Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 05-04-2009, 04:08 AM
he is home now....
Donation Award 

Default Do you tell him when people talk crap about your relationship?

ok we ALL know this is a difficult path that not everyone can handle choosing this road and people are gonna talk crap about your relationship...mainly your freinds and family...so

do you tell him the negative stuff people say?

Lovin him since 12/15/2007
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Marty's Wife

Thanked 9,536 Times in 3,740 Posts

no, I try not to say anything about what friends tell me. but sometimes we'll discuss what is said publicly by people in the media if we see a story written about a woman who is married to an inmate.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts

yes, i have before but nothing positive ever came out of it so i rarely do anymore.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Donation Award 

I'm like Beth. I used to, but he would just get frustrated with me for letting other people get into my head and not just worrying about myself and what I believe. So, now I just keep that sort stuff to myself or save it for PTO.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:08 AM

Neither one of us likes getting caught up in drama. If it comes up, we usually just laugh
Old 05-04-2009, 06:22 AM
Earthling
Donation Award 

My baby has enough to worry about. I don't tell him because what ever ugliness is said means nothing and is not important to our relationship.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:44 AM
One more day down ...

we do talk about it, amazingly enough ... he is like a breathe of fresh air, when this guy from church gave me a negative vibe,he gets so encouraged when I tell him I fight for him, me, well basically for us ... I do however try and keep it to a minimum...
Old 05-04-2009, 07:30 AM

Me telling him stuff has caused the one and only disagreement we've had so I don't bother anymore. I will tell him if it bothers me, but generally I've stopped caring about the negative things people say.

Plus, for the most part I'm not too forthcoming with information about my relationship. The only people I've been like that with have been the ones to say negative stuff!!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 AM

Yup I tell him because if I don't I am a mess so when I tell him he says the littlest things to help me calm down and it helps without him knowing I would be insane already

The Following User Says Thank You to samanthaessmyer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2009, 08:47 AM

I told him ONCE about the time my mom and my close close friend (who is LIKE a mom to me) reacted and it was more so (cuz we were having a tough time) i wanted him to see how hard it was for me out here and that i was gonna be here no matter what people had to say, do i constantly remind him? No, because i dont want him to feel like a bigger loser than he already feels like. that wouldnt be fair, im trying to bring UP his spirits not lower them but the negativity that my friends and family put on me!

Every minutes like an hour, Every hours like a day Every day lasts forever But what else am i gonna do, Id wait forever and a day for you. ♥

Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 AM

I dont volunteer to tell him he usually ask what my family think or my friends. He already know my famil doesnt approve but is convinced they would love him as a person if they go to know him. But he's thought me that any little bit of support is great. He's spokin to one of my brothers and a few of my friends and its gonna well both time. Now i try to change the subject when he ask becuz i hate how low and dissappointed his voice gets. But I love him, I approve of him, and i'm holdinh him down....everyone else can kick rocks with all that negative ish.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 15,300 Times in 3,764 Posts

Nah - He has enough to deal with on a day-to-day without worrying that people don't endorse his relationship. I have mentioned a couple little things in the past and it seemed to depress him because he understands but obviously is powerless to change their minds right now - Once I saw it hurt him I decided I would just deal with that on my own.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:42 AM

Im fortunate to have very supporting friends. My closest friends all try to stay positive and honestly, the others, who are negative, i just dont listen to them. My mother is ok, she thinks im naive and hasnt realized that I really love Damon. But she will..my father on the other hand..that is a different story, i dont talk to him about this. he wouldnt understand. im just going to wait until my baby gets out and we'll deal with it then..
Old 05-04-2009, 05:13 PM

No, I sure don't tell him that stuff, I'm a big girl and can cope with the side ways looks. Like tee said, no point in upsetting my man when at the moment there is nothing he can do about it.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:28 PM

at times i let him know what is said, only if it bothers me. It is usually negative and it comes from his family. They spread rumors and try to say i go out and party with other men. Now i just let him know exactly what i do before anything is said.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Lifer Found Suitable

he knew there was no way around negativity, nothing surprises him - I tell him everything, he wants nothing less than all my thoughts and emotions - we work threw them all together.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:14 PM
he is home now....
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santino's_Peach View Post
he knew there was no way around negativity, nothing surprises him - I tell him everything, he wants nothing less than all my thoughts and emotions - we work threw them all together.
yeah see that is the way we are and i tell you it has made even more determined to prove everyone wrong and to prove the man he has told me he is although he does not to i love anyways.....

The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyrayzaimee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrayzaimee View Post
ok we ALL know this is a difficult path that not everyone can handle choosing this road and people are gonna talk crap about your relationship...mainly your freinds and family...so

do you tell him the negative stuff people say?
A mutual "friend" talked some smack about me and him but mostly about me. The jerk said some real $hitty things. I told my guy. It didn't turn out well. My guy wrote him a nasty letter. Then the jerk sent one in return basically saying the same nasty things about ME. Well, my guy hates the person now and I feel bad bc they were childhood friends. I should have kept my mouth shut. The jerk wouldn't have come around much when my guy was released anyway. Telling my guy only caused a lot of hurt.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:05 PM
grá mo chroí

Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,527 Posts

I don't tell him unless it really pisses me off. For the most part what others say or think is not important to me. If someone says something at the wrong time and it irritates the hell out of me, then I will vent to him, but that is pretty much it. He doesn't let it get to him either.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
te quiero siempre

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrayzaimee View Post
yeah see that is the way we are and i tell you it has made even more determined to prove everyone wrong and to prove the man he has told me he is although he does not to i love anyways.....
He knows when people have been dragging me down with their negativity... he senses it in my moods in letters or better yet, on the phone... usually at first he is like "Get Away from these people... who are they to talk about us this way?" but after a some rant time, we come around to where we try to understand where people are coming from, and stick to our guns...letting our love shine for them all... and what will happen, will happen...

I can live the rest of my life without negative people... I CANNOT live the rest of my life without him....
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings of eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 PM

yes i have..it has been my friends mostly..i wish i didnt at times but hey it is what it is... He does not want to meet,chill,break bread with any of my friends b/c they are doubting him and i can't blame him for not wanting to be bother.. One of my reason for telling him b/c he is my other half and i dont have no one on my side at this time or support but him... At the end of the day he is the person i will spend the rest of my life with...

Old 05-05-2009, 12:14 AM
I love him unconditionaly

not worth our time...hes in a F'd up situation as it is.... dont need anymore crap

besides....our time is happy time....not drama time lol

So, it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:27 AM
he is home now....
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted Wolf View Post
He knows when people have been dragging me down with their negativity... he senses it in my moods in letters or better yet, on the phone... usually at first he is like "Get Away from these people... who are they to talk about us this way?" but after a some rant time, we come around to where we try to understand where people are coming from, and stick to our guns...letting our love shine for them all... and what will happen, will happen...

I can live the rest of my life without negative people... I CANNOT live the rest of my life without him....
see this is why it brought up just like enchanted wolf says he can sense it in me and i DONT and WONT hide anything from him...he would rather me tell him than not...but he is my other half and he is included in every part of my life

The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyrayzaimee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,177 Posts

Naw, I don't tell him. I don't see anything positive coming from telling him, so I just ignore it for both our sakes.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:23 AM

Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,131 Posts

no you should'nt it tends to create unneccessary havoc,SOME people are most of the time critical of things they can't control so if i were you i would'nt give them what they want but what they need to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS AND KEEP THOSE NEGATIVE COMMENT TO THEMSELVES.