Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Pennsylvania.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:46 PM

What does PT'd mean?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2006, 06:23 PM

Personal Training, that is what the "Instructors" call it when the exercise you when you have done something wrong. They do everything that you have to do except they don't give you a break. They will do 20 pushups, and then you have to; however, when you are doing your 20 they rest and do 20 more, then right when you are done you have to do 20 more, with no rest. Do you get what I mean?

However; you are in such good shape by the time you leave there they can't do anything physical to you anymore, so they play mind games with you. Otherwise, they would be like get down and do 20, you would be like ok how about 40. You are a machine when you leave that place, best shape in your life.... Hope this helps...
Old 09-17-2006, 08:27 PM

Yea I get what you are saying, if I have any more Questions, I will be sure to ask. Thanks A Bunch. Oh yea, how often do they come get people for boot camp?
Old 10-06-2006, 06:56 PM

I Just Got Some Good News, My Man Just Got To Boot Camp Today And It Only Took Him Two Month And Two Weeks, I Am So Happy For My Boo. We'll Be Togther Again Real Soon.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:51 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,306 Times in 1,270 Posts

Congratulations.

bob
Old 10-08-2006, 10:07 AM

tHANKS
Old 01-01-2007, 09:33 PM

Default ???

hi...i am also another new person to the site. My boyfriend of four years was sentenced to 2 1/2-5 yrs. However, he was eligible to go to the boot camp program. He has to wait 6 months in a regular facility before he does his 6 months in boot camp. So far he's done 3 months. It's so hard for me because we have never been apart for that long. Aside from that, I don't understand how if it is as disciplinary as people say, how are they housed along with female inmates while in the program? Another thing, I've read most of the information but I want to know if there is anyone who knows someone who went and said it is almost impossible to graduate because of the discipline and structure. What kinds of things do they actually have them do? If anyone can answer my questions please do.....
Old 01-02-2007, 04:21 PM

Hi Promise~ 1st, I know that this is really hard for you. I was with my man for a number of years before he was incarcerated as well. We had never been apart for very long, and I was devastated when it felt like he was ripped away. The Judge sencented him to 2 1/2-5 years & also said that he would be eligible for boot camp, and it was on his sentencing order. We were told by his attorney that after 3-6 months in a state facility, he would be transferred to Quehanna. After 5 months of being un-classified, he was transferred to a home jail (not boot camp) and remained there for another year until they finally sent him to boot camp. By the time he got to boot camp, he had served 23 months of his sentence. I'm not telling you this to upset you, I just want you to know that we were in a very similar situation and I wish we would have known it wasn't going to be as easy has having him home within a year (as the judge/lawyer made us feel). Just because the Judge says he/she is "eligible", that does not mean the DOC will send him off ahead of any other individual. Platoons only hold 40 @ one time, and there are only so many phases at the camp. I will pray for you that you are more fortunate, and that you only have to wait a few more months. There are certainly people who get there within the 6 months as well, so keep your hopes up. I only wish someone would have been a little more realistic with me when everything was going on.
As far as male and female inmates being housed together, the answer is "no." They are in a platoon together, work together, complete tasks together, and do push-ups along side of one another, but they do not sleep, dress, or shower in the same place.
There is a member of PTO, "JustReleasedin05" who completed the program and has tons of great info through the PA site. He also may read your post and respond with more info. If you read the post under "Boot Camp Info" which is still on the 1st page under Pennsylvania, you'll see that the boot camp program is not created to "fail" the inmate completeing the camp. They aren't trying to make graduation impossible... read those posts and I think you'll have the info you are looking for.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:22 PM

Cool Quehanna

hey izzie, thanks for the info. I'm sorry your situation had to be dragged out the way it did. Hopefully, they are moving my boyfriend through the process alot faster. He has been classified, he's in his home jail, and about last week, they took his DNA. So hopefully, they don't prolong the process any longer. you gave me some info...however...lol...i dont know what a platoon is. My whole problem is that...i wont be going to visit and its bad enough he's going to be so far from me...but...he has the opportunity to develop relationship with another female besides me. im not insecure...i just know how guys can be.
On another note, i know he said there was a few people he knows that were in the boot camp program and some of the things that went on there just sound absolutely ridiculous, like giving theinmates 8 sheets of toilet paper......
Old 01-03-2007, 07:57 AM

I have to run to work, so this will be short and sweet I guess to add some humor to this whole situation.

"like giving theinmates 8 sheets of toilet paper......"

You get 8 if they like you! LOL The norm when I went through was more like 4. If you do a search on my name, you should be able to find some of my previous posts about my experience with bootcamp. I will probably post more now that more people are interested in it. I went throught he program back in 96-97, and am a successful graduate. Take care and good luck to your man.

PS To ease your qualms about the girls, honestly if they aren't on your work detail, you can't even talk to them anyways or you get PT'd to death No worries about that...
Old 01-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Boot Camp

Can someone help me with a boot camp question?

My son is starting to serve a 5 - 10 year sentenct in State Prison. (PA)

I read something about the state letting you know if you are eligible for boot camp.

Is there a certain amount of time that you have to do before you become eligible?

If someone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
MomMissing Son
Old 02-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Donation Award 

How many can go to the graduation
Old 08-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Wanting Info On Bootcamp?

HELLO LADIES I WAS JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME SOME INFO ON QUEHANNA BOOTCAMP MY BOYFRIEND WILL BE LEAVING FOR THERE VERY SOON AND I HEARD IT WAS HARD TO GET THROUGH. JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON IT FOR ME?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:43 PM

quehanna is tough...just like the army, maybe worse, but the good news about it is that it has a high success rate.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:36 AM

thanx that's what i've been hearing!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:12 PM

i manage an employment agency & have worked many times with guys fresh from boot camp. they are polite & respectful & all are pretty much not going back to any of their old ways to keep out of trouble. Good Luck!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:43 PM

THANX GIRLS I APPRECIATE IT!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:02 PM

Default They Took Him Yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL NOW I'M HOPING TO MEET SOME PEOPLE THAT MAYBE KNOW SOMEONE IN THE BOOTCAMP! THEY TOOK HIM YESTERDAY UNEXPECTEDELY AND EARLY! I'M SO WORRIED DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT QUEHANNA! I KNOW SOMEONE THAT WENT THROUGH THE PROGRAM AND GRADUATED WITH HONORS AND THE TOLD ME WHAT HE'S DOING RIGHT NOW AND I JUST DON'T WANNA HEAR ANYMORE! HE SAID THEY'RE PROBABLY MAKING HIM SLEEP SOAKING WET TONIGHT AND BIENG PT'D TO DEATH! I'M SO WORRIED ABOUT HIM! BUT KNOW IT'S THE BEST THING I JUST WANNA HEAR FROM HIM TO KNOW IF HE'S OK! SO IF ANYONE CAN RELATE THAT WOULD BE GREAT! I FEEL VERY ALONE RIGHT NOW!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:27 PM

Are you in PHILA,PA? My guy is trying to get bootcamp? How did yours get it?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:29 AM

no i'm in williamsport pa but my man was in sci houtzdale i think he just went and talked to his counselor about it! not exactly sure how that works! if i find nething out i'll let u know!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 PM

I dont know much about boot camp but hold onto your faith and things will be ok. I'll be praying for you and your guy.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:15 PM

thanx sassyQ he actually got to call me last night and i got 3 letters and a card today in the mail plus he's having his stuff from the prison sent! i can't wait to get it so i can feel close to him! but they're bustin his ass so far he has to run 2miles in 14 mins. and he was a smoker! but he's gonna look good as hell when he gets home! 6months left he'll be home by may! i'm excited!
Old 09-22-2007, 11:39 PM

well i'm feeling pretty good about this bootcamp thing now i heard from him tonight and he's doing good! great actually! i'm very proud of him!!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:38 PM

Wow, that's good. I know this original post was from a year ago, but it's nice to read a little, especially that your guy said he was doing good. My little boys dad is scheduled to go to Quehanna the end of this month and some of the storiesfrom there sound pretty bad. I am hoping and praying it will not be too rough. An ex-sergent from a juvenille bootcamp said the sergents are so rough on the guys because some are killers and its a form of rehibilitation, but my guy says most of the guys he knows at Camphill that are on the bootcamp block with him are there for some drug offense. Which they should not be imprisoned for!! It sucks, that's for sure. Our laws need to change BIG time! Anyway, take care everyone. ( Hope jr'sgirl and family are doing good!)
Old 05-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Waiting Wife

Default Hubby went to Quehanna today!!!!

Anyone with any information about Quehanna boot camp please let me know.....Ive gotten some information but would appreciate more if possible! Im hoping to go visit him this weekend, if hell even be allowed to have a visit......anyway please drop a line if you think you have any helpful input!! Thanks and have a wonderful day!!!!