Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Banned

Default University after prison- UK

Sorry guys, I have another question.

Im going to miss out on going to university next year as I missed almost all of year 11 at school and obviously wont be able to do my A-Levels or any of year 12/13. There were classes in prison and support to do GCSEs (final exams), but unfortunately I was so disruptive that I was removed from education. I really wish that Id just got on with things like a normal person, but its done now.

Im hoping to restart year 11 in September.

Anyway, has anybody gone on to university after being released? Is it more difficult to get in with a criminal record or is there just no chance at all? Any advice on how best to frame my conviction (possession of an offensive weapon) on an application or in an interview?

I will obviously need to wait until my probation is finished as all the universities are on the mainland and I cant leave the island I live on at the moment.
Sponsored Links