Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:03 AM

Default Parole Discharge warrant check

Everyone so this is basically the first time my mooching out to the community here, and I am reaching out because I'm not sure where else to go or who else to ask. I'm on parole for the State of California I'm set to discharge parole in less than 20 days. For the last couple months apparently I've had a warrant for not showing up to court on a pending misdemeanor paraphernalia possession charge. I had a private attorney but before everything gets settled I stopped being able to pay him and have not been assigned a public defender as of yet I want to take care of this but I'm scared that if I show up to court I will be arrested cuz of the bench warrant I'm afraid that before I discharge parole they might do a final check for any outstanding warrants similar to the one that they do before they release you from prison does anyone know for a fact there's a separate final check for warrants besides your agent normally checking? I'm trying to decide in next 7 days if I need to figure out how the hell I'm going to get the money to hire another private attorney to recall the warrant again or if I have a chance of still being able to discharge parole on time I'm on parole after serving two years in State Prison find pc459 charge thanks in advance for any feedback or help in figuring this out
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2019, 04:52 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,071 Times in 12,747 Posts

Since the case happened while you were on parole, you are exposed to at least two problems. The incident itself, and failing to report it to your PO. I don't know anything about the procedures followed by CA POs when they are working on discharging someone's parole, but my guess is that it will include an updated criminal records check.

Two possible options are to hope the PO won't check, or reporting it to your PO yourself. Since so much is at stake, asking a lawyer for advice before deciding seems prudent.