Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row - What you need to know!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row - What you need to know! General and State Specific questions/answers about Death Row - mail & more - whatever you need to know can probably be found here!

Old 06-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Mrs. Steele

Default Who do you know on Alabama deathrow(Holman)

Hey everyone! I'm just curious. Does anyone know any inmate that is currently on Holman's deathrow in alabama? If you know anyone, let me know. I want to know you relationship with him and if you write to him, let me know about the experience. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2004, 12:21 PM
Register
Donation Award 

Is there a paticular reason that you are asking this question? I have a penpal at Holman, but I wouldn't discuss it. I am very private as to who I correspond with. I have many penpals and out of respect to them I don't discuss them. Just as I wouldn't want them to discuss me.
If there is a certain inmate their you want information about. I would suggest that you write him and ask him. That is the best way to find out information about someone.
Now if you are wanting to know the conditions on DR at Holman, then that is a different story.

softie

Last edited by softheart; 07-02-2004 at 12:23 PM..
Old 07-03-2004, 04:51 AM

I have a dear friend at Holman as well, and so has one of my friends. But just like Softie, I also wouldn't discuss it. It wouldn't feel right to talk about my penpals to others, they already have so little privacy left.
What is it that you would like to know anyway?
Old 07-04-2004, 02:32 PM

Hi Damaris:

I have a couple of friends on DR at Holman.

Sounds like you are worried about something. Can we help ?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Mrs. Steele

Default Reply

I'm sorry everyone, I should have been more specific. I didn't mean for you to tell me what you discuss I just wanted to know if you enjoyed writing to your penpel in Holman. I do have a penpal who is currently on deathrow at Holman and we have been penpals for about 4 months now. I'm just starting to have mixed feelings about him and he is starting to have feelings for me. I just wanted to get some opinions from other people. I basically wanted to know if "feelings" started taking over, should you still write to your penpal. I hope I'm being more specific. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Register
Donation Award 

I write many DR penfriends, not just at Holman and I enjoy each one of them. We have several people at PTO that fell in Love with their penpal, some are on DR some are not.
As far as should you write your penpal or not, because you and him are starting to develope feelings. Honey that is something you and only you can decide.
Lovong someone on the row isn't easy. Loving someone in prison is hard, but loving someone on the row is even harder. But you gain a lot from it too. Myself I would rather spend my time with someone that really loves me for what ever time we may have.
I would never stop writing him, if in your heart you find that you can't be what he wants you to be. Then I would tone it down, talk to him, but always be there as a friend to him.

softie
Old 07-12-2004, 09:28 AM
Mrs. Steele

Default Thanks

Thank you very much softheart. That was just what I needed to hear. I did not want to make the wrong decision. I appreciated what you said. Damaris F.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Register
Donation Award 

You are more then welcome, if you need anything my door is always open.

softie
Old 02-28-2018, 10:49 PM
Dad on THE ROW

Let us remember though, coming from a daughter of a DEATH ROW inmate, that has been doing time now going on 26 year's..THE GUYS THAT ARE LOCKED AWAY ARE JUST AS HUMAN AS THE ONE'S THAT ARE OUT HERE IN THE FREE WORLD...most are good people who made bad choices and got caught BUT then there are some really SICK AND TWISTED people there also... Don't let looks fool u... I know... I'v lived this life,on THE ROW, with my father, it's a WHOLE NUTHER WORLD behind those GATES my friends..

softie[/quote]
The Following User Says Thank You to Dad on THE ROW For This Useful Post:
joybubby (05-08-2018)