Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:17 AM
I love him.

my name is Erin and I am 27 years old, I am not married and have no kids. One of my closest friends (we have been friends about 20 years) is serving a 50 year sentence (he has already served almost 6 i believe) at Keen Mountain Prison in Virginia. He has always been there for me, and now I am doing my best to be there for him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ErinVA For This Useful Post:
CA Mistique (03-10-2013), cblueiis (07-24-2009), gharrell1 (04-30-2014), harasubam (02-20-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Rich's Wifey

My name is Tiffanie and my husband is in Augusta Correctional. We are doing Life with possible parole. (Already served 15 years). I am in the military. We've known each other for almost 20 years (He was my Junior/High school sweetheart). We were just married 6 June 04...His birthday!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiffDixon For This Useful Post:
cblueiis (07-24-2009), harasubam (02-20-2012)
Old 09-20-2004, 10:24 PM

Talking

Hello family Annette is the name. I am in central VA, been in VA all my life. I have 2 boys, 13 and 18. I am just joining this group. Found it few hours ago. Hope and Faith are there. Look for them. Believe cause we believe. There is always the best in the worst. Everything makes you look back and be a stronger person. Great to be here.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Annette B. For This Useful Post:
cblueiis (07-24-2009), momsbrokenheart (06-11-2011), RJswife (05-04-2012), rosebud1961 (12-31-2011)
Old 09-23-2004, 09:36 AM

My name is Sandy and my 32 years old son is at Keene Mtn in Va. I am married to a very suportive man (Chris stepfather) have 3 boys,2 stepdaughters and 8 grandchildren. MY family is my life, as Im sure yours are also.I work full time for a major grocery store and volunteer my days off at People PLace where we have a play day for handicapped adults and assist the elderly with doctors appointments, phone calls and sometimes just spend time talking with them. I must keep myself busy in order to remain sane.

Thanks for this thread we all need to know a little about each other so that we can understand more.
cblueiis (07-24-2009)
Old 09-23-2004, 09:57 AM
amused MEMBER

Default Welcome

Welcome to all of our members! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about yourselves. Take care - be strong and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to PM mlk or myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betrayed_4_life For This Useful Post:
brownsugar37 (09-07-2009), cblueiis (07-24-2009)
Old 09-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

My name is Sherry and my fiancee is doing a 12 month sentence at Pamunkey Regional Jail. Luckily he does get work release so I do get to see him briefly when I return him to his home away from home. I just can't wait until this ride is over. We live in Bumpass (central Virginia) We've been together for 2 years and I have 2 boys 10 & 6, who my man has been a wonderful stepdad to. He's been in since August 2, 2004.
The Following User Says Thank You to eppsgrl70 For This Useful Post:
cblueiis (07-24-2009)
Old 09-25-2004, 03:43 PM

Hi, I'm Jeannine aka meanandsurly. My son is at JRCC. My husband is a nuclear contractor and moves around alot. I sat down two years ago with the children. We have a 30, 28, 27, 26, 24, 21, 20, and 15. (also cust. of 9yr grdsn) We have a menagerie of His, Mine, and Other peoples. I have Multiple Sclerosis and get by day to day. My son (21) gets out....I guess when they say?! Not mean or surly, just everything else I thought of was already taken. We live in Aulander, NC and go day by day.
The Following User Says Thank You to meanandsurly For This Useful Post:
cblueiis (07-24-2009)
Old 10-26-2004, 10:08 AM

Hi,

I am taking the time to use it to inform those whom are not aware of a very important life altering Bill in the state of Virginia. Come January, 2005, the state Senate Office will Vote towards Passing Bill SB 75 aka HB 362 - Good Conduct and Mandatory Literacy Allowances for Incarcerated Person. This Bill will allow incarcerated persons to EARN up to 15 days credit for every 30 days sentenced (50%). This Bill was Passed in the state House of Delegates as HB 362 back in Feb. 2004. However, unless it is passed in the state Senate it will not become law. This Bill is similar to the Federal Bill HR 4752- LERA (65%).
As you all know there was a Rally on October 13, 2004 on the steps of the Governor. Bill SB 75 was on the agenda along with the HR 4752-LERA. The Rally was organized by VirginiaCURE, a wonderful organization that we all should become familiar with.

Some of us have been dedicated towards Letter writing to the state Senators. What happen was, back after the House passed this bill it was then sent to the state Senate, the state Senate Continued the Bill until January, 2005 to allow a committee review. The state Senate Committee Rehabiliation and Social Services are currently deciding the fate of every incarcerated person in the state of Virginia regarding this Bill, SB75 aka HB 362. This Bill is for those whom are not eligible for parole, the Post 1995 Truth in Sentencing Bill. It also affects those under parole, to ensure mandatory parole release. Therefore, effecting everyone. This Bill is for both non-violent and violent offenders with some limitation factors for those whom are sentenced for First Degree Murder, Life and Rape. This Bill allows for incarcerated persons to EARN MONTHLY Zero, Five, Ten and 15 Days Credits.
This Bill will Mandate Rehabilitation, through increased education, increased vocation/career training, allowance of college education, increase social behavior assistance, changes towards receiving financial aid assistance for all.
I term this Bill as such: "It is NOT a GET OUT OF JAIL/PRISON FOR FREE BILL; It is a BILL WHICH INCREASES REHABILITATION AND DECREASES RECIDIVISM THROUGH EARNED ACCOMPLISHMENTS, ENABLING EARLY RELEASE. Make no Mistake this Bill if Passed and Become Law will not be easy to obtained. It is a Bill which makes all sides accountable, mainly our incarcerated love ones.

LETTER WRITING TO THE STATE SENATE COMMITTEE REHABILITATION AND SOCIAL SERVICE IS KEY TOWARDS STRENGTHING THE PASSING OF THIS BILL, JUST AS SIGNING THE PETITION FOR THE FEDERAL LERA BILL. WE MUST BECOME INVOLVE IN ORDER TO GO ABOUT CHANGE.
I HEAR EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NO-PAROLE IN VIRGINIA, WELL HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO CHANGE THIS...COME JANUARY, 2005. HOWEVER, THE LETTERS NEED TO BE IN BEFORE JANUARY, 2005. TIME IS RUNNING SHORT.
TO READ UP ON THIS BILL GO TO THE FOLLOWING WEB SITES:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bom/legp...h+SB75F122+pdf

or Virginia General Assembly, type in SB75 in box, click on highlight (impact statement)...this will pull up the full text bill

and/or go to Virginia General Assembly, type in SB75 in box, click on under heading Status "01/14/04 Senate: Presented & ordered printed, prefiled 01/16/14 040797756... This will pull up the bill in its true entirety with all limitations and exceptions.

and/or go to Virginia General Assembly, type in SB75, click on under heading Status "01/14/04 and 02/06/04 to find all the state Senators on the Committee and Social Services to enable you to write them directly.

To obtain a Sample Letter on how to Write and Contact Legislator go to:
http://legis.state.va.us/CitizensGu...yLegislator.htm

To obtain a list of all the state Senators and the Committee Senators address, phone number and email addresses go to:
http://sov.state.va.us/SenatorDBnsf/$Viewtemplate+for+WDistrictAddresses?OpenForm

or Just Go to the Virginia General Assembly Site and make it all happen for you.

Time is running out. Write your loveone and send them this information, to enable them to spread the word to other incarcerated persons, to enable them to get the word to their families, friends, communities, church and loveones to start writing letters DEMANDING the passing of the SB 75 Bill for Good Conduct Allowance and Mandatory Functional Literacy Requirement...

Bottom Line, Don't you want your Love one to re-enter society a Productive Asset opposed to the Non-Productive Liability for which they entered DOC!!!

Feel free to contact me privately if you need any assistance or wish to see our volunteer group group petition letters. We have been giving families one letter with 25 signature spaces to put name and address. They acquire signatures from family, friends, community and etc, then date it, send the original copy to the Chairman of the Committee, Senator Hanger and send copies of that same petition letter to all the 15 other members on the committee. We will be glad to send you a copy or email you it...

Contact VirginiaCURE online and get updates on all the BILLS... And please go and sign the petitiononline for LERA.

I apology for the lengthy message. I just thought you should know what is going on. Lastly, rest asure there are many whom are opposed to this bill passing and know about the vote and they are writing in.... Don't you think your love one deserve a Second Chance in Life, if they Earn it?

All the Best,
Nettie
Old 10-26-2004, 10:12 AM

Hi again,
for some reason the web sites I typed above didn't paste correctly... Here they are again...

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...h+SB75F122+pdf
http://legis.state.va.us/CitizensGui...Legislator.htm
http://sov.va.us/SenatorDB.nsf/$$Viewtemplate+for+WDistrictAddresses?OpenForm

if it still doesn't work for you, then just write me an email and I will give it to you
Old 10-26-2004, 10:14 AM

Me Again, I just found out, if you just click on the web sites I liked from here it will take you there directly, even though the spelling listed isn't how I typed it.
Sorry for the confusion.
Nettie
Old 12-08-2004, 07:21 PM
~home with me~

My name is Tereasa and I just have never sail hello in this section per say heheh. My husband has been in VA DOC for over 10 years now and we have a bit over 2 left to do. I have stuck by him through it all and we are stronger for it! We have a 9 year old daughter who I was 3 months prego with when he got locked up. We are all awaiting his release. I live in Missouri right now but will be moving out to VA in June to start getting things in order for his release. He is in Coffeewood at the moment and seems to think it is alright!

I am so thankful for this site it has been of great help to me in the past and furture!!
Old 12-18-2004, 04:18 PM
1 Day Closer

Default New to the Board

Hi Everyone:

My name is Alli, and I am new to the Prison Talk Online board. To give you a brief introduction, I am 27 years old and about 2 years ago while working in a law firm I met my sweet heart ( Kevin). What started out as a simple act of kindness on my part soon became something a lot more than I ever imagined. Here were are nearly a year after meeting and more and more in love each day. Im lucky in the fact that I can go see him pretty much every weekend, if time allows me to. He is about a hour and half away from me. Kevin has about another 6 years, but today he told be about SB 75 which is going before the General Assembly in January! I have to write my letter TODAY! Anyway, for those of you who are in my situation may God Bless you very much. I hope that your loved ones come home to you soon. This is probably the hardest thing for me, knowing the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, has to spend another 6 years or so in prison.

Merry Christmas and God Bless you all!
Old 01-05-2005, 01:18 PM

Default son in Portsmouth VA

Hi my son is in portsmouth Va jail awaiting trial on the 10th and 14th there saying he can spend 45 years it's only been 4 months and i feel like i'm going crazy i get to see him tonight but i'ts behind glass i never thought i would ever see one of my children behind bars it breaks my heart evertime i talk to him and go see him.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:56 PM

Hi myname is Karissa and my man is in Southampton va been there for 7 years and still has another 3 years to go. I love and miss him so much
Old 01-14-2005, 09:40 AM

Default SB 805 Formerly SB 75

To view the newly introduced Bill SB 805 formerly SB 75 (Same just updated)
Go to the following:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...?051+ful+SB805
or
Go to Virginia General Assembly. At Home Page on Right hand box, type in
SB 805. You will see a general listing of updates. Click on one of the sentences and the bill in it's entirety will display.

If you are having any trouble, if you need a copy of my pre-written petition letter, feel free to contact me directly at:
VaCureRichmond@aol.com
(804) 737-9624

Remember the 12th Annual Advocacy Day with Virginia C.U.R.E. for Responsible Justice is Monday January 17, 2005 in Richmond, VA at the Virginia General Assembly Building. The Public is encouraged to Attend and Voice Your Opinion about the Passing of SB 805 and many of the other Bills.
There are many Position Papers that will become Bills which benefits incarcerated persons and their families, which needs your continuous support to enable passage.

All the Best
Old 01-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Jason's Heart N Soul

Hi all! My name ia Paula and my husband is at Sussex I State Prison. He has been in for a lil over 6 years and he has a 39 years sentence. We have a 6 year old daughter. I am originally from NY but moved down here so I can be closer to him. We just got married this past Oct but I have been with him , i guess u can say on n off since 1997. I apologize for never saying hello on this thread cuz I am not a new member but as the saying goes.....better late than ever.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:16 PM

Hey everyone! My name is Angela. And my fiance is currently in sussex 2 state prison. We met under an odd situation, over the internet and our relationship continued from there. we met in august of 2001 and we were together a month before he got put into county. And have been on and off since then. He was sentenced and is now serving until 2033. His circumstances are a bit confusing to me. But I'll be gettin more information on his trial. He's serving time he shouldn't be for someone else. Well good news is he said something about a Heabus corpus ( i think thats how its spelled). Lets see how all that goes! And I FINALLY got to meet him face to face for the first time January 23rd. He's the love of my life and hopefully soon to be husband. I would like to move closer but we will see how all that goes. If anyone would like to contanct me feel free to. I would like to get to know everyone a little bit better!

Thank you
Angela
Old 01-31-2005, 12:52 AM

Hello everyone my name is Leticia. I am new to PTO. My husband is currently serving a seven year sentence. We have 2 years to go. He is in Baskerville Correctional Center. We have been very supportive of one another. I have been there since day one and I plan to stay until the end. I know that we have a very promising future together. I love him dearly. IF anyone ever need to talk, I am here to listen.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:38 PM

Old 02-03-2005, 05:40 PM

Please forgive me as I am new to this site......I am trying to figure out how it works
Old 02-03-2005, 05:45 PM

Old 02-27-2005, 03:51 PM

Hi. My name is Traci. I am new to PTO and my husband just started serving a lengthy sentence at Petersburg Federal Camp. I have 1 child and 2 step children. I just went and visited him for the first time the other day and it was quite an experience. I am thankful to this site. It has answered so many questions I have. I hope everyone can stay strong for themselves and their loved ones. This indeed is difficult to go through.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:36 AM

Default jessee mom

hi my name is shelby and my son is in lawrenceville c.c. and i haven't seen him in 5 years cause i was just released a year ago and living in tennessee now ,but i plan on seeing him soon my p.o. gave me the ok last week he tell me that he is very lonely and wishes that people would write him , that he don't know how i made it threw all the time i pulled . if anyone would care to write him , he is a good boy and his release date is 2-23-09 ........hes address is jessee rhea #322449 ....1607 planters rd. lawrenceville , va. 23868 thanks
Old 03-06-2005, 12:16 AM
1 Day Closer

Congrats on getting out and starting your life again! My sweetie is in Lawrenceville Correctional. As far as prisons go its pretty nice, and the CO's are pretty decent as well. Good luck on your visit with you son, Im sure he will be very happy to see you!
Old 03-19-2005, 10:22 PM

Hi, my name is Tiffany and I just found out and joined PTO today. My boyfriend is currently finishing out the last year of his 2 year sentence at Greensville Correctional Center. I have not been able to visit him yet due to the fact that I am a single mother of a 21mos old son and the 1hr and a half road trip would be to long for him to handle. I keep in contact with him through letters and the occassional phone calls. I think it's very nice that there is a site that gives as much information and support to those with incarcerated loved ones as this one does and it is well appreciated.