Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: How often do you cheat on your man
never 1,098 77.98%
rarely 172 12.22%
occasionally 108 7.67%
all the time 30 2.13%
Voters: 1408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2005, 07:31 PM

Well I really don't think this is cheating, If you meet a guy and he is just a friend. Well that is happening to me my man has not trusted me since he went in 2003, he alos, says he never trusted me b4. I have been faithful to him since day one telling him who I have met & what guys say to me when I go out. well a couple of months ago I did meet someone and we became and still our friends. He is a good person & my man knows everything about him & he knows everything about my man. But, still don't trust me, I tell him he can meet him when he gets out! Last night when my man called I told him I have had enough I can't deal with his issues anymore & that we need to not be together anymore if he can't trust me. I have done so much for him it makes me sick to my stomach. I can't take his B/S any more we need to just let each other go because I am afraid he will never change his ways!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2005, 09:55 PM

The first time he got locked up in 1999 we called it splits so I don't consider that cheating, but in his eyes I cheated on him because I told him that I would always be there for him no matter what. Since he has been down this time (since 9-02) I have not even thought about being with anyone else. I love him too much. I would have to agree with everyone else. I took my wedding vows very seriouosly the day I said "I do"

forever in love

Keeping it real club #24

Old 11-22-2005, 11:27 PM

Arrow some are so confused

To begin with true love is a very beutiful thing that is very hard to find. Why do I say that? well its simple read in the Bilble 1 corinthians chapter 13 verse 4 - 13 okay. I have never even thought about cheating because when u are trully in LOVE u dont have eyes for someone else therefore whoever feel those "urges" isn't that a sign that u are not in love? Oh and by the way if u want a man to respect u, respect urself first because sooner or later they will find out and then u will face the consequences. Not only will it affect ur relationship but ur reputation as well and its even worse if there are children in the marriage/relationship lol.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:43 AM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Never did and never will.....I did a 13 year bid and stayed busy with my kids and my work. I'm doing another bid--staying even busier with our daughters and my job. I made a committment--for better or worse and I will honor that til the day I die.
I can't imagine being with another man after being with the same man for 19 years....I couldn't do it to my husband or our daughters. Things happen in life for a reason and this is just another obstacle we have to hurdle.
I love him way too much to even think about another man and I truly believe that no matter how hard it is right now, the future holds wonderful things for us. Just gotta be really patient!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 12:38 PM

No, men bore the hell out of me. I am fortunate to have this man who does not bore me but that is rare. Men are basically the same , all out for the meat and I am nauseated by the bull .
Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 AM

I have a full-time job and I go to school full-time. I come home and have 2 boys to take care of. Even if I wanted to, I surely don't have time. Good thing is I don't want to. I think about him 24/7 and the thought of being with someone else doesn't even enter my mind.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:45 PM

Default I totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygurl919
I'm not gonna lie, I've cheated... a few months after he first got locked up (a while ago). I'm not gonna sit here and make excuses for myself, but he does know about it. However, I'm older now, more mature, more responsible, more able to control myself (though sometimes it's still hard). Sure, I might get 30 minutes of satisfaction, but (a) I'm not even sure I'd be able to enjoy it and (b) I would feel like complete crap afterwards. So I just find other ways to suppress those urges... and I hope I can keep it up for another 4 years.
I also cheated once. It was 6mths after he went in and after a lot of drama and me finding out that he had cheated on me when he was home 2mths into our relationship. He knows about it, there are no secrets on either end and in our case it brought us closer b/c it made us lay EVERYTHING out on the table. It was really hard to forgive, but it was harder just talking about getting divorced. We realize how stupid we had been and how much we love and never want to be without the other.

And the sex doesn't even come close to the sex you have with your man, your heart. That's what made it real easy for me to never do it again. It's not worth it in every way.

Old 11-27-2005, 03:38 PM

NEVER have
Old 11-28-2005, 10:26 AM
loyalty is everything!

hey people,
this is nikki i've been with my man sice 98 we married in 2001. he has been in jail for almost 6 and a half years. I have cheated on him in fact I got a 9 month old daughter. I love my husband but it was just too much. at one point I did not go see him for a year and 5 months. he forgave me though and now we are working on it. he comes home in 2007. all in all I think everybody makes mistakes. but we all know what we are getting into.......
Old 11-28-2005, 10:44 AM
conflicted state of mind

i've known my husband for 18 months and been married to him for a year. in the whole 18 months i've known him, i've never cheated. i've been asked several times but have perservered. i can't give in to fleshly desires no matter how much my body craves it. i love my husband and hope that for however long i have to wait, i'll never give in.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:06 AM
damion's wifey

yeah i did. i mean it was around when he first went in and we werent working it out at that time. im not saying its an excuse but it just happened. it was purely physical, but not everlasting. of course sex with your man is great, especially when there is love between the two. at that point in or relationship we were going through some serious problems and our future was uncertain. but i was the bigger woman. i didnt hide anything i told him and i told him also what do u want to do about this. it took us a month of writing talking on the phone, and lots of realistic thinking to see if we should stay together. i actually thank God for what i did because we grew so close to the point where he can finish my sentences. i never really shared anything personal with me and neither did i with him. now we know each other secrets. i wouldnt change what i did because it was the catalyst that brought us where we are today. our love is stronger, deeper, better. he forgave me, as i forgave him for being locked up because i truly resented him for it. we decided to have a new start and so far its going good. he asked me to be his wife, and even his time got reduced. so everything is going well. i think if i was married to him before it would be drama and harder for him to forgive me, because i think its harder because u stood before GOD and made that committment and vows. i think the only thing i regret was when i told him i saw the hurt in his eyes. but even so, he hurt me as well. so we both decided we wouldnt put each other through that pain ever again.

Damion's ERD- June 1st, 2008

Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 PM
waiting for may 2007

I have never cheated. Sometimes i want to when i feel so alone but i know that i can wait for him and it will be great when we finally get to be Together Again
Old 11-28-2005, 04:57 PM
No One But Him

I could never cheat on my man, he's been there for me no matter what and he's never cheated on me. I could never see myself with anyone else besides my baby. I dont like the idea of a one night stand or booty call but thats just me. Please dont take offense to this if you have cheated, I dont mean to make anyone mad.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Account Closed

i've cheated and hate myself for it. but i love my man and plan on being there WITH him and HIM only!!! tell the end
Old 11-28-2005, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkennedy2002
Well I really don't think this is cheating, If you meet a guy and he is just a friend. Well that is happening to me my man has not trusted me since he went in 2003, he alos, says he never trusted me b4. I have been faithful to him since day one telling him who I have met & what guys say to me when I go out. well a couple of months ago I did meet someone and we became and still our friends. He is a good person & my man knows everything about him & he knows everything about my man. But, still don't trust me, I tell him he can meet him when he gets out! Last night when my man called I told him I have had enough I can't deal with his issues anymore & that we need to not be together anymore if he can't trust me. I have done so much for him it makes me sick to my stomach. I can't take his B/S any more we need to just let each other go because I am afraid he will never change his ways!!
Put yourself in his shoes. If you were in prison and he was paling around with a female and you had to hear him talk about him going out and hanging out with this 'friend', tell me it wouldn't bother you. I don't believe it for a second. Now you're looking for excuses to break up with him and make it his fault. If a woman is in a relationship with a man, she shouldn't be hanging out without her man, with another man.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:05 PM
I can see the light!!!

I've never cheated and I will never cheat on my husband. We

He's BAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life has never been better!

Old 11-28-2005, 11:06 PM
I can see the light!!!

I've never cheated and I will never cheat on my husband. We took our vows very seriously and we would never do that to each other. I too never would have made those vows if I didn't think I could do it. It's funny but I can't even think of another man. I love him too much and no one could ever compare to him.

He's BAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life has never been better!

Old 12-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Donation Award 

i haven't cheated on him in the last 25 years he has been in so why would i know
i took marriage vows seriously
the thought never crossed my mind once
surround my self with family work church and friends
till death do us part so be it
Old 12-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Donation Award 

i haven't cheated on him in the last 25 years he has been in so why would i know
i took marriage vows seriously
the thought never crossed my mind once
surround my self with family work church and friends
till death do us part so be it
Old 12-03-2005, 11:43 AM
TRUE LOVE NEVER FAILS!!!!

whats the point in cheating? if you got to cheat then why bother being in a monogamous relationship? i agree with what the ladies said...i rather end it then to cheat....cheaters are cowards....just my two cents!!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 11:57 AM

I' ve been with someone else since my man has been locked up. But before I did i talked to him about it and we decided that we are just going to be friends and see where we end up when he gets out. So technically no i haven't cheated on him. i'm no longer with the other guy though cause even though i can't be with andrew (my man in jail) i just couldn't stop thinking about him. i know he is the one and is worth waiting for. so me and andrew are best friends right now and hopefully will still be more when he gets out.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Te Quiero mucho papi

I could never cheat on Laz. I love him so much. I don't even think of other guys...Even when I am ...um...taking care of myself ..he the main man in my fantacies...
Old 12-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Outlaw's honey girl

I've never cheated. My man is finally coming home at the end of the month and I can't wait! I have made it clear that if he does something stupid again and gets sent away, I may not be so willing to wait it out.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Here we go again

I could never imagine cheating on my Husband, he is everything I ever wanted.It makes me sick to think of another man touching me.
I have had other boyfriends and even been married before (what a mistake).
I am happy and I will wait, I will be true to vows under God.
He is my one true love.
Faithfully Waiting Club Member #51

Old 12-06-2005, 01:58 PM
He is Home!! Thank God!

I have never cheated either. I plan on keeping my vows that I made before God. I would rather die than cheat cuz I couldnt deal with the guilt and pain it would cause. It's not worth it to me....I love my Husband!