Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Nevada prison, criminal justice system, as well as discuss legal topics

Old 10-10-2010, 09:36 PM

Default Budget cuts at NDOC

I have been following some of the budget cuts threw out the state. I read an article that said if NDOC has 10% cuts this up coming FY they would have to release 3000 inmates and if the cuts were higher they would have to be more. If any of you all have more info I would be interested in hearing. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2011, 10:17 AM

A law did pass for 2012 that will cut alot of people's sentences way way down, I am just very unclear on who exactly it does and do not apply too I am trying to research that right now and was just about to post about it here, but I think that law is just too unclear that no one even knowns right now. I have had tim my finance and another friend of mine in prison ask around, ask law clercks ,ect and they are each getting like 3 or 4 different conflicting answers at this point.

I was going to email a few lawyers and just be like hey I know you dont do anything for free but I will give you 20 bucks to just tell us the truth on who the heck this law will affect and who it wont for sure, with no doubts..lol
because it is very confusing apparently if the law clerks cant even figure it out!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Time well spent..

2012 is right around the corner, so it will all come to light soon. I just hope that unlike the last bill that was practically considered a done deal ...this one doesn't just fade away...
If you do come across any information though, please post.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:55 PM

I know ab136 the governor vetoed and another one that is waiting to go to assembly is Sb 265