Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:02 PM

Default This is what I was looking for

...but I'm not in a position of support for my wife.

She's currently serving 10 years for 2nd degree manslaughter of our 4 year old daughter.

Needless to say, this is not a typical issue...so it's been incredibly challenging for me to find any kind of support.

I'm trying to deal with incredible amounts of anger and bitterness towards her. Incredible amount of betrayal. She had lied to everyone about what had happened to our daughter that morning...but eventually it caught up with her and she asked for a plea bargain (10 years - Man 2) rather than take it to trial and get 50 to life.

My goal now, is to protect our remaining children, divorce her, and move on as best I can.

Looking forward to reading more from everyone.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,527 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Hadenuff View Post
...but I'm not in a position of support for my wife.

She's currently serving 10 years for 2nd degree manslaughter of our 4 year old daughter.

Needless to say, this is not a typical issue...so it's been incredibly challenging for me to find any kind of support.

I'm trying to deal with incredible amounts of anger and bitterness towards her. Incredible amount of betrayal. She had lied to everyone about what had happened to our daughter that morning...but eventually it caught up with her and she asked for a plea bargain (10 years - Man 2) rather than take it to trial and get 50 to life.

My goal now, is to protect our remaining children, divorce her, and move on as best I can.

Looking forward to reading more from everyone.

Joe

Hi Joe,

You are certainly welcome at PTO, but you may find a victim support site better suited to your needs.

There are literally thousands of those type support sites on the Internet - just do a search on Google for victim support or victim rights. There's only a handful of sites that support those who are supporting incarcerated loved ones like PTO.

Again, you're more than welcome here, but I suspect one of the many hundreds to thousands of victim support sites on the 'Net might be a little more suited to your needs.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysbeth View Post
Hi Joe,

You are certainly welcome at PTO, but you may find a victim support site better suited to your needs.

There are literally thousands of those type support sites on the Internet - just do a search on Google for victim support or victim rights. There's only a handful of sites that support those who are supporting incarcerated loved ones like PTO.

Again, you're more than welcome here, but I suspect one of the many hundreds to thousands of victim support sites on the 'Net might be a little more suited to your needs.
Ah, ok...thank you.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Diehard Browns Fan

Hello there all.

Met my gal starting off as pen pals. After six months of letters, she wanted to call. That's worked out pretty well and now she wants me to visit. I'm in Ohio, she in Nevada. So I've decided to make a big vacation of it and ride my Harley out to visit her this summer, while in Vegas. (She's a bike mechanic, we hit it off real well.)

Been reading lots of the threads on this site for a while, but never registered. I had noticed early on that she never put stamps on the "right" way. I chalked it up to her being in a hurry. This week I happened on a thread that explained there were hidden meanings behind stamp placement on letters. Went back through all her letters to me and sure enough she has been sending lots of subliminal messages to me. After the stamp thread I decided to register, say hi, and thank everyone for all the useful info.

So thanks all!
Old 02-14-2010, 03:42 PM

Default standing poast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
name is jsnake......short for jake the snake, from the years in the military(one bad ass lean mean fighting machine, but now a tubby mean fighting machine).Born in the year 1958...cancer on the cusp of leo.
normal military childhood. Graduated with Honors in High School.
Enlisted in Army while in high school, the day after graduation, on a bus to Basic Camp. Honors at Basic.
Advanced Training..Airborne, Rangers....year later, transferred to Presidential Honor Guard In D.C.....performed funerals for Joe Louis, General Omar Bradley and was a Tomb Guard for 8 months.
Left the Military after 4 years, a E6.
Regular mundane jobs for years with a marriage or two in between...all diasters with them having affairs.
I got involved helping the SO out of doing the right thing to do and nothing else but of course it turned or appeared to me into more....feelings get hurt, trust is broken yet still supporting the SO, cus its the right thing to do.She is about to get out soon, so the probation folks say, she says she will move to me, yhet i know from my soureces this is not likely due to her other contacts which she doenst know i know of. I been doing this for 11 + years and until she is outfrom those walls, i continue but then i will be free also...finally
I will stand my post and quit my post only when properly re leaved
Old 02-16-2010, 05:55 PM

Default hello all

Quote:
Originally Posted by krummy View Post
Welcome to the Wives & Girlfriends Forum

This is one of the fastest growing forums on PTO, thanks to a lot of great guys and gals. We have our serious moments but also keep it light with humor and a little nonsense. Please take this moment to introduce yourself to our little corner. Tell us something about yourself, what brought you to PTO, and anything you would like to share. Welcome one and all and come back to see us.

Hello I am new to forums in general so please pardon any mistakes i might make.

My girlfriend may be going back to prison for a year due to violating some terms of her work release. She was in rdap while in fed prison and had a year taken off the sentence.

I just joined and am looking for any advice that anyone can offer. I love her deeply. She and I have a very special deep connection. But we have also had our share of problems.

If anyone has any advice or knows the ins and outs of rdap rules ..I would greatly welcome it.

Thanks again in advance for any help.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 PM
DaddyDinero

Hello everybody. My name is Geno and they call me GMoney. I have the love of my life going to the Colorado Dept of Corrections this week for a tech violation of her probation which was terminated by the community corrections after many years there. They took it personal as they thought she was a model offender and later found out that she was driving without permission and went out of town without permission. She got a 4 year prison sentence for that. Could have brought her in house or did some more jail time or isp. Seems a little crazy if you ask me but I don't know much about the system. I hate that judge and DA. Prison Talk has been a great resource of information for me as I try to learn as much as I can. I look to you all for support and guidance through this hellish endeavor.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:10 PM
DaddyDinero

Default stamp placement?

What do the stamp placements mean. I'm new to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessky View Post
Hello there all.

Met my gal starting off as pen pals. After six months of letters, she wanted to call. That's worked out pretty well and now she wants me to visit. I'm in Ohio, she in Nevada. So I've decided to make a big vacation of it and ride my Harley out to visit her this summer, while in Vegas. (She's a bike mechanic, we hit it off real well.)

Been reading lots of the threads on this site for a while, but never registered. I had noticed early on that she never put stamps on the "right" way. I chalked it up to her being in a hurry. This week I happened on a thread that explained there were hidden meanings behind stamp placement on letters. Went back through all her letters to me and sure enough she has been sending lots of subliminal messages to me. After the stamp thread I decided to register, say hi, and thank everyone for all the useful info.

So thanks all!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 PM

Check out the Colorado Forum on here. You will find friendly and knowledgeable people that can assist and answer your questions. I'm not suprised that they put her back inside for that, as in Colorado it's all about the money. Gotta keep them beds full ya know....

Good luck and hope the time goes fast for you two....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDINERO View Post
Hello everybody. My name is Geno and they call me GMoney. I have the love of my life going to the Colorado Dept of Corrections this week for a tech violation of her probation which was terminated by the community corrections after many years there. They took it personal as they thought she was a model offender and later found out that she was driving without permission and went out of town without permission. She got a 4 year prison sentence for that. Could have brought her in house or did some more jail time or isp. Seems a little crazy if you ask me but I don't know much about the system. I hate that judge and DA. Prison Talk has been a great resource of information for me as I try to learn as much as I can. I look to you all for support and guidance through this hellish endeavor.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:58 PM

Hi everyone. My name is Huy, and my girlfriend just got taken away from me a little over a week now. The process is still on going and I must it has been incredibly hard without her around anymore. I know she will be back one day and that God is taking care of her.

I have read a few articles, and heard that being a part of a forum will help out. It is great to see a big community coming together to ease the pain and provide information.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:35 AM

Hey my name is kristi and my girlfriends name is becky. She has been sentenced to 3 yrs.8 months and my world has been crushed by her absence not to mention that she has been diagnosed with liver cancer also. Any info on VSPW in Chowchilla CA would be greatly appreciated and also where can i find her a wedding ring what vendor and can they wear rings in prison. Thanks in advance
Old 08-14-2010, 08:45 PM

Hi, Name is Ron and my wife is currently in Lowell CI in florida at the work camp awaiting pre work release to go to hopefully bradenton. She has been there for almost 2 years of a 4 yr sentence. I am currently a single father of 2 small daughters. We are doing the best we can and taking one day at a time.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:41 AM

Hi, Ron! Keep your head up, hun. All THREE of your girls need you. I have found that one day at a time is the very best way to do a lot of things. In fact, it is really the only option we have.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:04 PM

Hey gals- my name is emily and currently my fiance is in jail in brentwood nh.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:13 PM
thug.lyf3_wife4lyf3

=dallaswifey welcome may you recieve all the the PTO love and support you need
Old 09-30-2010, 08:03 AM

Default New to This

Hello, everyone!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:34 AM

My name is John and I was recently (May10) released from Fla. D.O.C. Upon release I tried to help a few friends out by signing them up for "prison pen-pal services". While searching the sites I found a couple of girls I thought I would write and, well, I had no intentions of, but have actually fallen for one of them. My plan was to just bring a little smile to someone because i know how lonely it can be... Now Ive fallen for someone and am actually making plans for her release. This "relationship" has actually kept me out of trouble a few times... We've all of the recidivism rates among convicts, and when all else seems to fail, I can stop and say, "wait, i have a responsibility to someone.. I have a future with someone".

Trust me, This came out of no-where! It shocks me... But it makes my mother smile also when she finds out what exactly is keeping me clean these days. I've since enrolled in school, am doing pretty good at it and have a future in place for myself as well as someone else. I came in here trying to find some info parole in Texas prisons.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:23 PM

John I think it is wonderful that you found Love, and it is wonderful that you are in school and headed in the right direction and of course, If Momma is happy everbody is happy ha ha Welcome to PTO
Old 11-22-2010, 01:35 AM

I am new to this. My girlfriend that I have loved for the past two years was just sentenced for petty theft/commercial burglary 3 years in Cal State Prison but will only do 18 months. She is still at the county jail and we have no idea when or where she will be transferred to state. I visit her 2 a week. She is scared, depressed and gets panic attacks. I am worried about her and I love her so much. I will be there and support her the entire time. I LOVE YOU L.L.L.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:08 AM

I was going to introduce myself on here, but couldn't figure out how. I at least want to start asking questions and finding other people in similar situations to talk to. Please help!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:20 AM

Sorry I forgot to introduce myself first. My name is David, and my wife's name is Ashley. She got sentenced to 7 years in. Illinois for burglary, 2 counts and the judge recommended impact incarceration program. Then they transferred her to a neighboring county to face charges on 4 more counts of burglary. She is the love of my life and we have been together for 9 years. The last few months have been really rough, and I have a 15 year old and we have a 5 year old to take care of by myself now. I have custody of both. I have absolutely no idea how she took care of everything. I would love somebody to talk to.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:25 PM

Hi my names Chris. My girlfriend got sentenced to 9 months in a doc in AZ. I kind of randomly just found this website and im glad i did. Its nice to know im not the only guy waitin on his girl.. thanks guys youve helped me a lot
Old 01-14-2011, 07:13 AM

hello my name is geo37 and im from Florida my girl got sentenced to 23 months but still not sure what prison she is going to she has been in since november she is my best friend and soul mate and would wait a lifetime and a day for her im just glad that i found this place as it has a lot of useful info that i have already used and really just need to talk to someone who is going thru the same to keep my sanity just want to thank you all in advanced
Old 01-16-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc67 View Post
Sorry I forgot to introduce myself first. My name is David, and my wife's name is Ashley. She got sentenced to 7 years in. Illinois for burglary, 2 counts and the judge recommended impact incarceration program. Then they transferred her to a neighboring county to face charges on 4 more counts of burglary. She is the love of my life and we have been together for 9 years. The last few months have been really rough, and I have a 15 year old and we have a 5 year old to take care of by myself now. I have custody of both. I have absolutely no idea how she took care of everything. I would love somebody to talk to.
Welcome to the site and I am sorry you are going through all this. I commend you for being a wonderful father to your kids. It is difficult balancing it all. As to the kids, keep an open communication line. Make sure they know they can talk to you no matter what it is. You may not like it but you would rather hear it from them then someone else. Trust me, my kids did and in the end I ended up hearing things I wished I didn't but I smiled and remembered I told them they could come to me for everything. To this day they do, they are 24 & 20. Live life as though everything you say or do is a memory. In actuality it is. Take it one day at a time, keep your older son active in sports and try to be there as much as you can. I was lucky and able to make it to nearly everything. When my oldest one was getting ready to graduate he said to me, "Mom, thanks for being there and being at my events. I knew when I looked out into the crowd I would find you." I cried. You think they don't appreciate all you do, the sacrifices that you make and the struggle it is to balance it all. they do. It meant the world to hear that from my son. As hard as it was balancing it all I would do it that way all over again. You will make it-you will figure out some sort of a routine that will work. Some days the routine will go out the damn window and you know what, who cares. Everyone is doing well and at the end of the day you still have each other.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadyy View Post
I am new to this. My girlfriend that I have loved for the past two years was just sentenced for petty theft/commercial burglary 3 years in Cal State Prison but will only do 18 months. She is still at the county jail and we have no idea when or where she will be transferred to state. I visit her 2 a week. She is scared, depressed and gets panic attacks. I am worried about her and I love her so much. I will be there and support her the entire time. I LOVE YOU L.L.L.
Welcome to the site. You have found a place that is very supportive. Keep loving her and supporting her. I know you guys don't like to write but do. You never know when a letter lands that will help them get through a bad day. Pick up cards and send them. Re-assure her that she needs to look at the day ahead of her and not the days ahead. Most of all-remind her how much you love and support her. It is amazing how much those words can carry our loved ones through.