Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Minnesota.

Old 10-09-2004, 09:40 AM

They will provide you with the necessary clothing needed for the weather...

I have not gotten anything back from anyone about the bootcamp.. I am awaiting some email replys

Yes, you can take photos. I believe they are still 2.00 in most prisons. But this does vary from prison to prison.. But to answer your question yes you can have pics taken...

Peter
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2004, 12:19 PM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInMinn
They will provide you with the necessary clothing needed for the weather...

I have not gotten anything back from anyone about the bootcamp.. I am awaiting some email replys

Yes, you can take photos. I believe they are still 2.00 in most prisons. But this does vary from prison to prison.. But to answer your question yes you can have pics taken...

Peter
thank you for making the contact info on the boot camp and waiting for the emil replys. do i need to know any prison language? does the boot camp have a website?
Old 10-09-2004, 12:36 PM

Sorry the bootcamp does not have a web site, but if you look i posted a thread a while back on CIP bootcamp here in the Minnesota forum.

As far as Prison "Lyngo" or language, Some use it, some don't, My best advice would be to just be ourself, and learn it as you go, you will know what terms to use and not to use and what fits in with the way you speak.

Peter
Old 10-09-2004, 12:56 PM

Default bootcamp

Quote:
Sorry the bootcamp does not have a web site, but if you look i posted a thread a while back on CIP bootcamp here in the Minnesota forum.

As far as Prison "Lyngo" or language, Some use it, some don't, My best advice would be to just be ourself, and learn it as you go, you will know what terms to use and not to use and what fits in with the way you speak.

Peter
ive looked at the forum on cip bootcamp and pretty interesting. sounds alot tougher then prison and also asked inside out for info since her husband went trough it. for the time for wake up till bed time im up at that time m-f but at boot camp thats 7 days a week. i just got to adjust to routine and etc.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:46 PM

Default found more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM29
ive looked at the forum on cip bootcamp and pretty interesting. sounds alot tougher then prison and also asked inside out for info since her husband went trough it. for the time for wake up till bed time im up at that time m-f but at boot camp thats 7 days a week. i just got to adjust to routine and etc.
i found more of a description.picture, and visitation on the cip boot camp on a search engine called mamma.com which i asked where can i find adult boot camps in minnesota which i went on to nubmer 10 and 14.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:26 AM

Default info and question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM29
i found more of a description.picture, and visitation on the cip boot camp on a search engine called mamma.com which i asked where can i find adult boot camps in minnesota which i went on to nubmer 10 and 14.
when i arrive at st.cloud or transferred to the other prison do i get a physical, including the eyes and dentist?
Old 10-10-2004, 08:36 AM

yes, all of the above
Old 10-10-2004, 08:48 AM

Bootcamp is barracks style and the showers are group setting.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:03 PM

Thank you so much for the information Inside Out....

Peter
Old 10-11-2004, 06:10 AM

Default reply

Quote:
yes, all of the above
at county and st.cloud will they tell me when ill get transported? what happens if you need care out side of the prison? will i get a body cavity search done or just the other searches?
Old 10-11-2004, 09:02 AM

Because of security issues they will not tell you when you will be transported...

No, In Minnesota they do not to cavity searches, they do however tell you to bend over and cough.

It depends on which prison you are in whether or not you will need outside care. Please be more specific in your question, What kind of outside care??? Most of the prisons have everything they need within the prison, they have licensed doctors, phsycologists, psychiatrists. In my time i didn't see many people go outside the wall for care. You can request this if you have a local doctor, but you will have to pay for the visit, and transportation, and correctional officers during that time. I have only seen one isntance of that, and the guy had alot of strings (connections) within the state that he could pull and a lot of money.
Otherwise if they find that they need outside care it is paid for by the state.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:25 AM

Default reply

Quote:
Because of security issues they will not tell you when you will be transported...

No, In Minnesota they do not to cavity searches, they do however tell you to bend over and cough.

It depends on which prison you are in whether or not you will need outside care. Please be more specific in your question, What kind of outside care??? Most of the prisons have everything they need within the prison, they have licensed doctors, phsycologists, psychiatrists. In my time i didn't see many people go outside the wall for care. You can request this if you have a local doctor, but you will have to pay for the visit, and transportation, and correctional officers during that time. I have only seen one isntance of that, and the guy had alot of strings (connections) within the state that he could pull and a lot of money.
Otherwise if they find that they need outside care it is paid for by the state.
once i enter i only have to go through pat down ,frisking, and strip searches? for outside care i mean medical care that it gets requested that i need care that the prison cant provide?
Old 10-12-2004, 07:50 AM

Default more ?

[quote=JAM29]once i enter i only have to go through pat down ,frisking, and strip searches? for outside care i mean medical care that it gets requested that i need care that the prison cant provide? are you allowed to go to funerals, and how is the level on contraband since the visits are contact including homemade weapons inside?
Old 10-12-2004, 02:19 PM

You will get searched many times. Sometimes for reasons no one can explain. They might see you and pull you to the side just to search you... This is what i would adapt myself to if I were you.... Get used to the fact that correctional officers are going to search you many many many times. At any time they can search you and they don't even have to have a reason.

The prison will be able to provide any care that you may need, and if for some reason they can't then they will deal with it at that time. Like i said, they have everything you may possibly need.

Also, If you have all these medical issues that a prison won't be able to deal with, I'm sorry to tell you but you probably will not be going to boot camp or any other program like that. The bootcamp does not have those resources and a you have to be cleared by medical in order to go and if you have issues that require them to bring you out of bootcamp i am truley sorry but they won't pass you....

Depending on what institution and what level you are classified when something of that nature arises you have one of two choices. I believe that you can go to a private viewing, or see them on a death bed. But as your custody points and classification goes down you have more options availiable.

There is always a concern for contraband within the facility, not just with visits.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:34 AM

Default reply

Quote:
You will get searched many times. Sometimes for reasons no one can explain. They might see you and pull you to the side just to search you... This is what i would adapt myself to if I were you.... Get used to the fact that correctional officers are going to search you many many many times. At any time they can search you and they don't even have to have a reason.

The prison will be able to provide any care that you may need, and if for some reason they can't then they will deal with it at that time. Like i said, they have everything you may possibly need.

Also, If you have all these medical issues that a prison won't be able to deal with, I'm sorry to tell you but you probably will not be going to boot camp or any other program like that. The bootcamp does not have those resources and a you have to be cleared by medical in order to go and if you have issues that require them to bring you out of bootcamp i am truley sorry but they won't pass you....

Depending on what institution and what level you are classified when something of that nature arises you have one of two choices. I believe that you can go to a private viewing, or see them on a death bed. But as your custody points and classification goes down you have more options availiable.

There is always a concern for contraband within the facility, not just with visits.
i think i can help explain why they can decide anytime to give an inmate any type of search is because its thier job and were bound by the rules and regulations once we start the system until were out. well far as adapting being searched anytime by a male or female co i already kind of adapted that when i was in jail last time along with i have nothing to hide, their jobs,rules and regulations, saftey all the way around. you have to look at it from their side of the deal. when i had to do a strip search in county i was a little nervous and embarresed because im not used to undressing in front of a male. i think it results from my school days. for the private viewing or bedside ill wear the issued clothing/footwear along with shackles? i know theres a concern for contraband 24/7 but my worry or concern is what do i do if i see contraband that isnt mine because i dont want to go to the hole wearing the uniform issued/footwear being in regulr clothing? you must of heard from the email replys you were waiting for?
Old 10-13-2004, 09:27 AM

If it is in your cell, then throw it away fast, get it out of the area, If you see someone else with it, You have to decide if you want to just ignore it and walk away, or report it to correctional officers. I guess there is reprecussions for both. It's a double edged sword.

My advice, Do our own time, Don't get involved with people who will be involved in any kind of activity that will put you at risk. Don't let your eyes wander around too much, Then you won't have to worry about seeing that kind of thing.

*****Importaint******* The first thing you should do when you get assigned to your cell area. Check everything, under the bed, towel bar, locker, mattress to make sure there isn't nay holes in it. Check for razor blades, nails, anything like that, which can be considered contraband. If it is in your cell.. IT IS YOURS!!!! That is the way it is looked at within the DOC. So everytime you move to another cell, check that one. If ouget a room mate ya better have a talk with him, but most likely he will have a chat with you, if he has done anytime, he will not want you to bring any of that into the room. Because anything in the room affects both inmates.

Peter

No i have not hear back from my email reply's. I did hear back from my old caseworker and i was hoping that she would be able to get me the information, but she isn't working in case managment anymore so she gave me someone elses name. I got that address yesterday and haven't had time to email him. But will do so today..

Peter
Old 10-13-2004, 09:10 PM

Default reply

Quote:
If it is in your cell, then throw it away fast, get it out of the area, If you see someone else with it, You have to decide if you want to just ignore it and walk away, or report it to correctional officers. I guess there is reprecussions for both. It's a double edged sword.

My advice, Do our own time, Don't get involved with people who will be involved in any kind of activity that will put you at risk. Don't let your eyes wander around too much, Then you won't have to worry about seeing that kind of thing.

*****Importaint******* The first thing you should do when you get assigned to your cell area. Check everything, under the bed, towel bar, locker, mattress to make sure there isn't nay holes in it. Check for razor blades, nails, anything like that, which can be considered contraband. If it is in your cell.. IT IS YOURS!!!! That is the way it is looked at within the DOC. So everytime you move to another cell, check that one. If ouget a room mate ya better have a talk with him, but most likely he will have a chat with you, if he has done anytime, he will not want you to bring any of that into the room. Because anything in the room affects both inmates.

Peter

No i have not hear back from my email reply's. I did hear back from my old caseworker and i was hoping that she would be able to get me the information, but she isn't working in case managment anymore so she gave me someone elses name. I got that address yesterday and haven't had time to email him. But will do so today..

Peter
i dont know what i would do because it would have do depend on the situation. 50% of going to the hole, written up, or be somebodys toy. is there alot masterbating or they would like to have sex with you? can you get in trouble if they catch or see you doing one of those? for yur advise thats similiar what i did in county. also id have 100% being put in the hole? thank you for contacting you old case worker ad got a refferal to talk to. thank you for today on emailing that lead.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:34 AM

Default more questions

[quote=JAM29]i dont know what i would do because it would have do depend on the situation. 50% of going to the hole, written up, or be somebodys toy. is there alot masterbating or they would like to have sex with you? can you get in trouble if they catch or see you doing one of those? for yur advise thats similiar what i did in county. also id have 100% being put in the hole? thank you for contacting you old case worker ad got a refferal to talk to. thank you for today on emailing that lead. do they allow prison marriage and are there like work crews or a chain gang? once there in st.cloud ill be put in a cell like a bull pen untill they take a certain amt of the other inmates to get searched, deloused,showered,issued clothing/footwear, health services,physical and placed in 23/7 lockdown?
Old 10-14-2004, 08:05 AM

Default more ?s

[quote=JAM29][quote=JAM29]i dont know what i would do because it would have do depend on the situation. 50% of going to the hole, written up, or be somebodys toy. is there alot masterbating or they would like to have sex with you? can you get in trouble if they catch or see you doing one of those? for yur advise thats similiar what i did in county. also id have 100% being put in the hole? thank you for contacting you old case worker ad got a refferal to talk to. thank you for today on emailing that lead. do they allow prison marriage and are there like work crews or a chain gang? once there in st.cloud ill be put in a cell like a bull pen untill they take a certain amt of the other inmates to get searched, deloused,showered,issued clothing/footwear, health services,physical and placed in 23/7 lockdown? what type of programs are you refering to that are similiar to boot camp? do they still refer the bus as bus therepy or diseal therapy and are we connected on the bus?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:44 AM

Jam perhaps you should see if you can visit a prison before you go. They do have tours both at County Jail and at State Prison. It is always going to be a foreign environment no matter how much you try to prepare yourself before you go.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:59 AM

Great Idea, Inside Out.. I know that Saint Cloud has tours and other prisons have tours. This would be best in your situation if it is possible.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:13 AM

Default reply

Quote:
Great Idea, Inside Out.. I know that Saint Cloud has tours and other prisons have tours. This would be best in your situation if it is possible.
thank you for this suggestion because thats what ill do on the places that were mentioned. ill also be working on it so i can plan it in my schedule.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:34 PM

Default book

after that suggestion i found a book that i had called inside the walls drugs,prison,gangs and recovery written by russell j.simon jr which referces to st.cloud,,the hole,including oak park heights. its a good book which i had since job corp back in 1997 approx.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:44 PM

I have a question! My husband just got 42 months. He is starting in St. Cloud prison for orientation. Can they have visitors? If not when can they start having visitors? Where do they usually send people for DUI"S?

Old 06-04-2005, 05:47 PM

Sorry to get to this a little late....

Your husband will send you a visiting application. Fill this out completely and return it as soon as possible. He can have visits as soon as he gets off (Quarintine) which usually lasts about three days. So the sooner he gets that to you the sooner you can get in to visit. He will be able to call after about five days as soon as he gets a phone pin, and upon intake he recieves two envelopes to mail out. So hopefully he'll use them to send you the visiting App....