Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > PRISON PEN PALS > Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk General talk about prison pen-pals. Please do not place ads in this forum!

Old 05-04-2019, 11:36 AM

Talking What was your first phone call with your penpal like?

Hi guys,

Omg I just spoke to my pen pal for the first time and it was so cool.
I was so surprised to be actually speaking to him that I got a little shy and didn't know what to say��. He had a little trouble understanding my irish accent as well so that made it kinda awkward. We had a couple of long silences during the call but we had a few laughs too and it was so cool to hear his voice. The fifteen minutes flew by and I kicked myself after for being so shy when I could have asked him questions and gotten to know him better. Oh well maybe il get another choice if he wants to speak again.

I was just wondering what your first time talking to your pen pal was like, were you shy or nervous? Was their voice different than what you thought it would be? Did it change how you felt about each other?

Sorry if I posted this in wrong section
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2019, 01:15 PM

My penpal rang me from California. I was in England. Had just finished work and because i lived very rural was walking through fiekds to get home. It was abt 2pm there and he was worried i was walking in the dark with a torch two miles from the bus stop. I had to speak slowly but understood his accent ok. He kept ringing bk as the call ended to make sure i got home safely. Basically he talked me all the way home. We dont get to talk now but still right. My other penpal got released in march and we talk a lot still. Weird at first not havibg the recorded interruptions.
The Following User Says Thank You to orchibu For This Useful Post:
Battgirl83 (05-04-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 08:59 AM

It was nerve-wracking. We're lucky in that we get 30 minute calls. I giggled a whole lot and we were fumbling over our words, but that was back in January and we talk usually once or twice a week now and have since then. Now we can't shut up lol
The Following User Says Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
Battgirl83 (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 09:44 AM

I have not done phone calls - but my first time to visit was really shy and awkward for both of us.... like you, the long silences and trying to think of what to say!
At the end of the visit we didn't really know what to do, so ended up shaking hands!!
He told me later that he was so mad with himself for not giving me a hug that he was determined to do it the next day when I came... and he did too! But he was also on a high after meeting me, in spite of the awkwardness.
I'd say Battgirl that your penpal is probably on a high now today after the phone-call. You've no idea what a difference it makes to them!
The Following User Says Thank You to carm2405 For This Useful Post:
Battgirl83 (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 11:00 AM

Your right he actually emailed me straight away afterwards to say he was so delighted that he got to speak to me and that he absolutely loved my irish accent. He said he too was kicking himself for not filling in the silences and getting to know me better. He said he would love to talk again soon if I wanted too as well
Yet I was worried that he wouldn't want to phone me again as I was so shy and awkward on the phone. It obviously wasn't as bad as I built it up in my head to be hahaha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Battgirl83 For This Useful Post:
carm2405 (05-06-2019), ILLINOIS.PAL (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 12:34 PM

The visit I referred to was back in 2002 and I think my friend had written a letter to me before I had even left the prison grounds that day!
I received his letter the following week back in Ireland. He also sent me a card of thanks. He was so full of gratitude for me coming and never stopped telling me how much it meant to him!!
I hope that your friendship with your penpal will continue for as many years as mine did!
The Following User Says Thank You to carm2405 For This Useful Post:
Battgirl83 (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 01:23 PM

my penpal writes in mostly in English but also in Spanish, i expected him to speak perfect English and speak little Spanish but it was the exact opposite. he's spanish is perfect and he's english has a very thick accent...that was the most unexpected thing when i finally spoke to him after almost 2 years of writing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noeliz4life For This Useful Post:
Battgirl83 (05-11-2019), ILLINOIS.PAL (05-06-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 03:19 PM
Waiting for Wyatt Andrew

i visited write a prisoner after the break up of my relationship with my boyfriend who was on parole. i sent Wyatt a email and he was curious enough to call back the very next day . i found it easy to talk to Wyatt and found my self smitten with his voice and wanting to meet him smh. i was able to email him on corr links .. so im waiting for the next email and possible next call .
The Following User Says Thank You to ilovealexjames For This Useful Post:
Battgirl83 (08-22-2019)