Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Domestic Violence
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Domestic Violence News and information relating to domestic violence in general. Please post here if you don't see a sub-forums that fits better.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackadoodle View Post
Not to mention I have subpoenas for 4 court dates coming up plus the time I took off when it actually happened- we've been eating a lot of rice lately lmao.

Rice is good. Food banks are good. Trust me on that. I have been in need at times in the past and I am fortunate enough to be in a position to donate these days. Children should never have to get by when it comes to nutrition. The food bank will help you. To find the one closest to you go to
http://www.feedingamerica.org/?refer...ww.google.com/

and they can refer you to some place close to your home that can help. Life is a lot better when you don't have to worry about every single thing - especially where the next meal is coming from.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trantham For This Useful Post:
Ann Onimous (04-16-2018), Chaddersgirl (02-21-2018), nimuay (02-21-2018), Serbgirl (03-08-2018), sidewalker (02-22-2018), xolady (03-10-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2018, 02:01 AM
I love my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonlady View Post
He doesn't seem that violent and he did not use any weapons or act as if he actually wanted to kill. In fact, he seems to have gotten better, and the problem seems to be the simple fact that the expected standard nowadays is zero violence and he is not quite there yet. It did not happen many times either, so that's a plus.

He may just be a great guy (he agreed to take on two stepchildren after all) who would get angry once in a while because of some situational trigger such as job loss or drinking. And he stopped drinking too.

I feel that at this time, the relationship still has some potential to eventually work out. He won't just be left to his own devices once he gets out anyway. He can expect to be prevented from resuming the relationship and then, if both partners really want it, potentially getting the opportunity to prove over time that he is safe to be around. It may, in fact, be very hard to get back together legally even if they both wanted it, since the system is trying to prevent tragedies from happening.

Supporting 3 kids is hard. If the parents manage to get back together and get along well, it may get easier financially provided the man gets work again.

He doesn’t seem “that violent??” You’re either a violent person or you’re not, like you’re either pregnant or you’re not.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anna7 For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (02-27-2018), fbopnomore (02-25-2018), ItsMe81 (03-17-2018), xolady (03-10-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 04:24 AM
Account Closed

Run!! like Forrest Gump .. GOD did not create us to be abused mental or physical..take some time for just you and your kids
Old 03-10-2018, 12:42 PM
Hannah & Jimmy

Reading that first sentence where you state he laid hands on you, I didn't have to read any further. Leave him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TenToesDownBaby For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-10-2018), ItsMe81 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 06:58 PM
AmyLynn

Because I personally been thru this I feel I can comment on it. I always needed to vent but unfortunately anything anyone would tell me would go in one ear and out the other. I would always make excuses for him or compare it to something that could be worse. Physical abuse is physical abuse tho!!! I held on to the "I'm sorrys I'm gonna change" but they fell silent when it HAPPENED again and trust ME it happened again and again. I was scared and I had a kid with him so in my mind it made it harder. It took getting pinned down and kicked in the ribs for me to do something. It all just came to me. I promised myself should I crawl thru the hallway and to that damn door this would be the last time. It was too. He went to jail and had to do some county time over it. I realized I had to love myself more than what I did. For me and my child and for good. I only speak out of experience to you but please understand it will get worse before it gets better. Love doesn't HIT!!!!!!

Last edited by ItsMe81; 03-17-2018 at 07:01 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItsMe81 For This Useful Post:
nimuay (03-18-2018), xolady (04-01-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanylonger2018 View Post
Yikes is it possible to delete a post?

This is crazy and out of hand drama and I don't really need it right now.

I understand where (most) of yall are coming from but some of it is quite curt.

I already made my decision, he wrote me via my sons name at my parents address- and has all his priviliges taken away and an extra charge. All I need now is to come up with the ridiculous amount of money to file a divorce.

He has also been divorced( technically annulled) before and I reached out to her and he hit her too. Granted yeah it's been "less" to who ever lives in 1700- I also left out parts of both instances. The first time her destroyed my phone and kept pulling my arms so I couldn't get out of the house to call. I finally did and the cop didn't believe me. Took pictures of the marks and said it looked like j did it myself. Lol. Nothing ever came of it.

The second incident he was driving me to the pharmacy after he hit me and seeing how the first time he wouldnt let me get my phone I waited until I was in the pharmacy to call- in the car he did indeed threaten to kill me, ran red lights so I couldnt get out of the car and drove upwards of 60mph in a 25 so I couldn't get out while repeatedly swerving through traffic and slamming on the brakes.

I just had a moment of weakness coming from his grams texting me telling me all this stuff.

Contact legal aid where you live & they will do the divorce for free. It’s a service they offer anyway but they move you up the waiting list if you are a victim of domestic violence. This is what I did when I divorced my ex - husband. I’m glad you are getting away. I stayed for 2 kids, 11 years. It took me almost that many years to heal , get myself back. Best wishes to you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wallflower78me For This Useful Post:
nimuay (03-18-2018), Sarianna (03-19-2018), xolady (04-01-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 01:30 AM
Donation Award 

I'm going to keep this post general because the OP hasn't posted in awhile, but I wanted to say something about domestic abuse that maybe hasn't been made clear in this thread.

First of all, OP.... get a divorce. If you research it you will find a way to do it for less than $450, even for free. You can fill out the paperwork yourself. I did this. Where it gets expensive and complicated is if your spouse contests anything financially or in terms of child support or custody. In most cases, division of finances is clear cut; it's the child support/custody issues that can get complicated. But I would file, then wait and see if he chooses to fight that battle.

I don't agree with the comments from prisonwoman overall, but I see where some of it is coming from. First, there is no excuse for physical (or emotional) violence in a relationship --- from EITHER SIDE. I may have read the first post in this thread the same way she did. The OP said the violence instigated with her punching him in the face. There is no excuse for what he did afterward, but there is also no excuse for what she did. It doesn't matter if you have a vagina or a penis. You DO NOT be physically violent towards another person. You do NOT. It's inexcusable.

I'm sure there is a lot more to the story than is on this thread. But I am only reacting to what I had access to read. She did not deserve what this man did to her. But neither did this man deserve to be punched in the face.

I speak as a woman who divorced after 17 years of being emotionally (verbally) abused. As such, it's not so black and white, as much as it should be. It just isn't. It becomes shades of gray. I think that's where prisonwoman's "it's not very violent" comment might have come from. Yes it's wrong, but it's common thinking among women who have been in this situation. How much is too much to leave?

In my case, I put up with 17 years of verbal and emotional abuse, until one day when he took it physical. On that day, he raped me (in his office) and he punched me in the eye. I didn't call the police. That was when I decided to divorce him. I could look in the mirror and see the black eye, and I could show other people and they would believe me.

The real truth was that it took me much longer to heal from the emotional/verbal abuse than when he hit or raped me. The real truth was that I should have left him much sooner. I shouldn't have had to see the evidence of his abuse and violence in the mirror in order to make that decision. I should have seen it inside myself.
Ann Onimous (04-16-2018), fbopnomore (03-29-2018), xolady (04-01-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 09:04 AM

Leave him. I've been hit my drunk girls several times and knew to walk away.

Hitting you while being sober because of job pressures is really bad. You have so many years ahead of you to build a good life.

If you hook up with anyone else while he is in jail, he will ask you about it when he gets out. Can you guarantee 100% that he will take that pain without reacting.