Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:11 PM

Default In SAFP relapse program for 4 months but they list it as being 6 months!?

Help! My fiance was sent to a safp relapse program in glossbrenner unit which is only suppose to be for 4 months but they have him down for 6 months. I have tried to contact his attorney [whom bye has already been paid to defend him] and he has not returned my calls or replied to my text messages. From what I understand, only the attorney can fix this issue. Please if anyone has any suggestions or resources I would love to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2017, 06:33 PM

Thanked 11,099 Times in 6,007 Posts

You do not indicate whether this is a placement on a parole violation or whether this is a court-imposed placement as a probation violation. However, there are absolutely times where the lengthier term will be utilized if the problem was pervasive enough.

And look on the bright side...if this is a probation placement, then they get the credit for the time when they screw up enough to be revoked to TDCJ time.

Without knowing when the transfer took place or when you were trying to reach the attorney, today is/was a holiday. Not all offices were open. Further, attorneys are just like other people and take vacations from time to time. Others like to get the full story from an agency before returning a call so that they can do something other than return the call and say 'well, I cannot tell you anything right now because I don't know anything...'