Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-20-2020, 11:08 PM

Default E-Messages to tablet

Ok, My friend got his tablet, he's at Eyman in Meadows. I have set up an account at both Jpay and Icsolutions. I was able to fund his "tablet" account through Jpay and he called and verified that he got it. Our question is this, how do I send him an e-message? He isn't sure if/how to buy stamps with the credit and thinks I may have to send him a message first but I can't figure out how to do it? Anyone know? I was so THRILLED to hear his voice today!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2020, 05:56 AM

Did you purchase stamps like buy them with a credit or debit card when you go on the jpay app you go under where it says stamps then you should see packages that you can buy for the stamps you put your credit or debit card info in then you will be able to email him if he doesn't have any stamps you can send him stamps it's called transfer i hope i explained it the best i could
Old 09-21-2020, 09:32 AM

I don't see on the JPay home page a place for me to purchase stamps. I don't know if I'm just missing it or if it is because they've only had tablets a week.
I was able to send him a tablet credit and he did get it.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlhalliburton View Post
I don't see on the JPay home page a place for me to purchase stamps. I don't know if I'm just missing it or if it is because they've only had tablets a week.
I was able to send him a tablet credit and he did get it.
If you are using the app on the phone you have to click the three squares in the top right corner of the app. Select stamps - Contact and then 'transfer' will appear if you want to send him stamps you bought.

If you use a laptop or desk top it should be right there on the homepage under email
Old 09-21-2020, 06:59 PM

I was able to send him a JPay Tablet credit that he can use to purchase stamps, music and the like but there isn't any place for me to e-message him. I can't even purchase stamps through either the website or app. I'm thinking that since it just started at Eyman they haven't updated either places.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:58 PM

If your getting the “product not available” error then probably. But if you simply can’t find where to do it then that might be another issue.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:06 PM

Has anybody had a loved one call from a tablet yet, if so how does it work
Old 09-23-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeysgurl2020 View Post

No, I set up a phone account for him to call me. He's at Eyman and they just got the tablets. As far as we know he can't do anything other than purchase OLD out of copyright songs, books or old movies. I gave him a credit for him to purchase "stamps" but so far I'm not able to e-message him, I wrote him to try to initiate it on his end.

Where is your guy? How long have they had tablets?
Old 09-23-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeysgurl2020 View Post
They cannot call from tablets.
Only thing available in regards to communication are emails and videograms-different than video visits.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:52 AM

Hes also at eyman. Hes been sending emails like crazy lol
Old 10-18-2020, 07:06 PM

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a stupid question. My husband is in Lewis-Rast Unit. He just received his tablet. So I went to put stamps on through JPay, no good. He told me go through Securus. So did that (through their app) and it was accepted. But when I go to email him, it comes up he is "blocked" and it is not available at this facility. Yet, the receipt came from JPay (go figure). Can anyone please help with this? Am I using the wrong provider or is there another issue? He has been watching movies and listening to music, so I know it has been set up for internet.

Many thanks in advance,
Shelby XX
Old 10-19-2020, 10:00 AM

It was confusing for me when it started.

You will use JPay to put credit on his tablet account or money on his commissary account. Now to e-message him you will do that through Securus. You will need to purchase stamps but that is where you can also send photos and videos. I've also used the phone app to transfer stamps to him. You can also attach a stamp when you send a message.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:52 AM

Lewis just moved over to Securus tech. It’s way worse than Jpay! You have to link your Jpay account to the Securus account. Make sure you use the same email address as your Jpay when setting up your Securus account though
Old 10-19-2020, 11:55 AM

My husbands said blocked for a few days but now it’s up and running. He’s on Buckley Unit though. He’s really struggling to get a WiFi signal on the new tablet though.
If you’re outside the USA and don’t have a US card, you can’t purchase stamps through the app. I didn’t think you could do it at all but some overseas have insisted they have bought stamps on the desktop site. I have a US card as well as a UK card though so I haven’t actually tried myself yet!
Old 10-21-2020, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsGarcia View Post
My husbands said blocked for a few days but now itís up and running. Heís on Buckley Unit though. Heís really struggling to get a WiFi signal on the new tablet though.
If youíre outside the USA and donít have a US card, you canít purchase stamps through the app. I didnít think you could do it at all but some overseas have insisted they have bought stamps on the desktop site. I have a US card as well as a UK card though so I havenít actually tried myself yet!
Thank you. I am not loving this at the moment. I got the stamps yesterday was able to transfer them to him today and we are now up an running. I was able to send him an email today and he wrote back pretty quickly. I did get excited about it. But then tonight, I wrote out an email and then went to send it and had to log in again, meanwhile it didnt save the draft. The JPay app has been great and i have been using that for years now. I have never had an issue with it, the Securus app isnt really impressing me so far. Maybe I have to get used to it. I don't think I have helped myself because my JPay account uses an old email address that I dont use anymore and I opened the Securus account with the new address. But I will get there.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlhalliburton View Post
It was confusing for me when it started.

You will use JPay to put credit on his tablet account or money on his commissary account. Now to e-message him you will do that through Securus. You will need to purchase stamps but that is where you can also send photos and videos. I've also used the phone app to transfer stamps to him. You can also attach a stamp when you send a message.
Thank you. That explanation makes it so much easier, I appreciate your help. I have both Jpay and Securus on my phone now. So will be using them. As I said in my other reply, I dont think that I have helped myself as with the JPay account, I use an old email address that I dont use anymore for anything other than JPay. Then I opened the new account with Securus with my new email address, not realising they are both the same.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:53 AM

Yeah, I lost a long email due to it logging me out. I know JPay has its problems, as I’ve been using it for years, but it’s definitely a huge amount better than this Securus app.
Also, my settings are set to give me notifications but I’ve not once received a single notification yet.
It just seems completely unnecessary and jus another way for Securus to try and make even more money out of us!
Old 10-22-2020, 12:30 AM

When using Jpay A UK debit card can be used for purchase. I have not dealt with Securus!