Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: How often do you cheat on your man
never 1,098 77.98%
rarely 172 12.22%
occasionally 108 7.67%
all the time 30 2.13%
Voters: 1408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2005, 01:40 AM
BABY CAKES

Default Do you ever cheat on your man

I have cried my self to sleep everynight since he's got locked up and it's hard for me to think about another guy.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KYRA2005 For This Useful Post:
$Mrs.Chavez$ (03-25-2010), crazycasey183 (01-07-2010), j&c<3 (03-25-2010), Joshsgirl431 (03-25-2010), kellya5107 (01-03-2010), mossey (10-29-2008), mrs. lsmith (05-18-2009), sage26 (01-03-2010), Stephen's girl (03-25-2010), Tina (01-20-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2005, 04:28 AM

He has been in for close to two years now, so you should have been able to learn to cope with it without crying yourself to sleep all the time. Would talking it out with a trusted person (clergy, therapist, self help group, parent) be of help to you?

So why would you want to think about another person? Are you thinking about breaking off any romantic relationship with the man in prison? You are the only one who can make the decision. Besides your job, keep your self well occupied with hobbies, family, church, civic organizations, volunteer work, anything else you can think of. You are still quite young and to spend your evenings all alone, crying about this guy in prison isn't right. If you felt you were doing the right thing, you'd not be asking the question. Please think about it and pray about it....
Old 11-07-2005, 09:36 AM

I've never cheated on him. And I'm not ever going to. In my opinion, I would rather break up with him than cheat on him. I knew what I was getting myself into when I made the decision to be with him. I knew the nights were going to be lonely, there wasn't going to be any physical contact, and that it was going to be very difficult. But, it is a whole lot worse that I could of ever imagined. But we both made a commitment to each other, we are now engaged, and he is my life. Love is a powerful thing. I never thought I would be able to deal with him not being here. But with love anything is possible.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:52 AM

I would never cheat on m boyfriend. If I decided that I wanted to sleep with someone else I would break off our relationship.

Don't get me wrong, the nights are long and lonely without him and sometimes the days can be too, but I try to stay strong and keep away from temptation.

I love my guy and having sex with someone else would be the ultimate betrayal.....
Old 11-07-2005, 11:36 AM
º° Princess °º

I have never cheated on my boyfriend and I hope that I never will, although I can't see into the future, I can't say that I won't ever because I don't know.

When I agreed to wait for him to finish out his sentence I told him that I would do so faithfully, we may have only been together for a year but we have 6 1/2 years to go, and I am always going to do my best to be faithful to him.

I do get lonely, don't get me wrong, but then I allow myself to wonder, would cheating on him be worth losing him over? Because I would have to tell him, as much as I wouldn't want to, I would.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:41 AM

I agree. I would rather break up with Jamie than cheat on him. I love him more than anything and I could never hurt him like that. We've had this conversation over and over again until I am sick of it. I knew what I was getting into when I got involved with him. He's my life.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:42 AM
It's Only Time

So far, So good. I surround myself with friends and my son takes up the rest.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:56 AM
I love my husband

I've never cheated on my husband. To be honest I don't even think of other men. I keep myself busy. Between taking care of his needs, my kids needs and listening to the rest of my family complain, there's no time left but to sleep and clean.
Mrs. W
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 AM

I married my husband for better or worse, till death do us part, and I meant it when I said those vows so NO I have NEVER and WON'T cheat on him.

HE'S HOME!

Old 11-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Strong&amp;amp;Movin'On

I've never cheated on my baby. I just couldn't do it. I mean we have been through so much together and he has always been there. I just couldn't image sleeping with anyone else but him.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:38 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Im at the stage right now, that i dont think about it. I just try to keep myself occupied with other things. I still have those very tearful nights though. I dont think that it ever goes away. I just miss my honey sooo much, and want him home.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,091 Times in 568 Posts

No, I never cheat on my husband. I have no desire to cheat. I took my wedding vows seriously and if I didn't think I could remain faithful, we would have never married. For us marriage means remaining faithful till the end. That is just our opinions and what we choose to live by.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 11-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Came to my senses.....

I've never cheated on my boyfriend, nor will I ever. I made a promise to him before he went in, and in every letter that I've sent him since he's been in. I am not going anywhere, I don't want anyone else. I was there with him the day he was sentenced, and I will be there with him the day he comes home. We had our problems before he went in, he didn't want a relationship going into prison, he'd been hurt in the past. But I've told him, until the day he tells me it's over, I'm not going anywhere but back into his arms when he comes home.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:33 PM
6 years strong &lt;3

I'm not gonna lie, I've cheated... a few months after he first got locked up (a while ago). I'm not gonna sit here and make excuses for myself, but he does know about it. However, I'm older now, more mature, more responsible, more able to control myself (though sometimes it's still hard). I made the mistake a few months ago of letting some guy kiss me at a party, but it's a long story and I don't consider it cheating (nor do I feel the need to justify myself to anyone). Of course I get lonely at times, I'm human. But I need to continually convince myself that it's just not worth it, because it's not. Sure, I might get 30 minutes of satisfaction, but (a) I'm not even sure I'd be able to enjoy it and (b) I would feel like complete crap afterwards. So I just find other ways to suppress those urges... and I hope I can keep it up for another 4 years.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babygurl919 For This Useful Post:
ForgetMeNot111 (09-13-2008), Kanthisbereal (01-03-2010), OneTimer (09-04-2008), ryNncl (08-21-2008)
Old 11-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Artie's One and Only

I have and never will cheat on my husband. I love him to much to even think of another guy or do that. I stay busy with my kids taking up most of my time. I dont go out. The only thing I do is visit with family.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:14 PM
same woman/different name

Never... I can't do that to him or jepardize my family like that, but he has had a relitively short bid. If he was in for many many years, I don't know what would happen or even if I would be with him. I am glad I won't have to find out.

Last edited by Somerdawn; 11-07-2005 at 03:16 PM..
Old 11-07-2005, 03:28 PM

I haven't cheated on my husband, and hope that I never will. We have alot of trust in one another. I don't want to ruin that. He completely trusts me. I can pretty much go where ever I want. I can even go out to the bars and stuff. Cheating has never crossed my mind. However I'm only 6 months in and have 2 and 1/2 years left. I hope that I never get into the situation where it becomes an option. It does get very lonely. I wouldn't judge anyone who did, mistakes do happen. I hope and pray that I have the strength to say no, if it ever comes up!!

2008 Club Member #74
Old 11-07-2005, 03:30 PM

i would rather live without sex for the rest of my natural life then cheat on my man. it is in no way shape or form worth it, i love him way to much to ever do that him. but i think i am gonna be a reborn virgin by the time he gets home. lol

I LOVE YOU BABY ALWAYS & FOREVER
Old 11-07-2005, 08:03 PM

I love my husband more than I can say.............However I learned in my early twenties to never say never.... Maybe someday I'll found the perfect world you'll love in.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:12 PM
loved!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 715 Posts

i'm turned off by other men, i don't even like them to get too close to me. i think if i ever cheated i would feel so empty, disloyal, and dishonest. i would feel...lost and upset. i can't even explain the feeling...but i've felt it before (not from cheating). i know he would leave me if EVER i cheated on him...and it's just not worth it. i only have 1-3 years to go. not that long. i don't even want to cheat, i want to be the wife i promised to be, thank goodness.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:27 PM

I never cheated on my husband and I just look at it like this we all are3 strong womens we waited this long. So if you love your husband or man can't noboby break y'all bond. I just try to stay busy as possible I marry my husband and I can't see myself with another person. It's not worth us losing our love one for some person.
We can do this ladies
Old 11-07-2005, 08:56 PM

I never cheated on my man and he has been locked up for 5 year and I dated him 4 years before he went in

Linda Loves Matthew Forever!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Donation Award 

No I have and never will. I am very content in the relationship I have with my fiancee and would rather live without sex than to live without him.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:07 PM

there is no way in hell i would ever cheat on my man. I have seen what happens to people who cheat. I lived with a couple where the guy was cheating on his wife and she used to sit there and cry to me about all these "rumors" going arouind about her husband cheating on her. I can't stand to think of ever hurting Nick like that..ever!!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:34 PM

I came kind of close to cheating on Mikel once, and he knows about it...but it never actually happened. Plus, the person who the affair almost happened with is also really close to Mikel so even though we were both REALLY tempted, we were able to talk each other out of it. Like, every time one of us would get those little urges, the other would start talking about how wonderful Mikel is and all the good things about him. It would remind us of why we love him and don't want to hurt him. I know that the next 2 years are going to be long and lonely, especially with my state not allowing conjugals, but I also know that that first night with him home will COMPLETELY make up and then some for lost time!