Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Prison & Legal News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Prison & Legal News & Events News and articles dealing with Massachusetts prison and criminal justice system, plus legal issues and topics

Old 03-31-2009, 12:46 PM
Loving My Papi Chulo

Default Help! Any pending legislation re:good time?

Are there any bills waiting to be signed to give more good time to state prisoners? I have been reading all this information about good time for federal prisoners but my boyfriend doesnt have a federal case. Also does anyone know how many good time days in a year can be earned at MCI-Concord? My boyfriend is a kitchen worker and I know they get 2 1/2 days but they dont have any programs over there so how do they accumulate good time days?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2009, 02:45 PM

I haven't seen anything in the works for good time. Once your boyfriend gets moved to a permanent facility he will be able to apply to programs.

The Following User Says Thank You to pristock230 For This Useful Post:
gigglez87 (04-01-2009)
Old 04-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Closed

Smile Good time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglez87 View Post
Are there any bills waiting to be signed to give more good time to state prisoners? I have been reading all this information about good time for federal prisoners but my boyfriend doesnt have a federal case. Also does anyone know how many good time days in a year can be earned at MCI-Concord? My boyfriend is a kitchen worker and I know they get 2 1/2 days but they dont have any programs over there so how do they accumulate good time days?
They used to give good time for program and meeting participation along with work. Ask your man to see his Caseworker. He can fill him in on who and how good time is earned. FAMM is working on a reform of mandatory minimum sentencing law for drug offenders. Contact Barbara Dougan at 617-543-0878. Her email is: bdougan@famm.org The website is: www.famm.org Good luck.