Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:01 AM

Default Inmate locator

How come my loved ones inmate number and parole number are different? Iíve looked up other people and some other peopleís inmate and parole # are the same. Thank u in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi86 View Post
How come my loved ones inmate number and parole number are different? Iíve looked up other people and some other peopleís inmate and parole # are the same. Thank u in advance!

I don't know if it is the same now (I believe it is) but when I was in PA state I had an inmate number different from my parole number. The PA Dept of Corrections and the PA Board of Parole are two different entities.

Is your loved one in state prison or county jail?

If someone has a different inmate number from parole number it may be a reason such as re-commitment due to violation etc - this is not fact. I am just saying there may be a reason for it. Or again maybe the inmate number was for a county jail and the parole is for county carries over the same number. County parole is not the same entity as State parole at all.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:39 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,289 Posts

The Board assigns its own number. It generally has numerals before letters, which is the opposite of the DOC. Also, the DOC numbers are issued sequentially to new commitments; the Board parole numbers are more randomized.

Now that the DOC handles parole supervision, and in the wake of the six homicides attributed to five parolees over last summer, they have added a "parolee locator" to the inmate locator.
fbopnomore (11-24-2019)