Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:30 AM

Default Off probation in a week, Need some comfort about a False Positive UA.

So basically im off probation in about a week. All my fees paid off, all my classes graduated. I go in for my final meeting and it turns out my most recent UA has come back positive for Benzos. I was kind of flabbergasted, as I haven't touched a Benzo in 6 months (and even then, it was a 1 time 1mg prescribed xanax for a plane ride) they were never my thing anyways. Anyways, my PO was cool about it and said shed have avertest (the place I go to get tested) send it off to gas mass spec for free, and that she didn't want me to admit to anything I didn't do. Anyways I have a feeling ill be okay, but it just really sucks I'm having to deal with this when im off on the 17th. Im supposed to call her on Wednesday and check in so theres that.

Really perplexed as to what the fuck happened as the only Psych med I take is Celexa, and as far as I know, that doesnt cause false positives for benzos.

It's really aggravating, as I didn't do shit, and for once, have been following the terms to probation

This is in Kansas city btw.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2017, 02:22 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,124 Posts

Breathe--- you sound like your PO is working with you. And your reaction to "not following the law as it is written" is now etched in your decision making progress.

Look at it from your PO's perspective. What is you HAD? Would your reaction have been as strong?

You're almost off paper.
Good job.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
Old 11-13-2017, 04:30 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,192 Times in 10,377 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I also had a false positive "cup" test for meth, which I never, ever took. I had to bring all of my RX bottles to the PO, he copied the labels, and then they submitted my sample to a real lab, which quickly cleared me.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:18 PM

Good advice from both fbop and jadah.

I'll just chime in that these tests are notoriously bad and inaccurate. They will detect drugs within a period of time (not a very long period of time either) but they also are triggered by a lot of other stuff. My opinion is that they continue using them BECAUSE they are so inaccurate. That allows them to send the sample off to get GC/MS tested which is very accurate and which can detect much smaller lower threshold amounts that would never been detected by a UA.

I had a false positive for methadone when taking nyquil. There's a list of hundreds of OTC drugs that can give a false positive on a UA test.

Don't worry about it, if you didn't do anything, the GC/MS will clear you.
The Following User Says Thank You to de8er For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-15-2017)