Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:43 PM

Default MI reinstated parole without notice to my husband

MI had placed a pv felony detainer on my husband for absconding to AZ. He was picked up here and got a year sentence for non violent charges. He did a summary review and quickly took a plea. MI reinstated his parole and added his 3 months of his absconding to his parole. No letters were written to him here in AZ except one from MI parole board saying he would have a hearing. However; he shows parolee held under custody with exactly 3 months added to be discharged in August. We are to be worried he will be extradited or should we assume he's discharging while serving here? A day after his discharge date is exactly 90 days prior to his release here which is when AZ will notify MI he is due to release. The timing is strange. We just dont know for sure what to think. If we should ask for interstate compact from MI now just to be safe. Our home and every thing is here. I didnt know he was absconding when we married here. It is what it is. Also, he has another in state pick up detainer in MI. When he wrote about it they wrote back saying case closed but it shows open in Vinelinks and even if this parole discharge happens the other pending case detainer prevents AZ from giving him any early release which would be in Sept. Some say he should be requesting a speedy trial on that case.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2018, 08:57 AM

Thanked 3,991 Times in 1,743 Posts

Call the parole office or the court in Michigan. Unfortunately there are too many variables for anyone to give you a solid answer. He needs to get the information from the source.

If he's only in for a year you likely don't have time to ask for interstate compact. It takes a bit of time and since you aren't established in Michigan that would complicate things further.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:42 AM

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,799 Posts

That's all to confusing. I hope you figure it out.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:06 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,038 Times in 16,160 Posts

I can't say whether or not your husband should file for Interstate Compact. He may want to speak with his Case Worker. To help you both understand the IC process, you may want to read through the rules and know the process / timeline. There is still time (IMHO), but the residency requirement is going to depend on how long you've lived there (AZ). You can find IC info / process & rules at the following link:

Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 12:59 PM

I've been in AZ 24 years. Own a home free amd clear. Established Teacher and Realtor. He is here in AZ. Serving time. We believe as his current parole in MI shows discharge date 8/17 that he wont be extradited for PV hearing. Looks to us like he was just simply reinstated. There is time for Interstate Compact for MI to do his parole here IF they extend his parole. Which again it's looking like since he is reinstated he wont face a parole hearing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thatagirl For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 01:07 PM

Thanked 3,991 Times in 1,743 Posts

I apologize, when I first read this I thought I read that you were trying to interstate compact to Michigan. I'm having a hard time really following the post. I still say best bet is to just call and see what's going on.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:17 PM

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatagirl View Post
I've been in AZ 24 years. Own a home free amd clear. Established Teacher and Realtor. He is here in AZ. Serving time. We believe as his current parole in MI shows discharge date 8/17 that he wont be extradited for PV hearing. Looks to us like he was just simply reinstated. There is time for Interstate Compact for MI to do his parole here IF they extend his parole. Which again it's looking like since he is reinstated he wont face a parole hearing.
It doesn't matter how long you've been there it's all about him. He will.more then likely get transferred back to Michigan if you can't get the interstate compact
Old 06-25-2018, 02:40 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,038 Times in 16,160 Posts

But it Does matter how long the OP has been in AZ as far as getting a Mandatory transfer is concerned. But, since she's been there 24 years, it becomes a moot point.

As for the timeline for receiving approval, from the link I posted above:

Rule 3.106 - Request for expedited reporting instructions

patchouli, PTO Admin