Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada Parole, Probation & Legal Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2016, 10:15 AM

Arrow Alberta Parole Suspended

So here we are.... My fiancé got out on stat release May5th.... this past week he had his parole suspended. He did make a mistake. My goal here is to give information that may help others avoid the tremendous heartbreak I am experiencing now.....

When your guy gets out on parole or whatever, if he is to be in a halfway house I can't stress enough how adamant you need to be that he doesn't develop friendships in there. "Birds of a feather flock together" and it's like the blind leading the blind. Another guy in the house called my fiancé and said "hey come see me I'm at this restaurant" my guy went and the other guy ordered him a beer and he had a sip and left... He had called me right when he got there and then called me literally 8 mins later and he had left. I told him he was an idiot because he had just violated a condition.He agreed and proceeded to call and text his Parole Officer... He was unavailable..... about 2 hours later the other guy shows up at the halfway house intoxicated and is arrested 30 mins after. My guy texts his PO again... no response. This all happened on a saturday. Monday my guy is arrested. It takes his PO a few days to come and see him and he tells his PO everything. The PO decides to revoke him anyhow. We both argued that my guy DID try and contact him... PO didn't care. The other guy ratted out my guy. I wish I had pressed the concern to his PO weeks ago that this other guy should be no where near my guy. I am not saying my guy should be free but I can't stress enough the importance of good supports for a person when they are released. We only have each other. I am flooded with so many emotions and I feel completely failed by the system. They never gave my guy any programs. We had even asked. My guy asked, I ASKED... I recommended it at his intake meeting when he was released. I am so pissed that my guy never had the support for programs. It makes no sense how there were other guys in the Halfway house that got wasted, high, fought and THEY were released even though they had no employment or anything. My guy had a job, and was accepted into school. Now it's all gone.

DO NOT TRY parole in alberta. The NDP might be in but this is STILL a conservative province.

If your guy gets out try and be patient and not fight too much. The reintegration process for us was hard. I had been so used to taking care of everything as thats how it had to be while I was out here and he was in THERE. The power struggle we experienced after he was released was the root of every lil petty fight we had.Now that he is gone I am so mad at myself for allowing my pride and childish behaviour ruin the precious short time we had. They say the first 6 weeks out is very hard... it is. Now we won't be able to talk for GOD KNOWS HOW LONG.....

He said he can appeal to the PBC because his PO referred his case to them now... I pray to GOD that they impose new conditions and let him out again. Has anyone ever had a loved one who got sent back to prison and the PBC reinstated STAT release?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2016, 08:08 PM

Thanked 11,099 Times in 6,007 Posts

So basically he screwed up within the first few weeks of release and you are blaming the region being conservative for the revocation of supervision? Sounds like your LO has snowed you over his inability to follow the rules and abide by the mandates of supervision.

No amount of a support network is going to stop someone from being stupid that wants to believe that they can color in shades of grey. It isn't that difficult to avoid being arrested if someone is truly motivated to follow the rules...