Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Now That Your Loved One Is Home...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Now That Your Loved One Is Home... Please share stories about your loved one now they are home.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
6-plus months out...I'd say Dee is still working on turning this into a "success story" but the progress, while a bit slower than I think either of us would necessarily like for a variety of reasons, is steady and positive.

Her mental health has been good. She has stayed sober (well, she has some booze now and then, but not to excess and only drinks socially, but alcohol has never really been an issue for her.) She's stayed away from the people and places that used to get her in trouble. Her focus has been on her kids and her family, and of course we get plenty of time together. She's looking into doing medical coding and billing...preferably something where she can work at least some of the time at home so she can dedicate time to her parents and to helping her sisters with their kids as well as spending time with her own when she's able to and have flexibility. Her mom is teaching her how to cook all sorts of different meals, apparently so she can cook for me when we get married. (I laughed and said "I've cooked for you a few times before, you're yet to cook for me so I'll believe it when I see it.)

We've just had a pretty major milestone...she met my kids. It was a success. She also met several members of my family. She feels good to be accepted. I've met a good chunk of her family but still have a ways to go....I am yet to meet her kids. It's complicated. But I'm hoping that will change in the coming months. I really want an opportunity to get to know them, for them to get to know me, and because I know a big part of their concern and what has kind of contributed to the complication is that they want their time with their mother and because of who she used to hang around they are cautious about anyone she might bring around....it needs to happen on its own time, and the first priority has to be her strengthening her bonds with them.

Overall, while I wish we were a little further along in some elements of our relationship and a few other areas of our lives both personal and professional.....I am pleased with how things are going.

And most importantly....we are happy. And with that foundation, I truly believe everything else will come.

-E
Your story truly gives me hope. Thank you for sharing. You are so realistic and grounding with everything. I'm personally rooting for you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-04-2017)
Sponsored Links