Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the North Carolina Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Death Row friend NC not responding not responding to my letters?

Hi everyone, I have been clicking around NC Threads to find out if there is any information on the writing to NC DR inmates. I am currently writing to one DR inmate in NC and he is not responding and none of my letters are being returned to me. I know some DR prison do not allow DR inmates to have any access to work for pay and inmates cannot gain any $$ for buying stamps, paper, pen's etc. I just keep writing and hope he is getting the letters okay. I tell him that in my letter, too, so he knows I am going to keep writing to him. From Keeley_Quinn
Old 05-04-2007, 04:54 AM
It's Only Time

Hi Kee - Well if he doesn't have money for stamps, perhaps you could send him a few bucks so he will have money for stamps, and see if he responds.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:10 AM
getting close!

If he doesn't have money, getting the proper implements can be difficult. I know my man has money and he still has a hard time getting these things. They run out of paper, or don't carry tablets of paper, and with stamps getting ready to go up, he's now having a hard time getting those. Keep being persistent and I'm sure you'll hear something soon!
Old 05-05-2007, 09:33 PM

I dont know about death row..however if he is indigent he gets 10 or 12
stamps per month. also paper and pencils are given to inmates, upon request. The only time they cant have pencils is if they are on suicide watch, in which case they have no property, and a pink non tearable
blanket.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:43 PM
It's Only Time

Wolf are you referring to NC? Or your state?

Old 05-07-2007, 05:51 PM

In NC indigent inmates do get a certain number of stamps and envelopes each month along with minimal toiletry items.

Candy
Old 06-16-2007, 08:19 AM

Cool Thx ppl..very helpful..

I want to thank everyone who replied, and now I am thinking he is not replying on purpose. I put another thread on this same subject just now..because I forgot I had put this one here months ago. I have not been here for awhile. How do I check what my last threads/posts were so I don't repeat again? Thx again all. ~ Keeley_quinn f/50/Canadian ~