Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:08 AM

Default hubby revoked prob. and just sentenced to 15 months and he was credited 9 months...

Hi my hubby revoked his probation..and he just had court friday and the judge sentenced him 15 months time and he already served 9 months ( thank god he got no bond) lol..the judge told him he might be out in the summer ..july will be 12 months hes been locked up but 15 months is til october... im wondering why did his lawyer say he will be out by mid july or august and the same lawyer told him he will get out october ...can they credit those last 2 months since he is being "good' ...also he is in a detention center 60 miles from here im afraid they might move him somewhere very far that i cant visit him...i mean i have a newborn son...and a 15 month old daughter that needs to see their daddy often cause if not they will forget about him...and he is not a bad person..will they send him to a prison or a nearby jail? please help. since its a federal felony he only has 6 months to go..and one of my dads friends works with the DA (federal) and he was there at the sentencing he also to my dad that my husband will probably stay at the detention center where he is 4a month or less ..then they would move him ( close to houston) im not sure where for a month and they might send him to a halfway house...the lawyer did not tell us that im wondering if that dumbass lawyer did not listen cause when the judge was talking to my husband and the lawyer right next to him..my husband said they lawyer was drawing i mean that dumbass is supposed to listen not draw..umm...i was wondering can my dads friend be right? since he knows more about the law i mean what state jail or prison is close to Houston or three rivers?his felony was transporting illegal immigrants..the judge gave him 9 months for that and he had probation and was almost done with it in 2 months but he messed up anyways he gave him 6 months for that revoked probation.cause he just needed 2 more months from today. I hope I did not confuse anybody.....but please can I have some help?

Waiting for my hubby in 4 to 6 months

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2007, 12:22 PM

I am not an expert on good time calculations, but he will get 54 days off for the year and a couple of days for the extra 3 months, so you are looking at right at 2 months off a 15 month sentence, that means he should be home the end of August depending on his arrest date. TxRhino will probably be around soon to give an exact number of days. Most lawyers know very little about what happens after sentencing. He might stay in the Houston center heck the BOP might send him to another facility for a few months, it is hard to say what might happen. Just keep checking the locator and see if he goes in transit also look to see if a release date is shown after a couple of weeks. They would not put him in a state facility, so since Houston is close lets hope they keep him there. Good luck and know he will be home soon.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Registered

imissraul,

The 15 mnths he was given will earn him roughly 58 days of GTC. If he has served 9 mnths and earns almost 2 mnths of GTC that is 11 mnths + he should get about 1.5 mnths of HWH so that should get him out from "Behind the Wall" In the later part of July.

Keep the Faith

Michael

"You have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow"
Old 04-05-2007, 10:21 PM

Red face

what is GTF? and i also wanted to mention that the judge didnt say anything about HWH the lawyer asked about it but we didnt get an answer. so im not sure about that.. but i do know that he was given 15 months time but he has served 9 months already and was credited. on july will be 12 months so october will be 15 months and he was ordered to do 3 more years of probation and 90 hours of community service. you think he might get 2 months credit so he can come out in july or august. cause the judge told him that he would be out by this summer..* i dont know what summer means to him*lol. hope to get an answer soon..thankz,

Lorena
Old 04-06-2007, 05:46 AM
Don't try, DO!

GTC = Good Time Credit, the time off his sentence that he can earn for behaving himself inside.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:29 AM

The judge can not order halfway house time unless it is part of the sentence like 5 months prison 5 months halfway house. The BOP is the one who is in charge of HH time, given it is already April he will most likely just take it to the door especially if he is still in the detention center. Keep checking the locator next few weeks his release date will probably pop up since he is in Federal custody already. Keep us updated on how you are.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM

so BOP can give him HWH time like for ex, he stays in detention for a month or less then send him to jail or "prison" im not sure where they would send him for a month then to hwh?

Waiting For My love

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

True love never fails

IS it July 16,2007 Yet?????

Old 04-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Registered

imissraul,

Please read my post above... I have broken everything down for you except whether he will be moved. There is no way to second guess BOP on this; however, with so little time left one would hope he stay put right where he is.

Keep the Faith

Michael

"You have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow"