Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oregon.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,742 Times in 3,043 Posts
Default Coffee Creek intake 'insider's view'

I recently had to go through old correspondence from my Dad to find some letters he wrote before he was diagnosed with cancer, so I had proof of certain aspects of settling his estate.

I thought people might appreciate the "inside view" at Coffee Creek intake. This is from one of his letters in 2012, with personal details omitted.

Quote:
The move: I wasn't expecting to be moved [out of county] Monday, so it was a surprise when they told me at 2330 [hours] Sunday to get ready. I took all the stuff others could use, such as shampoo, soap, coffee, etc, and put it in a paper bag and gave it to a friend who is staying there for 3 more weeks.Then took my blankets to a holding cell where I changed back into the clothes I was wearing when I was arrested, and spent the night in the holding cell with 7 other guys. We left at about 0830 and got to Coffee Creek about 10. My clothes were boxed and will be mailed to you. They would not let me keep the picture of you. It was a tiring day - not much sleep and lots of new and stressful activity.

My cell is a double, but right now I am alone. It is about 10' x 15', has twin bunks, one upper and one lower, a writing table & stools, sink and toilet. It is clean and the bed is comfy which was not the case in county.

We are out of our cells for three 20 minute periods after breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also get 20 minutes for each meal. So I'm in my cell 22 of the 24 hours each day.

Processing has just begun. I still have not been given envelopes. We get 5 for the first 30 days. I will mail this as soon as I get one, then will write a little each week until the phone starts up. So far, I've done medical in-processing and initial testing. So it goes day by day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
GrannaSAnne (04-03-2018), maytayah (08-14-2016)
Sponsored Links