Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 04-16-2018, 10:36 AM

Default Intro -- Employer from Minnesota

I am quite active in the various prisons here in Minnesota as we are always seeking to hire those with a strong work ethic and personal drive. I assist with questions on best interview practices, creating a solid resume, working through the felony question and giving advice on how to keep the job once hired.

I came across this site by accident; however, since I am in and out of the prisons, I thought I may be of some value on this site, if someone should have a question and would like the thoughts and opinions from an employer who hires those with felony backgrounds, ask away!

I am not seeking to hire directly from this site; however, I am open to discussing the potential via Private Message. I hire for constructions positions in the Upper Midwest, these are year-round positions.

I have read through many posts to see if this is where I'd like to spend some time and so far this site has impressed me.

I am also in the middle of writing a book which gives clear and concise advice on how to find and keep work after prison, I am on this site to get questions, hear about various roadblocks and scenarios which are actually experienced. I am one who believes in straight talk and while I am here to help, I am not specifically here to hire from this site.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Employer For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-16-2018), mommatrip (04-16-2018), Nickel Timer (04-16-2018), safran (04-16-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2018, 02:54 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,527 Times in 11,941 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Finding decent employment after prison is a major problem for many former inmates, so thank you for helping.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:11 PM

Thanked 2,728 Times in 1,286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Employer View Post
I am quite active in the various prisons here in Minnesota as we are always seeking to hire those with a strong work ethic and personal drive. I assist with questions on best interview practices, creating a solid resume, working through the felony question and giving advice on how to keep the job once hired.

I came across this site by accident; however, since I am in and out of the prisons, I thought I may be of some value on this site, if someone should have a question and would like the thoughts and opinions from an employer who hires those with felony backgrounds, ask away!

I am not seeking to hire directly from this site; however, I am open to discussing the potential via Private Message. I hire for constructions positions in the Upper Midwest, these are year-round positions.

I have read through many posts to see if this is where I'd like to spend some time and so far this site has impressed me.

I am also in the middle of writing a book which gives clear and concise advice on how to find and keep work after prison, I am on this site to get questions, hear about various roadblocks and scenarios which are actually experienced. I am one who believes in straight talk and while I am here to help, I am not specifically here to hire from this site.
Thank you for your insight. I took notes of a few of your posts already to send to my loved one. Knock on wood the construction is a little more forgiving than most. I hope his future interviewers have as open of a mind as you do. Thank you again.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Donation Award 

Wow & welcome! You have given a worried mom a little breath of fresh air & hope for the future of not only MY son, but for the loved ones of many who share a HUGE concern over our loved ones ability to be successful after incarceration.
I have 1 son who did a few years in Oregon & he had a very frustrating & difficult time getting a job. He did pretty well when he found someone who would actually listen to his story & hear with an open heart/mind, though. He has been free for 11 years this coming August & is a happy, healthy, functioning adult. He went in at 19, out at 23. Now... his brother in in Sandstone FCI for the next 8 years or so. *sigh*
Old 04-16-2018, 03:59 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,247 Times in 15,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Employer View Post
Hello & welcome to PTO I've been reading your posts and am glad to see someone with experience hiring felons post sensible & doable "tips" for becoming an employed felon Thank You

The "I'm writing a book" statement & signature creates the need for PTO's standard Media / Researcher Disclaimer:

Media Policy Representation of PTO
We are proud of our community and welcome members of the Media or Researchers to enter into dialogue with us about our aims, objectives and site structure.
As this is a prisoner-oriented site, any media stories evolving from PTO communication should be that of a positive nature towards the families of those incarcerated.
PTO is not a dating site nor is it in any way a campaigning or political community. We are not affiliated to any religious organisation and operate an open door, equal-opportunity environment.
Any representation that suggests otherwise is not acceptable and we ask that you do not use our name in any such article or presentation.

Disclaimer for Members (Media Representatives)
PTO does not endorse any media outlet, journalist, member of the media or media story/report, or any researchers or involved research institution.
PTO does not screen or authenticate any person(s) claiming to be from the media or from a research institution, nor does PTO authenticate their motivations for obtaining the information.
Members contact media representatives at their own risk and under their own cognisance.

Media/Journalist/Researchers – Requirements for PTO Membership/Acceptable Conduct
PTO welcomes journalists and/or members of the media to learn and educate themselves about prisons, prisoners, and their loved ones, as well as students and researchers doing research on these subjects.
We do, occasionally, allow media/researchers to request information and personal stories from our members.
Any information obtained from this site must be credited to Prisontalk.com and its members.
Members of the media must obtain permission from PTO Administration before posting requests for information and/or contact details.
Media/Researchers who send unsolicited messages or post requests for information without express permission may be removed from this community.

patchouli, PTO Admin