Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison, located in Los Angeles County, California.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:29 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,855 Times in 6,804 Posts
Default LAC Visitation and Dress Code

Questions regarding visitation, applying to visit, visitation procedures and dress code belong here.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2016, 01:07 PM

Question Visiting Lancaster for the first time

I'm not sure if this is where to post this... My hubby just got transferred to Lancaster CA, I must admit I am so nervous not knowing what to expect. I heard it gets so over crowded your visits can only last about 2 hours is this correct? Also how much money can one take and do we need to take birth certificates for the kids?

Please advise.

Thank you!
Old 04-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts
Post A Yard

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how visits are in "A" yard?

Do they terminate early due to overcrowding?. This yard was known as the Honor Yard, now known as the Progressive Programming Facility.

My husband maybe heading this way.

ANY.....information would be very much appreciated regarding A visiting.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:42 PM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,085 Times in 14,193 Posts

Hi angelic714 I moved your post to the LAC visit thread. Hopefully someone can answer your question.
I'd check the visit pdf
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/docs...Guidelines.pdf
They give a general overview of visiting.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 04-20-2016, 03:11 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Post A Yard

I'm looking for information regarding "A" yard visiting.

Are visits terminated due to overcrowding on the PPF yard?. I know that A yard is the only yard with patio visits.

Any information great or small is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:14 PM

Does any one know what extension R&R is .. My son has been at Lancaster for over a month and still have received his property .. Thank you
Old 07-03-2016, 03:01 PM

Default Will there be visits at LAC on July 4?

Hello, is there visiting on the 4th of July at LAC
Old 07-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDavis View Post
Hello, is there visiting on the 4th of July at LAC

YES.

CDCr had four visiting holidays.

New Years Day
4th of July (Independence Day)
Thanksgiving
Christmas Day.

I hope this helps.
sidewalker (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 12:31 PM

Hi,
My Fiancée was finally transferred to LAC, I cant seem to get any recent info on visiting and have blown the telephone lines up this morning just to find myself in voicemail hell. I have 3 basic questions.
1. Are there walk up visits?
2. Since I have already been approved is there a time limit on how long he has to be there before I visit?
3. When do new appointment slots become available?
Thanks to anyone that can help with any of these questions.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deenslove View Post
Hi,
My Fiancée was finally transferred to LAC, I cant seem to get any recent info on visiting and have blown the telephone lines up this morning just to find myself in voicemail hell. I have 3 basic questions.
1. Are there walk up visits?
2. Since I have already been approved is there a time limit on how long he has to be there before I visit?
3. When do new appointment slots become available?
Thanks to anyone that can help with any of these questions.
I guess I will just drive out to the prison and ask them at the gate if no one can answer this then...
Old 07-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
I guess I will just drive out to the prison and ask them at the gate if no one can answer this then...

Chica, call the facility.

(661) 729-2000

Good luck.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
Chica, call the facility.

(661) 729-2000

Good luck.
I called and called, no real people answer the phone. I drove out and asked the guard at the gate, he said they do have walk ups but they start lining up at fricking 5am, but since I live here I can try coming back around 11-12 and seeing if anyone has canceled. I'm not sure if he can have visitors so I will probably do that until I'm sure he can have a visit.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
I called and called, no real people answer the phone. I drove out and asked the guard at the gate, he said they do have walk ups but they start lining up at fricking 5am, but since I live here I can try coming back around 11-12 and seeing if anyone has canceled. I'm not sure if he can have visitors so I will probably do that until I'm sure he can have a visit.

Hopefully this helps and someone picks up the phone . It's from the VPSS website re: LAC

Facility Message

CALIFORNIA STATE PRISON LOS ANGELES

Starting April 23, 2016 the 0830 visiting appointment slot will be removed and an additional 20 visiting appointments slots will be added to every hour for the remaining appointment times. Processing will still start at 0830 hours. VPASS appointments become available on Mondays at 7 a.m. VPASS appointments are only for CONTACT VISITS. California State Prison-Los Angeles County will open Normal visiting program for inmates and their approved visitors. All other inmates will be afforded visiting according to their regular visiting status. The CSP-LAC is now providing the opportunity for Senior Citizens to schedule a contact appointment over the telephone.One per weekend. A total of ten (10) visits per visiting day will be provided for senior citizens. The designated days, hours, telephone number and extensions are Thursday and Friday from 7:00 am to 9:00 am, (661)729-2000; 5401, 5885, 5886, 5887, 5888, 5889. Non-contact appointments for Saturday and Sunday shall be made by telephone on Thursdays and Fridays during 7:00am – 9:00am for the immediate following weekend. VPASS processing appointments need to have all visitors listed including children, failure to do so will result in having to get a walk-up pass/number. To improve the safety of inmates and their visitors, CSP-Los Angeles County began random Electronic Drug Detection as part of visitor processing. For more information, please view the Department Operations Manual policy, at http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...Final_Text.pdf. All visitors with appointments will be permitted to enter institutional grounds after 7:00am. Visitors that are visiting with a walk-up pass will be permitted on institutional grounds after 9:30am.

Last Updated: 6/1/2016 9:51:11 AM
Old 07-06-2016, 03:08 PM

Thank you, I see that I missed when the new appts come out, am I missing the walk up info? I made 15 phone calls yesterday and left 15 different voice mails, trying to get someone to either answer their phone or call me back. It's so frustrating!!! He is finally 7 miles from me and I can't get anyone to tell me if he can get a visit, when he was 400 miles from me everybody and God would answer their phone. He only has 39 days left and I would like to visit him every day possible considering I have only been able to visit 1 time in the last 3 years...
Thank you
Old 07-11-2016, 10:42 AM

I had a wonderful visit with my son yesterday. I have been to eight different prisons and this by far is the best C/O are nice and helpful. My car was hit in the parking lot yesterday and thank god the person left there number for me.. and better yet when I got home my daughter was able to buff out the paint transfer and it was like brand new. Thank you lord for watching over her and I. Good Karma leaving her number... NO DAMAGE..
Old 08-10-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just me Mom View Post
I had a wonderful visit with my son yesterday. I have been to eight different prisons and this by far is the best C/O are nice and helpful. My car was hit in the parking lot yesterday and thank god the person left there number for me.. and better yet when I got home my daughter was able to buff out the paint transfer and it was like brand new. Thank you lord for watching over her and I. Good Karma leaving her number... NO DAMAGE..
Hello. It was so nice to read about your positive experience. My husband has been at RJD for the past year, and it has been one thing after another. I just found out he is transferring to Lancaster today. Anything you can tell me about visiting, reception, etc would be wonderful. How long before he can call me once he arrives there? How are the visiting rooms? Is there an outdoor area (we have a daughter who likes going outside with her daddy). How is processing? Does it usually go pretty quick? Thank you for anything you can tell me. I am so nervous about him transferring and not being able to talk to him, and not knowing anything about Lancaster prison.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmybrat View Post
Hello. It was so nice to read about your positive experience. My husband has been at RJD for the past year, and it has been one thing after another. I just found out he is transferring to Lancaster today. Anything you can tell me about visiting, reception, etc would be wonderful. How long before he can call me once he arrives there? How are the visiting rooms? Is there an outdoor area (we have a daughter who likes going outside with her daddy). How is processing? Does it usually go pretty quick? Thank you for anything you can tell me. I am so nervous about him transferring and not being able to talk to him, and not knowing anything about Lancaster prison.
I am nervous also about him moving also.. Processing is OK at times other days seams like they have trouble...I think in one yard they have out door time. the yard my son is on you cant go out. he is on "C" yard. When my son transferred I believe it was to 10-14 days it took 17 days Not sure why. He wont be able to Call but you can write him. Im sure he would love that.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:36 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

A yard is the only yard that allows outside patio. "A" participates in Progressive Programming aka Honor Yard.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:48 PM

Default visiting dresscode

hello ladies,

its my first time visiting Lancaster. how are the CO's regarding dresscode?
Old 02-27-2018, 10:33 PM

Default Visiting

So my daughter’s father was just transferred here a week ago. I tried booking an appointment at 7 am Monday and it was already filled up for 2 weeks out? Is this the norm? She keeps asking to talk to him, I guess he will be able to call once he gets placed in his dorm? I’d like to be able to take her before it get freaking hot as hell and unbareable up there. Any tips on getting a vpass appt?
Old 04-12-2018, 07:21 AM

Did you ever get this question answered by any chance? Because I have the same exact question
Old 04-12-2018, 07:09 PM

No. Never got an answer. Still haven’t been able to book an appointment. It’s freaking rediculous how this place does it at7am on a Monday. Don’t they realize that people have jobs and kids to getready and get to school. I’ve given up at this point.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:50 AM

I wonder how it is to just get in line in the early morning. Does anyone know how packed it is? I don't want to be waiting with two kids and not get in -_-this is so frustrating
Old 04-20-2018, 11:28 AM

Default Visiting appointments non-contact

tHIS IS THE SECOND WEEK THAT i HAVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A NON-CONTACT VISIT; AND AGAIN, NO ANSWER OR WE ARE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND IF THEE IS ANOTHER NUMBER THAT i CALL?
Old 04-20-2018, 11:59 AM

Default Missed visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadreaming View Post
this is the second week that i have been trying to make an appointment for a non-contact visit; and again, no answer or we are experiencing technical difficulties. Does anyone know what is going on and if thee is another number that i call?
i just got someone to answer the phone, it seems the the web site is not correct, none contact appointment are only made between 7 and 9am. The person that answered pushed the responsibility onto sacramento because "they handle the website" did not say they would remedy the wrong information. Oh well, now i know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CAdreaming For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-21-2018), sidewalker (04-21-2018)