Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:18 AM

Default House Arrest Question

I am on Pre-Trial Release in South Florida, I am allowed to go to work, I am scheduled for my shopping tomorrow from 2pm-6pm, I was curious if during that time if I can go have lunch with my dad at a sit down restaurant or is that a bad idea? I've driven around a lot during my shopping hours in the past and nothing has come up, is my shopping my "personal" time to do whatever?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2015, 11:42 AM

Thanked 5,989 Times in 3,114 Posts

I'm guessing that you could go to eat. But when your on house arrest its a good idea to stick with your schedule. I'm sure if you called your case manager and asked this they would say you could. My X was on house arrest and we lived next to a bar and a store, he went there all the time and it never set off the monitor he was still in range of the monitor.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:43 AM

Yea I figured this was my personal time out, i've driven to a best buy accross the entire county once to pick something up for my gaming computer and they never even called or questioned it, I figure as long as I am back home by 6pm no one cares
Old 03-07-2015, 11:49 AM

That's usually how it goes. My X had like all day Saturday for synagogue, 4 hours a day for exercise, he could work, he also got 3 hours at night for aa meetings. He really only had a problem when he cut the bracelet off!!! He milked the system for everything he could get away with and still screwed up.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:55 AM

Yea my plan is to have lunch with my dad then head to walmart and publix and such.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:00 PM

Enjoy!!!
Old 03-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,517 Times in 12,966 Posts

Ask your keeper.

When I was on federal pretrial release in S Florida, mine wouldn't allow me to even go to a fast food drive through during my "passes". Straight there, straight home.

I always wondered what would happen if either my doctor, or lawyer fed me lunch. Unbelievable, for no other reason than "I have the power to do it", but unfortunately true, at least in my case.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:50 PM

Mine told me she likes me and im an easy client after my last court date, im pretty sure she's not out to get me for having lunch while i'm out running my errands.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,539 Times in 1,033 Posts

When my son was new to house arrest and had shopping time, he had to tell them what stores he was going to before leaving, then bring them receipts from those stores during report dates to show that is where he had been. As he gained their confidence, they got more easygoing about it and told him any time he needed to run to the store, to just call and leave a message on their voice mail that he was running to the store.. not name the store, but keep receipts just in case they came by for a home check and he was gone. I think it depends on the individual po. They also told him he could go out to eat as long as he was with me not his friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to southernsarah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-11-2015)
Old 09-10-2019, 05:24 PM

My befriends PO won't allow him to do shit and he was suppose to be taken off house arrest 2 months ago upon being released he was set up for 90 days house arrest. Has had a job the whole time he's been out. His PO comes to the house every 2 weeks and during that 2 weeks he has to go to his office to report to him. His PO is always making treats of locking him back up for nothing other than to just be a dick I think. If I knew who to report him to I'd report him and his pos supervisor they both on some type of power trip with all their parolees. They treat the guys like straight up shit talk to them like they are not human at all. One these days they gonna come across the wrong person and that person is gonna put a stop to their bull shit right then and there and trust me they would deserve it to everybit of it. My bf PO is refusing him to go see his eye Dr even though he got a letter from him stating if he prolongs this treatment he will go blind. His PO seen the letter and told him he can't allow him the time to go in to the eye Dr when just earlier that same week he told him if it's a Dr appt he don't need to get it okeyed just go. So I told my bf bull crap let his ass know you have an appt and what time and where so when he done that he told him NO cant allow you to go to it now. It's straight up a mind game they play cuz they in control they think. I'm calling a friend tomorrow at the A G office to see if she can lead me to who I need to report his PO to. He needs a foot in his ass big time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tgm1969 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 08:40 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,135 Times in 15,545 Posts

yeah, my hub had a few doozies too.
By all means dont go to the dr without approval!!!! DO NOT>
I'd try again, ask his dr to write a letter saying that its urgent he see the dr and have whatever treatment is necessary, and the outcome if he does not get the treatment.

Make copies and give him one (the PO and cc the PO's supervisor, and on up the chain)
If he refused him to go, then its stupid of him, them. Then I'd probably risk it, rather than lose his sight.
Otherwise.......I wonder if he could sue the agency? For a permanent disability? hummm

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 02:20 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,517 Times in 12,966 Posts

Whenever your keeper tells you not to do something you have to make a choice. Never discount the possibility that the PO is setting you up, hoping you will disobey their instructions so you can be violated and returned to prison. They definitely have the power to do just that.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:44 PM

Thanked 1,827 Times in 732 Posts

So is he on parole or probation to serve upon release? I would contact the state's Dept of Corrections office for supervision. I did find contact info for the Ombudsman's office. I would start there. https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/divisions...ombudsman.html
Tell them politely that there seems to be some confusion about his ability to go to a doctor's appointment. Mention he has the doctor's letter & that he hasn't been able to get approval from his PO to go. THAT BEING SAID... by going over their head to another agency it can very well upset his PO & they don't take kindly to that. Does he have 30 days or less til he's off house arrest & supervision? If so, can he wait to see the doctor til then?
It isn't easy when you know it isn't right but in this case they have the power to make things a lot harder. I have seen it happen to my son when he asked to get his property returned after he was released. He was then on their radar for making noise about an issue they didn't want to deal with.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-12-2019)