Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 07-19-2015, 08:50 AM

Angry Need Info on the Hole at the Farmington C.C

Can anyone tell me anything about the Hole at the Farmington C.C. in Mo?
My son has been on -l level one for almost 3 years and got a write up and sent to the hole. He has his Parole date and now says he may get transferred to another prison and lose his Minus-one status. They waited almost a week after the write up to send him to the "Hole!" He says he was set up while in the shower that someone planted something in his left opened locker and when he came out of the shower a Guard was searching it and says he found something.
he got another write up from this same Guard about a month ago saying my son refused to do a job for him besides his own job and he didn't go to the Hole but got 10 hrs, of extra work instead and this made the Guard mad. He has already had 2 heat strokes and wasn't allowed to see a Dr. What can I do??
They need to have an Inmate Advocate!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2015, 09:02 PM

It's been several years since I was there, but I could tell you about the hole. What do you want to know?
The Following User Says Thank You to KatfishKarl For This Useful Post:
USPkittie (07-23-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 07:49 AM

I know nothing about it..except for what I have heard and don't know if this is even true or not.whatever you can tell me would be appreciated! Like do they wear clothes or just underwear? Can they have a newspaper or mags? what is the food like? How often do they get out to shower or even outside? Can they talk to anyone else or just the Guards?
Do they have fans anywhere around? Also why they don't have an Inmate Advocate? They need someone to speak on their behalf! If it is the one who did the write up..who else are they going to believe?? Questions..questions! Thank you for taking the time to help me! I am his Mom.
The Following User Says Thank You to skylark21 For This Useful Post:
USPkittie (07-23-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 03:44 PM

Generally, they are dressed in only their underwear or an orange jumpsuit.
You can't order newspapers or magazines for them, but they do have (random) access to books. They don't get to choose the book - it's whatever happens to be given to them. He would have been able to take writing materials and a religious book with him, so he should have them.
The food is the same as the general population.
Shower privileges are random - usually every two or three days - as are outside privileges. There is supposed to be a schedule, but the COs go by it at their whimsy.
Talking usually consists of yelling to other individuals in the hole... it's pretty noisy. The COs do come by and check on people - randomly, again. Inmate workers are prohibited from talking to inmates assigned to the hole, but it happens. No fans, but it does stay - well, relatively cool. (This is mainly due to the design of the buildings.)
As to an inmate advocate - I'm not sure what you mean by this. Inmates do have the right to have another inmate speak on their behalf (kinda like a lawyer) during a violation hearing, but this is seldom used because it pisses off staff and people rarely benefit from it. It's a terrible system, and one that should be addressed.
The hole, in general, is not a fun place to be - but one is generally safe there, if that's your worry. Most people spend a lot of time sleeping, reading, writing letters, or yelling at other inmates. Sorry if I sound cynical - it's because I am. Hopefully your son will be out soon. If you have any more questions, please ask!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KatfishKarl For This Useful Post:
Brokenheartedki (12-14-2015), USPkittie (07-23-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 05:07 PM

Default The Hole

Thank you so much for all the answers! I order him a hometown newspaper and it is mailed to him..does he get any mail? I sent him some puzzles and a card.
He is on -1 Level status and wears shirt and pants and stays away from any troublemakers..but someone set him up and I think the one that told him about it is the snitch.They waited until he went in the shower and planted something in his OPEN locker. He was told they had a "tip" about it. He went to a meeting and his conviction is still "pending" after 2 weeks but he won't to get out until Aug 21st anyway! Thax again!
Old 07-28-2015, 01:24 PM

The -1 status thing is new to me - it didn't exist when I was in. What is that? I guess that's why he's able to wear regular shirt and pants?
He absolutely gets all his mail, and probably would appreciate 10-20 letters a day! ;-) They can't take away the right for a person to communicate with loved ones on the outside (although it has been tried).
Sounds like he is in the hole "under investigation". Usually, this is a situation where someone snitched on someone else and the administration is trying to investigate the situation. The administration also uses this status as a means to get someone "off the hill" - away from General Population - for whatever reason. This could be for their own safety, the safety of others, or (unfortunately this is too often the case) because the CO has a problem with that inmate for whatever reason.
However, if they actually did find something, be it planted or not, he would be in the hole either as punishment or for the safety of himself or other inmates - depending on what the item was.
When you say he won't get out until August 21, I get confused. "He went to a meeting" sounds to me like he's had some sort of preliminary hearing, but is still being kept segregated (i.e. "in the hole"). I hate to say this, but that's usually due to staff members' laziness or lack of empathy for inmates. They really don't work very hard to find the truth about things. However, the fact that he has a "get-out-of-the-hole" date, tells me he's already had a hearing and been found guilty of whatever infraction they charged him with - unless the Aug 21 date is his parole date?
If you don't mind my asking, what was the item that was found in his locker? That makes a big difference in the way staff reacts.
I have to say this, and please understand I wish only the best for your son: Leaving his locker open and unlocked was a huge rookie mistake. An inmate should never, never, never, never, never leave his locker unlocked if he is not right next to it; even worse was the fact he left it open. I have seen way too many things come up missing from lockers, and have seen a couple of times when someone put something in someone else's locker as a joke. Luckily, I was never witness to anyone planting something they shouldn't have. Sorry, but this is kind of "Inmate 101" and he should have known this.
Oftentimes, I find the answers I give about prison life seem to me to be cynical or negative. Please know my intention is not to make others worry about their loved ones even more than they already are, rather, I'm just trying to give a bit of information about everyday life in prison. People can and do survive prison without any major issues - we see it all the time. The problems I faced were due to my own lack of awareness or failing to keep my yapper shut when I should. Survival in prison is not hard, but it's tough.
I wish you all the best; if I can do more, please let me know!
Old 10-24-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark21 View Post
My son has been on -l level one for almost 3 years and got a write up and sent to the hole. He has his Parole date and now says he may get transferred to another prison and lose his Minus-one status. They waited almost a week after the write up to send him to the "Hole!" He says he was set up while in the shower that someone planted something in his left opened locker and when he came out of the shower a Guard was searching it and says he found something.
he got another write up from this same Guard about a month ago saying my son refused to do a job for him besides his own job and he didn't go to the Hole but got 10 hrs, of extra work instead and this made the Guard mad. He has already had 2 heat strokes and wasn't allowed to see a Dr. What can I do??
The best. Thing is for your son to transfer, that place is messed up and the summer is the worst time to do. it is crazy hot, you only get a shower every three days around 1 am. myself I showered in my sink every night around 10 pm when it cooled down. mainly because there were some C.O. 's who I did not want to be handcuffed and helpless around. I have seen to many people "slip & fall" better known as getting their ass beat. plus the shower is short, its suppose to be five minutes but literally no exaggeration its about 100 seconds then they shut the water off don't care if u r soapy or not. As for going a week after the violation, that's normal, unless its something major, I have been locked up and put on the hole with no explanations and after sitting. Six months let back out and receiving no violation. They do what they want in D.O.C. Its a joke, a fucked up warehouse for individuals to rot. There is no rehabilitation, and do not expect any caseworker to provide you with any help, even though that's their job and your tax dollars paying them to provide help to your son. If you have a question they don't want to hear it. I had a few incidents where my grandmother called up there with concerns about visits, the caseworker was very rude and told my grandmother he had better things todo then answer her senseless questions, and that if he was her he wouldn't waste his time coming to see an ungrateful little punk. how professional.. Tax money well spent
Old 10-26-2015, 05:49 PM

This time of year he should be safe from heat in the hole. From what I know, the Farmington folks love to keep people in the hole for long periods of time without telling them anything. He will be able to receive mail and you can visit him but only for 2 hours at a time and it will be through a gate and he is shackled for the visit. He is pretty safe in the hole, it is just really frustrating and they get very little information. You can call the investigation office in Jefferson city if he is under investigation and they will give you an update, usually. You can also call the investigator at Farmington who is named House. You just call the main Farmington number and ask for investigator House. If he can get transferred I would tell him to because it is a bunch of red tape and limited answers at the Farm.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to kcarroll For This Useful Post:
Karen78 (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 12:01 AM

Unhappy Investigator at Farmington

My fiance went to the hole on the 2nd of April, and didn't get a violation, on an 11.5, until April 17th. He was then Teamed on the 18th, and given 30 days in Dis-seg, and then was told he was still under investigation. He saw Ad-seg on May 4th and given another 30 days, and was told again he is still under investigation. He has yet to be told what for. He is set to start his MOSOP phase II program the first of June, so he is understandably worried. I contacted his investigator, Mr. Henry Francis, a couple of times and he is nothing but rude to me. He will not tell me anything other than the investigation is ongoing. I don't know who Mr. House is, but I am going to be finding the number to the investigation office in Jefferson City now. Thank you kcarroll. He and I are both new to this, as this is the first time in 10 years he has been in trouble. We are not getting any answers from anyone at Farmington, that is for sure. I have called case managers and the investigator, and have not been told a single thing, and he has not been told a single thing. We are tired of this waiting around bull!!
Old 05-10-2017, 07:00 AM

Default 15735266504 is the Investigation Office in Jefferson city.

Quote:
Usually the Investigation Office in JC is great and super helpful.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarroll View Post
Usually the Investigation Office in JC is great and super helpful.
Thank you so much. I have been trying to get information on all of this for over a month. I am just so frazzled right now! I have so many questions I need answered!!