Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 06-14-2018, 12:09 AM

Default Intro--GMAHereToHelp from Arkansas

Hello, my name is Pam, I am here looking for help for my grandson and his family, he did not go to prison although they tried to put him away for 6 years. I spent $5k on the wrong lawyer and ran out of money to take his case to trial. He ended up taking a plea and it has ruined his life. His mom is in prison until 2025, his dad left him after he was injured with his sister in a house fire when he was four years old. Just when he needed him the most. I ended up raising them both because mom could not stay out of jail. So many surgeries. Praise god their faces were not scarred.

He is 22 now but at age 19 his first charge landed him on the registry and it should not have, they should have not done that to him for what happened, it was not what they made it out to be. Please don't judge us. You don't know all the facts.

It is a long story, but he was not alone there were a bunch of teenagers being stupid like teenagers are at that age, all but one was under age and so they charged the boys with sexual assault because she failed to reveal her real age, the other girls were all 16 and 17. how many times has that happened, and we had pictorial proof from her Facebook page two years in a row that she stated her incorrect age, and she had pictures of her and other girls acting in inappropriate ways up on her page. Not saying it is all her fault they were all to blame for their actions, but their statements stated everything was consensual, but Arkansas law says under 14 legally can't give consent. What teenager is going to check that before engaging in sexual behavior? My grandson however was one that did not go that far, but they charge him anyway. Two girls and two guys, my grandson and a 17 year old were together, the 13 year old and his friend were trying to have sex in another room. They joined up in one room later and the older girl decides she wants to switch partners. So she did, So they charged both boys for the 13 year old, but the girl gets no consequences for trying to have sex with two boys in the same night, even though Nathan did not try to have sex with her she would not speak up for my grandson Nathan. There is a lot more to that story but anyway...

So now his life has gotten even harder, and he has a baby now and cannot find decent housing or work. He is on SSI but he can work some and he does for a temp agency it is all he can get. I am here hoping to find resources for places to look for housing for the three of them. Apts are out of the picture the only one that rent to him are slum lords who don't give a crap about the apts. Like where he is now, the building has roaches and other bugs, yet they won't do pest control nor fix anything. But he has no where to go and he has a cat, they all want big pet deposits, it is so hard on $750 a month, they want you to have 3 times the rent for income. he does when he is working but his girl friend had a c section, and no one wants to come and help her everyday, so he has to help with the baby while she recovers.

Sorry for the long intro but it was a long reason that brought me here.

Last edited by GmaHereTohelp; 06-14-2018 at 12:22 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2018, 05:53 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,028 Times in 14,740 Posts

Hi Pam, I'm sorry for the situation that led you here, but glad you found us

Isn't it amazing how our children, according to the law, go from "child" to "adult" literally overnight? Science says they aren't mature for years after turning the magical number of 18. Some (most) girls will lie about their age at some time or other & for one reason or another, yet the law expects young men / teens' brains to operate like a lie-detector.

You may want to do some reading / posting in the Loving a Sex Offender forum (LASO) HERE, its a soft place to land. *Be sure to scroll way down past that white space to see all the forums & threads - system glitch*

There is also an Arkansas forum for state specific questions HERE.

Welcome to PTO

Old 06-14-2018, 06:31 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,762 Times in 11,565 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk Pam. I'm sorry for what you are all facing.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:46 AM

Thank you and yes it is amazing and most adults know it even those in authority and yet they don't give a young man a break, they would rather ruin their young lives, just for a notch on the belt of a record to get re-elected. I will check out the links thank you.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk Pam. I'm sorry for what you are all facing.
Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to GmaHereTohelp For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 09:49 AM

[quote=patchouli;7726849]Hi Pam, I'm sorry for the situation that led you here, but glad you found us
[color=Indigo]
Had to delete links because I am knew in order to reply directly to say thank you lol