Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MAINE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

MAINE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Maine - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, Visitation & Phones, mail and more

Old 11-03-2015, 01:26 PM

Default Why is it taking so long for my visit application to be approved?

My boyfriend has been in MSP for about 2 months and my visit application was handed in back in September. It's been 7 weeks! He talked to a caseworker last week and there was still no information in the system about my clearance. I'm so frustrated and discouraged, he tells me other people are getting approved within 2-4 weeks. I've tried every way I can think of to find out on my own, but nobody will tell me anything.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2015, 04:59 PM
Donation Award 

Hi Maddox,
I see no one has answered your question...kind of quiet in here, (insert cricket sounds here).
My LO is in another state, but I wanted to tell you that I was just approved after 45 days...so just about 7 weeks. I called visitation almost daily to get updates! It will come, but I know it's nerve racking!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebevoll View Post
Hi Maddox,
I see no one has answered your question...kind of quiet in here, (insert cricket sounds here).
My LO is in another state, but I wanted to tell you that I was just approved after 45 days...so just about 7 weeks. I called visitation almost daily to get updates! It will come, but I know it's nerve racking!

Thank you! It finally went through at about 2 months.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Donation Award 

That's great Maddox! I hope you receive a phone call and are able to visit soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to liebevoll For This Useful Post:
Maddox (01-19-2016)
Old 12-04-2015, 09:57 AM

When my lo was in frdc they approved our 2 yr old and 4 yr old in 2 weeks. Me 4 weeks then they transfered him to st. Joseph and now we have to wait again to be approved or so iv been told. Our children haven't seen him since the beginning of October.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Donation Award 

Hi Ms.wisdom. Welcome. I see that you found the Missouri forum. It's a learning process and can be very frustrating to say the least!
Old 01-19-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
That's great Maddox! I hope you receive a phone call and are able to visit soon!
It's great to see him, although I really dislike going there. Unfortunately, they have him limited to non-contact until the end of June which is about a month before his release due to a slip he made last Summer at a less secure facility, at least that's the official reason for the restriction. But, they imposed consequences on him when it happened and it's not the reason that he ultimately got transferred to Warren. Also, there is no documentation of the incident in his file. I just got the information I need to contact the Deputy Warden. Do you have any experience with something like this? What can I do that will have the best chance of getting regular visits reinstated?
Old 02-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Donation Award 

Hi Maddox. I don't have an answer for you. Have you posted your question anywhere else on the forum? Someone is sure to have experience with this.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Hi Maddox. I don't have an answer for you. Have you posted your question anywhere else on the forum? Someone is sure to have experience with this.
I'm sure someone does, but besides the two of us it doesn't look like anyone has posted in this forum since 2012 Anyway it makes no difference now, they moved him to Mountain View over the weekend. It's a better situation for him, but it's also a 4 hour drive so we'll be seeing less of each other. I feel like every time we get into any kind of routine the rug gets pulled out, so frustrating!! Thanks again for responding, I really appreciate it.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Donation Award 

Hi Maddox. Have you looked around? Try Prison Legal Help, General Prison News and Elsa's Inmate Card Project (my fav and great people!), and many, many more ....Yes, this Maine site has a population of 2, but there's lots out there. Stay in touch!

Liebevoll