Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: DO YOU TELL HIM WHEN YOU GET HIT ON BY OTHER GUYS?
ALWAYS 59 20.21%
SOMETIMES 52 17.81%
DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION 117 40.07%
NEVER 64 21.92%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Two of A Kind

To each their own, but for me - I wouldn't tell him. No need to make him worry and wonder for NOTHING. Most men can act as secure as they want, but there are times (esp. in there) when they aren't feeling so secure. Why give him the ammunition to have this battle in his mind about what you may/may not be doing? JMO.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Donation Award 

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya'sbaby
Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf?

I don't tell him ,cause than it means I would be telling him everyday . If im on the phone with him, sometimes he hears it. He will even tell me to give dude the phone so he can tell him "thats my wife and all of that ur attracted to belongs to me". Or he will say some other stuff about the poonany belonging to him . But on the average, i dont tell him. I just have other things to talk about and me being hit on isnt on the agenda.

If you declined it, than why tell? What will his response be but.."oh ok".

Women here tend to do this, than wonder why there man gives them a hard time about going out. SSSHHHHHHHHHH sometimes!
I agree 100%. I don't tell because it isn't an issue for me. Plus we have too much other stuff to talk about.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Waiting For My Love Love

i dont really give anyone the chance to ask me out or hit on me, because im mostly a inside girl. haha. he is a very jealous man, so he is always asking me "where is my other bf". but i do tell him everything that goes on with me. he is my best friend, he knows everything about me
Old 02-26-2008, 09:29 PM
PlayingTheWaitingGame

Even though he isn't a jealous man, I don't tell him things like that unless he asks about it. He likes to hear the stories of corny lines and my responses, but he'd tell me the same kinda thing is girls hit on him. We really don't care about being hit on because it's just that.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,945 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladii_luck
Even though he isn't a jealous man, I don't tell him things like that unless he asks about it. He likes to hear the stories of corny lines and my responses, but he'd tell me the same kinda thing is girls hit on him. We really don't care about being hit on because it's just that.
EXACTLY my scenario too.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:48 PM

I tell him sometimes that guys ask me out or ask if im available, but I dont go into detail about them.......I always tell them nope im married, so I dont want to bring up every time a guy says somthing to me, it would just upset him....
Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 AM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

LMFAO some of the postings. did not respond to poll cause I do not tell him people hit on me. What I do tell him once and a while when he be slipping and he appreicates it is I choose him others would be a body. Like others said, to get him all ralled up unneccessary is banannas. I have a man who got upset cause of the TV

He is home. Countdown to June 9th Wedding Date

Last edited by hopeful64; 02-27-2008 at 09:10 AM..
Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Closed

I tell him when he asks about it. Unless it was a hit that was just to funny to keep to myself in the first place. But he has it in his head that I get hit on all the time which is just not true. And if I tried to say I don't get hit on, he doesn't believe me anyhow. I do not see the same beauty he sees in me. LOL...Communication & honesty is our 2 most important relationship skills so I have nothing to hide from him. Now there have been times that I will be in a check-out line at the store & he's on the cell phone with me & he can hear the girl at the register & he will tell me to say something stupid like "tell her my husband says hello & that I need a discount" & of course, my dumb ass does it cuz I think its cute & harmless. We are both really friendly people & we both love to make people laugh. So to us its just a game....lmao....
Old 02-27-2008, 10:48 AM
We're made for eachother!

Okay I have a question: DID YOU TELL HIM EVERYTIME YOU GOT HIT ON WHEN HE WAS A FREE MAN???

No I don't tell him when I'm hit on. I only tell him things that I feel he needs to know, and that, my dears, he does not need to know...
Old 02-27-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2's Lady
Okay I have a question: DID YOU TELL HIM EVERYTIME YOU GOT HIT ON WHEN HE WAS A FREE MAN???

No I don't tell him when I'm hit on. I only tell him things that I feel he needs to know, and that, my dears, he does not need to know...

WERE A MWI COUPLE

MY HEART IS HOME!!!! AND WERE MARRRRRRIED
Old 02-27-2008, 11:12 AM
We're made for eachother!

Wink OH, sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveStar
WERE A MWI COUPLE
Oh sorry, my bad .

But still, I just don't think that's something he needs to hear about. I just feel like its like opening "Pandora's Box" knowing Kirk like I know him. And also, it would be like, what am I telling him this for??? What am I trying to prove to him??? Women get hit on all day everyday, how is telling him this making our relationship stronger or better???
Old 02-27-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2's Lady
Oh sorry, my bad .

But still, I just don't think that's something he needs to hear about. I just feel like its like opening "Pandora's Box" knowing Kirk like I know him. And also, it would be like, what am I telling him this for??? What am I trying to prove to him??? Women get hit on all day everyday, how is telling him this making our relationship stronger or better???
LOL NO NEED TO BE SORRY YOU DIDNT KNOW

BUT EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS RIGHT AND TRUE........ THANKS

MY HEART IS HOME!!!! AND WERE MARRRRRRIED
Old 02-27-2008, 05:45 PM
loving my hubby

I couldn't have said it better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLWWIFE
I Tell My Husband But He's My Husband And He Sees These Things As Compliments. But My Friend Doesn't Tell Her Boyfriend Because He Sees It As Disrespect Or A Threat And Gets All Upset About It. So I Guess It Depends On The Man You Don't Want To Cause Him Any Extra Stress But Only You Know How He Takes Things.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:15 PM

no i don't tell him why would i want to make him feel insecure while he is in there most men in prison are insecure enough as it is, with the wanting to knwo why i didin't answer the phone on the first ring and why i didn;t send him twenty letters one day i would never tell him and besides guys can hit on me all they want i am not impressed with any except on

Old 02-28-2008, 12:18 AM

Yeah I tell him most times..mostly just laugh it off..only if its someone a little weird or someone I work with I prolly would keep it to myself, don't want him stressing when he's stuck in prison
Old 02-28-2008, 12:34 AM

I dont see a point in just telling him out of nowhere i would only tell him if he asked.....but my honey never does ask cause he already knows it happens...his own friends used to hit on me right in front of him when he was out.....but he trusts me......lol he does like it when I tell him that other GIRLS hit on me! lol he's silly

Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 AM

lol..don't know why but this topic reminded me of a CRAZY situation. talk about getting hit on and would you tell your man. how about getting hit on in front of your wife . there used to be a female c.o. that i got close to while in. she ran the maintenence dept. i worked in. often times she would assign everyone else jobs and keep me back so we could kick back and talk. we used to get along really well, talk about all sorts of stuff. NEVER would i have told my wife about this! well, she used to have visit room duty every tuesday afternoon and my wife's schedule changed and she started coming on tuesdays. immediately she took a dislike to her. not liking her because she was good looking and felt she had NO reason working in a man's prison. didn't take long for the fireworks to start. she asked one day "why does that c.o. keep looking at me? " "what's her problem?" i'd tell her i don't know...after the visi this c.o. would tell me- guess your wife doesn't like me...lol.. after a few times i told my wife that she ran the maintenence dept. my wife was like "don't you work in maintenence?" lol...man, it's wasn't a good idea some things are better left un said . before long it was straight out war! my wife would look at her and spell out with her lips
"f**k you" the c.o. one time came over and bent down to my wife's height and said "can't wait to strip search your man when he's done "
"he's got a great body " the next day her and i had a talk, told her she needs to relax. i know you're just bustin her @ss a little but she's thinking it's for real . her response was "you can do better than her anyway. " fortuantely i was transfered min. shortly afterwards learned my lesson, should have kept my mouth shut she never did believe me that nothing happened & felt helpless because i was "in there" and she was out there and there was nothing she could do or even know for that matter. c r a z y ..

Last edited by walkintall; 02-28-2008 at 06:40 AM..
Old 02-28-2008, 07:17 AM

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,684 Posts

Old Boy knows it happens all the time and it doesn't bother him. He says if he didn't have me he'd be trying also. He knows they aren't going to get anywhere and isn't bothered by it.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:45 PM

Default with me

I tell abe everything because i do not want no secrets, i do not want anybody saying i am some sort of slag. that when he is not there i just flirt, i really do not flirt anymore, i am over that stage in life when i wanted guys to compliment me and everything like that, i more want people to love my mind and not my body.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:39 PM

I don't think it means your being dishonest or keeping secrets if you don't tell him....I mean do yall tell you man every time you take a dump? its nothing different cause just like being hit on its something that happens to everyone wether either of you want it to or not...so why brag about it lol I know some of you say you and your man share eveything and thats cool if yall can tell eachother stuff like that without getting mad then by all means tell him! but if you have to question wether or not to tell him then just leave it alone cause then he'll start to question himself on wether or not your faithful and then he'll become insecure and then its just a big ol cluster fuck from there on..lol but like one of theese post had said previously I would only tell him stuff like that if he starts slippin and not appeciating you...lol

Last edited by Marsha_Lopez1; 02-28-2008 at 01:41 PM..
Old 02-28-2008, 04:16 PM
He's Finally Home!

i tell him when im mad at him. He hates hearing about it so when im mad i bring it up. Otherwise well ya i do tell him

R.I.P JESSE
3/15/81-12/15/13
MY FIRST LOVE, MY BEST FRIEND, YOU KNEW ME BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF, I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU, I WILL NEVER GET OVER THIS. I am sorry for not being there and living up to my promised friendship.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Donation Award 

Sometimes, if something happens that I see as funny, like when one of my daughter's classmates said I was hot, I tell him. But for the most part, I keep it quiet. We have other things we can talk about and why play games and add to his insecurity?
Old 03-01-2008, 02:03 PM

No. Every female on this planet has been hit on so that is no big surprise when it happens. I don't want to upset him and it means nothing to me so why spring something on him for something so petty as being hit on.. I just deal with it and go on. I don't like drama in any form. It would seem immature to run and tell him every time some man is trying to come on to me.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:26 PM

I tell him because its such a shock to have it happen at all...and what can I say I run at the mouth and can't keep anything to myself most of the time and the man only has to look at me to get something out of me... so might as well get it out in the open and over and done with

I am working so many hours that I don't care what I look like when I am out because I am so tired a guy could be standing in front of me and drop to his knees and ask me to marry him and I would just move to the side and walk right on by and not even hear him.. I really don't even care I look like when I just get off work and really I look at it like, they don't know you so don't sweat the small stuff you got better things to worry about. So when I get hit on, it kind of blows me away plus I don't really know about it till its really bad because I just do not pay attaction to anyone when I am out and around I get in and get out and thats it.

Always and Forever
Deborah & George

My George is Home
March 1, 2012

Last edited by or-mtwt; 03-01-2008 at 02:48 PM..
Old 03-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

He mentions it more than I do. He will mention some CO was staring too long or something. I never notice those things. He has several pictures of me and he says people often comment on them. Some guy asked his permission to draw me (I thought it was kind of weird). I don't do that whole jealous thing.