Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,281 Posts
Default Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison Chit Chat 2018

Happy New Year everyone!

Please feel free to use this thread to chat about everything and anything that doesn't necessarily require its own separate thread on this forum and isn't prison related; vents, rants, weather, PMS, you name it

I'll start by telling y'all that I have the worst sugar hangover right now....cause I had such an exciting NYE stuffing my face with mud cake and whipped cream last night. Now of course it is a "new life" and a new healthy diet..cough...

Woohoo, 2018

Last edited by Sarianna; 01-01-2018 at 12:31 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
xxxstarah (01-25-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2018, 11:20 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,295 Times in 1,444 Posts

Hey everyone, I want to brag a little about my boyfriend today
He just won an award and was even in the (local) paper... yeah... with picture.
He won the...

Toastmasters International awarded five inmates at Sampson Correctional Institute as having completed a speech course of 10 motivational speeches to the clubs membership. Toastmasters is a worldwide organization dedicated to helping members develop communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth. There are currently 16,400 clubs and 352,000 members of the organization.

Yeah yeah yeah..
Chaddersgirl (01-24-2018), chosenmemories (01-16-2018), judiwoo (02-10-2018), LookingforLight (04-17-2018), maytayah (01-17-2018), MissStar (01-16-2018), Sarianna (01-17-2018), xolady (01-16-2018), xxxstarah (01-19-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 12:29 PM
Beach Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Hey everyone, I want to brag a little about my boyfriend today
He just won an award and was even in the (local) paper... yeah... with picture.
He won the...

Toastmasters International awarded five inmates at Sampson Correctional Institute as having completed a speech course of 10 motivational speeches to the clubs membership. Toastmasters is a worldwide organization dedicated to helping members develop communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth. There are currently 16,400 clubs and 352,000 members of the organization.

Yeah yeah yeah..

Woo Hoo!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to MissStar For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (01-16-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 10:40 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

That's pretty cool --- deserves a toast
Well done, Jeff
Old 01-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Donation Award 

he told me he actually got TWO of those for two different speeches... that nerd..
MissStar (01-19-2018), Sarianna (01-17-2018), xolady (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 05:13 PM

Thanked 5,499 Times in 2,885 Posts

Better two of those then two shots!!!LOL I think it's great!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (01-17-2018), Sarianna (01-18-2018)
Old 01-24-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
he told me he actually got TWO of those for two different speeches... that nerd..
So awesome to hear when they are being productive. This is awesome, be proud and brag away!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaddersgirl For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (01-25-2018), Sarianna (01-25-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 08:04 PM

Stressed out so much that I ate 100 Hershey's chocolate nuggets. smh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preciousjewel For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (02-10-2018), Sarianna (02-10-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 08:49 PM

Hi everyone, Im new to this site so Im not really sure if Im posting in the right place.
The Following User Says Thank You to waitinformyking For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 04:58 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinformyking View Post
Hi everyone, Im new to this site so Im not really sure if Im posting in the right place.
Hello and welcome to Prison Talk! Thank you for joining us and yes, quite fine to post where you posted

You found our Husbands and Boyfriends in Prison forum, and when you scroll down on your screen you can see different threads in this forum -- you are free to comment on any of these threads with your own replies & comments, and you can also start your own thread (see the black button on the upper left corner of the forum saying "new heard") if you have something in mind that you want to share or ask.

On the FORUM PAGE you can see all our forums...and on that same page, in the very top of the page you can see different options -- one of them says "new posts" -- if you click to that, you will see all posts that have been posted since you last logged in.

Please do not hesitate to ask help if you feel you have questions! Welcome again!
Old 02-10-2018, 05:24 AM

Thank you so much I am so glad that I came across this site. Its reassuring to actually hear that others are feeling exactly like I am. I miss him so much sometimes it feels like I cant breathe. People look at where he is and see a criminal but thats not who he is. He made a mistake, he is human. Some people are just so quick to judge from thier high horse
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waitinformyking For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-10-2018), xolady (02-11-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 09:53 AM

I went to a party last night for a co-worker who is retiring and had too much to drink. When I got my nightly routine call from him I drunk cried because he told me it would be at least two years before we could get married. I have never brought up marriage before, he brought it up so it was totally unexpected.... anyway for some reason this made me cry which then made him sad. Our 20 minutes was then up and I know there was a line for the phone but he immediately called back, which means he probably now owes someone a favor. Today I’m feeling like a childish selfish dumbass! Ugh!
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaddersgirl For This Useful Post:
xolady (02-11-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 10:21 AM

i feel like that anytime i say something that i think is going to be on his mind after the call. One night he called me 3 times back to back because i was having one of those nights where everything was bothering me and i just wanted him to be able to hug me and tell me everything was ok, then the entire next day i felt so bad!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waitinformyking For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (02-10-2018), Sarianna (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 10:26 AM

How does everyone feel about their loved ones family? He pre pays for his calls because thats the only way i can get his calls on my cell phone. I get along really well with his family and talk to his parents and siblings daily, i know his mom really wants to hear from him but he uses his phone time to call me. And as much as i love talking to him i kind of feel bad that his mom doesn't get to talk to him much. He used his admissions calls to call me and at one point he didnt get a call to her for about 2 months because every chance he got to use the phone it was to call me.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddersgirl View Post
I went to a party last night for a co-worker who is retiring and had too much to drink. When I got my nightly routine call from him I drunk cried because he told me it would be at least two years before we could get married. I have never brought up marriage before, he brought it up so it was totally unexpected.... anyway for some reason this made me cry which then made him sad. Our 20 minutes was then up and I know there was a line for the phone but he immediately called back, which means he probably now owes someone a favor. Today Iím feeling like a childish selfish dumbass! Ugh!
LOL I did that plenty of times!!! My husband called me back like 5 times one time because I was so overwhelmed with crap and kept crying!!! Then the next day called to ask how much I drank the day before!!! I can't really drink booze and he could tell I was pretty wasted!!! Then told me I owed him because he owed favors to like 1/2 the guys for letting him cut the line for the phone!!!LOL He was just joking as he could be on the phone as much as he wanted. Your not childish or selfish or a dumbass!!! You just miss and love him and you need cry once in a while glad he understands!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (02-11-2018), MizzyMuffling (02-12-2018), Sarianna (02-12-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
How does everyone feel about their loved ones family? He pre pays for his calls because thats the only way i can get his calls on my cell phone. I get along really well with his family and talk to his parents and siblings daily, i know his mom really wants to hear from him but he uses his phone time to call me. And as much as i love talking to him i kind of feel bad that his mom doesn't get to talk to him much. He used his admissions calls to call me and at one point he didnt get a call to her for about 2 months because every chance he got to use the phone it was to call me.
I loved my husbands family and while I loved my phone calls I put his son, sister, and mother on my phone account so he could call them and they wouldn't be charged. It was actually for my benefit as well I didn't have to relay messages back and forth!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-12-2018), waitinformyking (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 10:13 AM

Lol my guys family is the best, im actually closer to then than my own family. It makes it easier to deal with him being gone, i can only imagine that it would be harder if the relationship with his family wasnt this good.
The Following User Says Thank You to waitinformyking For This Useful Post:
xolady (04-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
LOL I did that plenty of times!!! My husband called me back like 5 times one time because I was so overwhelmed with crap and kept crying!!! Then the next day called to ask how much I drank the day before!!! I can't really drink booze and he could tell I was pretty wasted!!! Then told me I owed him because he owed favors to like 1/2 the guys for letting him cut the line for the phone!!!LOL He was just joking as he could be on the phone as much as he wanted. Your not childish or selfish or a dumbass!!! You just miss and love him and you need cry once in a while glad he understands!!!
Thanks Xolady! He is so good at reading me when Iím sober and I try to be strong and keep some things at bay because I know heís the type that wants to fix things for me when itís bad. I know he feels helpless when he canít do anything but listen so I hate burdening him. Heís so kind and understanding. The next day when he called I apologized and he said hey I know sometimes you just want to hide in these arms and I want that to, soon enough. And then he teased me about him having cut in line. Lol! Itís hard when we donít have access to our best friends.... thanks for sharing and making me feel better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaddersgirl For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (02-12-2018), xolady (04-11-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStar View Post
Woo Hoo!!!!!
That is awesome. I know that must make you both proud. Good work.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Donation Award 

22 more days and I'm on the flipping aeroplane to go see my crazy, nerdy boyfriend... wooohoooo....
Chaddersgirl (04-05-2018), LookingforLight (04-17-2018), maytayah (04-05-2018), miamac (04-05-2018), Sarianna (04-05-2018), xolady (04-11-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
22 more days and I'm on the flipping aeroplane to go see my crazy, nerdy boyfriend... wooohoooo....
Me too!!! April 24, I''ll be on the plane! It's been 6 months since our last visit
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to filmgirl123 For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (04-05-2018), Sarianna (04-05-2018), xolady (04-11-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 06:54 PM
MarF

Quote:
I feel this exact same way! My bf was in county for 9 months and the last 7 we talked every day and his mother rarely heard from him but he put us both for weekly visitation always so at least she had that! He always called me first and sometimes only me. I tried not to feel bad about it. Now I'm just waiting to hear from him and I know he'll call me first. But that's because my number is the only one he knows by heart! Haha oh well...it may be his mother but I'm his significant other.... it's a different kind of love and it's what keeps them going in there I think....
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrangel89 For This Useful Post:
xolady (04-11-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 01:26 PM
His Since 2006

Hi everyone I just found the husbands and boyfriend chat I normally float Wright the California forums lol. Anyone doing anything other than laundry, homework or cleaning on this Sunday lol

Old 04-15-2018, 01:31 PM
MarF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveChumpChump View Post
Hi everyone I just found the husbands and boyfriend chat I normally float Wright the California forums lol. Anyone doing anything other than laundry, homework or cleaning on this Sunday lol
I drove down to Florida to meet my new baby nephew. Brought my daughter and one of my other sisters along. It's nice to be occupied doing something different. It hasn't even been a week since my LO was transferred from county. The days are dragging. But grateful to be alive and soaking up the sun. Trying not to feel guilty either.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:34 PM
His Since 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrangel89 View Post
I drove down to Florida to meet my new baby nephew. Brought my daughter and one of my other sisters along. It's nice to be occupied doing something different. It hasn't even been a week since my LO was transferred from county. The days are dragging. But grateful to be alive and soaking up the sun. Trying not to feel guilty either.

Florida is beautiful. I have been there a few times . Mine just got transferred to a new prison 5 hours away when he was 1.5 hours away so I am just trying to stay busy and talk to people in my boat who understand what I am going through until I can see him again.