Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:56 AM

Default BOP Release: Is pre-release quarantine now a mandatory 21 days?

Anyone have a LO release from FBOP recently and have any insight they can offer? My fiance had an original out date of 10/2, told me to be there 10/1 at 2:00 pm to pick him up. He got put in quarantine last Wed, which we were anticipating before release, and I got a letter from him today saying now they're telling him quarantine is a mandatory 21 days?! This is the first we've ever heard of this. We don't even do 21 day isolation out in the real world! I've called and left a msg for his counselor twice w/ no return call (had to let it ring for 2 hrs before someone even answered the phone at the facility!), I've called the halfway house and all they can tell me he's scheduled to come but no definitive date. I've never been more frustrated in my life. I'm driving 9 hrs, taken time off work, etc. - why is this such a big secret? The hurdles they make you jump through is ridiculous.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmariposa417 View Post
Anyone have a LO release from FBOP recently and have any insight they can offer? My fiance had an original out date of 10/2, told me to be there 10/1 at 2:00 pm to pick him up. He got put in quarantine last Wed, which we were anticipating before release, and I got a letter from him today saying now they're telling him quarantine is a mandatory 21 days?! This is the first we've ever heard of this. We don't even do 21 day isolation out in the real world! I've called and left a msg for his counselor twice w/ no return call (had to let it ring for 2 hrs before someone even answered the phone at the facility!), I've called the halfway house and all they can tell me he's scheduled to come but no definitive date. I've never been more frustrated in my life. I'm driving 9 hrs, taken time off work, etc. - why is this such a big secret? The hurdles they make you jump through is ridiculous.
Is he going to be on parole when he comes home if so maybe you can contact the parole Dept to see if you can get a date if no body else knows they will defenitly no they are the ones that get a date for him
Old 09-28-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Is he going to be on parole when he comes home if so maybe you can contact the parole Dept to see if you can get a date if no body else knows they will defenitly no they are the ones that get a date for him
Probation, so that's a good idea, thank you. I'm going to try to get a hold of his attorney and see if he can find something out/knows anything too. I don't know what else to do, so tired of all the constant red tape, you know?
Old 09-28-2020, 12:20 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,218 Times in 537 Posts

Sounds like he had some exposure and they are keeping him in quarantine. Wait until he tells you it’s time to pick him up and try and breathe.
Covid has changed the way everything is done.
Doubtful the counselor can tell you anything more than he can. If the date is up in the air for the halfway house, then more than likely they are keeping an eye on him, and restricting exposure to others.
It sounds terribly frustrating, and my heart goes out to you.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,114 Times in 13,827 Posts

Release to a half way house is not the same as release to supervised release (federal probation) at the end of his prison sentence, he is "still a bop prisoner" at the HWH. Because of that, they can send him to the HWH whenever they want, including "never".

I don't know if it will help, but there is an email address for a bop administrator published on every bop prison's web page that might get you a response to your question, "when should I come to pick him up to drive him to the HWH ?"
https://www.bop.gov/locations/search.jsp

By the way, picking him up at the prison has to be approved, in advance and in writing, by his unit team case manager. Unless that has happened, you won't be allowed to drive him to the HWH.

Covid quarantine by the bop is anyone's guess, and it is probably being treated as a secret by the bop too. I've read about quarantine periods as short as 7 days, even after a positive test, in other places, but the bop will do anything they decide to do, so 21 days is certainly a possibility.

The local US probation Office, and possibly the local US Marshal's office may know when he is traveling to the HWH, so you can try calling both of them. If you don't get a legitimate answer from somebody, you might drive all that way only to be told to go back home. Unfortunately, too many bop employees enjoy being jerks to prisoners, and especially to their families.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 09-28-2020 at 01:14 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
AyaStar (09-30-2020), Ms Sunny (09-28-2020), YOGA62 (10-02-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmariposa417 View Post
Probation, so that's a good idea, thank you. I'm going to try to get a hold of his attorney and see if he can find something out/knows anything too. I don't know what else to do, so tired of all the constant red tape, you know?
Yeah i feel ya you want your man home lol hopefully you will find something out soon they should defenitly no something good luck