Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:02 AM

Question Son in county jail 14 months waiting transfer to LARC in Oklahoma

My son has been in Pottawatomie County jail for 14 months. He was sentenced September 22 to 10 years ODOC 5 in and 5 out (non violent). My understanding is he will be up for parole after serving 20 months. With good time credits I've calculated his parole date as February 1, 2017. What if he hasn't been transferred to LARC by then? Can he be paroled from jail?? Thank you for your help in this matter.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2016, 08:31 PM
Oklahoma - GF in prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy15 View Post
My son has been in Pottawatomie County jail for 14 months. He was sentenced September 22 to 10 years ODOC 5 in and 5 out (non violent). My understanding is he will be up for parole after serving 20 months. With good time credits I've calculated his parole date as February 1, 2017. What if he hasn't been transferred to LARC by then? Can he be paroled from jail?? Thank you for your help in this matter.
I'm speaking from the standpoint of a man who's Fiancee is doing 9 months, so I'll try to help you. What I do know is that they absolutely HAVE TO GO TO A&R if they have been sentenced to prison. So, no, I do not believe he can be paroled from county jail. After he has been classified by his Case Manager after about 2 weeks, he will find out where he will be going, staying at Lexington, Jess Dunn, or wherever... What really needs to happen is that while he is in county, he is a level 2, once he gets to A&R, he'll get that level 3, then...4 will come. I'm sorry to hear that he's been there for 14 months! That's so unusually long!!!!!

Men go to Lexington, Women go to Mabel Bassett in McLoud.

Last edited by L_Richards; 11-15-2016 at 09:13 PM..
Old 11-16-2016, 07:52 AM
Oklahoma - GF in prison

BTW - After he gets through A&R and is assigned to either a prison or CCC, submit to them his SS card and birth cert. and he'll get 30 days knocked off his sentence.
He will know more about how/who to send these documents to once he gets through orientation at the place he finally arrives.
Just be prepared to have these documents to submit. Since you are his Father, you can legally obtain both documents from the Government easily, which I would suggest to do anyway. The Birth Cert. must be original meaning that it has to have that seal. You can have both documents (original with the seal and new) in-hand inside 30 days. You can request the original birth certificate from the State that has the seal on it if you have lost yours or it is in disrepair. He will get them back once he is released also.

Last edited by L_Richards; 11-16-2016 at 08:02 AM..
Old 05-04-2017, 07:14 AM

Default My son is still in county jail and has served 1/3 of his sentence

Thank you L Richards. My son is still waiting transfer to LARC. He has now served 1/3 of his 5 year sentence. I have read the guidelines he should be eligible for parole. This is not counting all his good time at level 2 while in jail. Is there anyone who has a loved one who has exceeded their parole date waiting in county jail for transfer to A & R. Thank you and God bless.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:10 PM

He actually does not have to go to LARC, he may serve all his time right there in county and be released. This is what happened to my man's son. He was charged, served time, but finished his time before getting transferred. He still has a DOC number and everything he just served his DOC time in county jail.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamesleftlol View Post
He actually does not have to go to LARC, he may serve all his time right there in county and be released. This is what happened to my man's son. He was charged, served time, but finished his time before getting transferred. He still has a DOC number and everything he just served his DOC time in county jail.
Hmm..I was told he had to go through LARC. Praying he will be released soon. Thank you for your reply.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:03 PM

Praise God!! My son pulled chained this morning. Thank you Jesus!!