Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 09-22-2019, 05:14 PM

Default What is the worst Prison that your loved one has been in?

title says it all

i would say for mine HMP wakefield he said was pretty bad.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2019, 06:25 PM
His Girl ❤️

Honestly don't know. This is his 3rd one, but we just met almost a year ago.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:35 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,638 Times in 1,488 Posts

My older sibling has been away 37 years in California. Corcoran is the one that was the hardest for him. He is a part of the Native American faction there in prison and while at Corcoran some years back he was at odds with members of a rival gang. My brother has one eye that is gone due a blunt force trauma here in Texas prior to going to prison there in Cali and to stop and think that a group of punks would assault someone in their 60's that is handicapped says much about that place to me that is not good. He was in a a lot of fear when he was there and when he left, it was a great relief to him. It hurts me when I recall this. It makes me angry. And for what it's worth...I WISH I'D BEEN THERE WITH HIM WHEN ALL THAT WAS GOING ON.....but that's not the way it works.

For me here in Texas, I'd say Dawson State Jail was the worst the place I did time in the 18 years I spent inside. Dawson was coed. It was so bad, they actually shut the prison down around 2014, I think due to several women including an infant baby girl named Grace that died in a toiet.

https://www.texasobserver.org/death-...il-still-open/

It was actually built to be a hotel in the downtown part of Dallas in the 1980s. It's 10 stories high in which women were housed on floors 10-7 and the men were housed on 6-3. 2 and 1 were for medical and admin. I was there 22 months and I never went outside the entire time. The windows were sealed shut and when the A/C would go out you'd damn near suffocate. I contracted Shingles there in 2009 just before I got out. The food was god awful at times and so putrid you literally could not eat it for fear of contracting food poisoning. It was ran by Corrections Corp Of America, a private prison group. Gang activity, female guards trading sex for money, crack, heroin, meth, weed, alcohol, and tobacco were commonplace. It earned the nickname of "Club Dawson" throughout the state and I heard more than one man say that they made more money selling drugs in Dawson while they were there than they did in the free world working a job and I believe it.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:25 AM

In Arizona - My man has said Florence for both jail and prison.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:50 PM
Donation Award 

This one. Horrendous all around.

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:09 PM

The one he is in now. New Jersey State Prison