Teddy's A&F!

Default Meth

Using Meth destroys the "Pleasure" center of the brain, This is why you are having a hard time finding happiness or joy in anything else. I PROMISE you will get past it as long as you stay away from the meth completely. It will take time and you will have to be patient. I haven't done meth in 15 years, but I still dream about it and sometimes wake up with the smell and the taste all around me..... usually makes me throw up. I don't miss it! But it may always haunt me!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:41 PM
You & I, Till the end!!!
Donation Award 

after seeing the effect drugs have had on my life from my fiance, i would never try it.. he was addicted to crack but regardless, i'm scared to. i don't want to hurt my family

Old 01-29-2008, 03:42 PM
You & I, Till the end!!!
Donation Award 

after seeing the effect drugs have had on my life from my fiance, i would never try it.. he was addicted to crack but regardless, i'm scared to. i don't want to hurt my family

Old 01-29-2008, 03:42 PM
You & I, Till the end!!!
Donation Award 

Old 01-29-2008, 03:54 PM
here we go again :(
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,334 Times in 611 Posts

ummmm no...never tried it, never will
Old 01-29-2008, 06:57 PM

Never!!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:52 AM

I had tried it (years ago)...& wasn't "impressed" with the effects. Thank God I never used it again...I have an addictive personality to some extent...& probably would've allowed it to consume & distroy my life. I have friends (a couple) that are facing 30 yrs. for conspiracy & intent to distribute meth (Fed. charges). Their whole lives (& their childrens) have beened ruined....turned upside down over this drug. It's just not worth it.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:42 PM

I myself have never used meth but my man has and I noticed the change in his mood and appetite so I accused him of cheating(especially when he didn't eat!!) he finally confesed to me when he went to jail that he was not cheating he was using drugs. I still feel betrayed because he wasn't there for me at my time of need (I was pregnant) and I also felt betrayed because he didn't tell me so I could get him help and he would be here with me right now. about a year and a half later I still cant find myself to forgive him and move past it can anyone help me?