Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:23 PM

Default Reclass/ yard change

My boyfriend is currently on a closed custody yard and went in with a 4/3 classification. Recently he was reclassed to 3/3. Does this mean he will be moved to a three yard? Are the classifications posted online typically accurate? It makes a big difference in his release date so we are both freaking out.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2019, 03:42 PM

If it shows under his classification he is now a 3, he will move to a 3. His release date is correct when they update it.
Old Today, 02:36 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,583 Times in 614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdemi0901 View Post
My boyfriend is currently on a closed custody yard and went in with a 4/3 classification. Recently he was reclassed to 3/3. Does this mean he will be moved to a three yard? Are the classifications posted online typically accurate? It makes a big difference in his release date so we are both freaking out.
That means he will move to a 3 yard.

The posting on line is usually accurate under the inmate data search. At around 6 months they did recalculate my son's release date, when he began the whole "exiting" process. In his case, the release date moved up several weeks. My impression is that they don't claim it as a final official date of release until that 6 months point.

I never calculated it myself, but the DOC rules/procedures that are online show how they figure it - too complicated for me to bother trying to figure it out. My approach was basically they will set a release date and nothing I say will change it. If an inmate has a valid basis on why the posted date is wrong, they take it to their CO3 to address.