Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Newgirlondablk

Unhappy Marriage License Issue~Can't find a county to issue one to me.

I need help. I want to marry my incarcerated fiance. I can not find a county that issues licenses to me. The county he resides in refuses to issue one to me because he wants him to come to the court house in person. Telfair county was willing and the day I plan to go up there, The Judge changes her mind and said she is no longer doing any more licenses for prisons other than Telfair. Any suggestions cause Ive run out.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
My Husband is Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeriusLuv View Post
I need help. I want to marry my incarcerated fiance. I can not find a county that issues licenses to me. The county he resides in refuses to issue one to me because he wants him to come to the court house in person. Telfair county was willing and the day I plan to go up there, The Judge changes her mind and said she is no longer doing any more licenses for prisons other than Telfair. Any suggestions cause Ive run out.
I would say to get someone who is an ordained minister to mary you and your man at the prison. My friend actually had a member that was already approved for visiting get an ordained minister license. Set a visit and I seen all this happen behind a glass I was at visit with my husband when it all went down. Then the paperwork was mailed to him for him to sign then sent back to her and it was official. How she turned in the paper is beyond me. Cause me and my husband both went down to get our license just to get married at our home. It was a hassle. So good luck.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Donation Award 

I got my license from DeKalb County. They didn't have an issue however that was almost 3 years ago.
CeriusLuv (09-02-2010)
Old 09-01-2010, 04:06 PM

I also got mines from Dekalb County and I just got married this March so I think that's the only County still giving out license
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Knight For This Useful Post:
CeriusLuv (09-02-2010)
Old 09-01-2010, 04:28 PM

I got mine from Taylor County. The number is 478-862-3357. Super nice there!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Poohbear2910 For This Useful Post:
CeriusLuv (09-02-2010)
Old 09-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Newgirlondablk

I want to thank you all for your input. I will like to personally thank "Cooleysgirl" because I called Taylor and immediately they were willing to help. Im all set to pick up my license today. Again thank you so much. Next step is finding a cheap officiant.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Loving HIM for life ...

Default I know I am not in your area but ...

CeriusLuv congratulations on up coming marriage and finally finding a county that will issue the license ... If you are still finding a hard time finding a inexpensive officiant I would suggest putting up another post and hopefully some of the ladies in your area could again be helpful ... Again congratulations to you and many blessings.

Quote:
I want to thank you all for your input. I will like to personally thank "Cooleysgirl" because I called Taylor and immediately they were willing to help. Im all set to pick up my license today. Again thank you so much. Next step is finding a cheap officiant.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I am so glad! Yes, they were super nice there and there was no hassle whatsoever! She was quick and had everything done in a matter of a few minutes! PM me and let me know what kind of price range you are looking at and let me ask my friend and see what he says. I know what he charged me, but I had quite a distance to go, so he may come off of the price a little.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:54 AM
mrsp4life

Quote:
try the probate court judge in your area. Our prison chaplain already had a judge to contact when they first gave us info on how to go about getting married to an an inmate

daddy & angel
Old 09-15-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:

Try Dekalb County my friend got one there.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Newgirlondablk

Hey everybody, just to update. I got my license from Montgomery County Probate court $76 bucks. Its worth it cause they will do everything and mail you your certified copies for name change, etc. The ladies there are super nice. I found a officiant on the internet for $100 bucks. She is the cheapest I found. She is nice and I wont have to pay extra or pick her up. Can u say "DEAL"!!! I got out rings from Kays...plain wedding bands for both of us with inscriptions for 200 bucks on sale 14K. When he gets out he better buy me a FAT diamond ring....OKAY!!! LOL! So right now, Im just waiting on Atlanta to approve me then I get my date. Its all good from here now the whole process was long but I got it done.
So hopefully I will be Married before the year is over....

S/N Taylor doesnt do license for anyone who is not incarerated in Taylor county. Found out the day I was about to drive up there, Thank God I called first.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 AM

Taylor County must have changed their rules since last February! My husband was not incarcerated in Taylor County, but that is where I obtained the marriage license. Things are always changing!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
mrsp4life

btw r lisc camee from dekalb this past march

daddy & angel
Old 06-12-2011, 10:02 PM
1Thessalonians 5:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriusluv View Post
i need help. I want to marry my incarcerated fiance. I can not find a county that issues licenses to me. The county he resides in refuses to issue one to me because he wants him to come to the court house in person. Telfair county was willing and the day i plan to go up there, the judge changes her mind and said she is no longer doing any more licenses for prisons other than telfair. Any suggestions cause ive run out.

have him go to the law library and get power of attorney papers and have him sign power of attorney papers over to him so u have the right to sign his signature and go up there with the papers also

Old 06-13-2011, 02:41 AM
Donation Award 

Bremariie,

Ceriusluv got her license last October so a POA won't be needed. Also some probate judges may not accept them so anyone trying to go this route should check with the particular county before going through this process. Getting married in prison is a privilege not a right so the counties do NOT have to accommodate inmates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremariie View Post
have him go to the law library and get power of attorney papers and have him sign power of attorney papers over to him so u have the right to sign his signature and go up there with the papers also

Last edited by kae; 06-13-2011 at 02:43 AM..
Old 06-18-2011, 03:52 AM
1Thessalonians 5:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriusluv View Post
i need help. I want to marry my incarcerated fiance. I can not find a county that issues licenses to me. The county he resides in refuses to issue one to me because he wants him to come to the court house in person. Telfair county was willing and the day i plan to go up there, the judge changes her mind and said she is no longer doing any more licenses for prisons other than telfair. Any suggestions cause ive run out.

what you will have to do is have all his info and contact the prison after ur approved for marriage and tell dem wat day that ur getting the license n they can bring him up there if its approved by the warden but u gotta be there at the same time u fill it out in it has to be in the county of the prison i think

Old 08-02-2011, 09:47 AM

me and my fiance need a county that will do our lisense, cn anyone help, its been a real headache, he is in dooly and they really do not help at all...we have a pastor ready and have most of our papers n order, we just need a county who will do our lisense..helllppp...
Old 08-24-2011, 02:48 PM

Dekalb county. U sign during visitation or through the mail.. But infront of a notery.. Most prisons have a notery
Old 10-06-2011, 06:42 PM

My guy is waiting to be deported. We were able to obtain a marriage license but we can't find anyone that will go to the detention center to marry us. Does anyone have a clue why the will not go the the detention center?

Last edited by lbaileyga; 10-06-2011 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: to short