Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Siggys & Graphics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 07:38 PM

Thanked 3,989 Times in 1,249 Posts
Smile I finally figured it out!!

Since I'm not very computer savvy, I haven't been able to figure out how to create an avatar. I've tried over and over, but just couldn't get the hang of it. Well, I finally did it today and I am so proud of myself! I'd like to explain the reason for it since it has to do with my son in prison.

There is a photographer, Clark Little, who lives in Hawaii and does the most incredible photos of waves I've ever seen. You can look him up online. His photography is gorgeous! He also likes to shoot (with his camera!) pictures of giant sea turtles. One of the photos is titled "Freedom". The "honu", as he calls it, is swimming by himself in a large bay and looks peaceful and happy. I like to think he is on his way out to the ocean and true freedom. Since my son loves the ocean and everything Clark Little photographs, we sent him a copy of the picture. It reminded us, and him, that freedom is there for him, but he just needs to make it through this difficult time in his life. Soon after we saw this photo, my husband bought a small boat to putter around in since he had just retired. The perfect name for the boat was "Freedom". The sea turtle has now become our family's favorite animal or is it amphibian? Whatever, it is a sign of hope for all of us and I'm so excited that I can finally share it!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
1bird2 (08-25-2012), bluebella (08-26-2012), bumblebee37 (08-27-2012), kevinmom (08-25-2012), KidzMom (08-27-2012), patchouli (08-28-2012), string of pearls (08-26-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,884 Times in 1,674 Posts

I love you!!! YOU ROCK!!!! I checked out the site for Clark Little....now I have a new favorite photographer!!!! I have a wall of waves by Wood Woodworth...I think they could be brothers by comparing their photos!!! And I also have several sea turtle photos....I will now look at them in a brand new way!!! I think you might be my sister!!!! And I think your son might be my son's brother!!! SMALL WORLD!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing this!!! My son is a surfer....and has surfed with turtles!! I am a diver....and have enjoyed many dives with turtles!!!
And thanks...I'll be spending money I don't have....adding to my wave and turtle wall!!!!
I do love you!
XXOO
kevinmom (08-25-2012), KidzMom (08-27-2012), tglsmom (08-26-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Donation Award 

WHOO HOOO!!! The first thing I noticed today was that you had an Avatar! And I noticed it was a beautiful turtle! Now I know the rest of the story....

I too have not yet been able to do the Avatar thing... I have not taken enough time to figure it out and it will need to wait! I just got a new cell phone this weekend and will spend the next week trying to not throw it out the window! I went from 7 year old antique phone to smart phone and the learning curve is very BAAADDDD. Today on the way to work I hoped no one would try to call me today cuz I am not sure if I know how to answer it yet...LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KidzMom For This Useful Post:
1bird2 (08-27-2012), tglsmom (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,884 Times in 1,674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidzMom View Post
WHOO HOOO!!! The first thing I noticed today was that you had an Avatar! And I noticed it was a beautiful turtle! Now I know the rest of the story....

I too have not yet been able to do the Avatar thing... I have not taken enough time to figure it out and it will need to wait! I just got a new cell phone this weekend and will spend the next week trying to not throw it out the window! I went from 7 year old antique phone to smart phone and the learning curve is very BAAADDDD. Today on the way to work I hoped no one would try to call me today cuz I am not sure if I know how to answer it yet...LOL
That is tooo funny....I think we might be sisters too!!!....I still use my "playschool" phone!!!.....and the avatar....well, it will never happen for me!!!
tglsmom (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 06:06 PM
waitingformydaughter

Thanked 3,887 Times in 1,398 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bird2 View Post
That is tooo funny....I think we might be sisters too!!!....I still use my "playschool" phone!!!.....and the avatar....well, it will never happen for me!!!
I've been here since '09 still no avatar for me either!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:09 PM

I have always loved this artist
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ILoveHim2008 For This Useful Post:
1bird2 (08-27-2012), tglsmom (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 PM

I think making an avatar might be easier than trying to use a smart phone or an iphone or all those other new things on the market! I think I'll stick to my simple tracfone. I just add minutes, make and receive phone calls and that's about all I have patience for!

Good luck to you, KidzMom. I hope your smart phone doesn't end up on the street!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomWasRDestiny View Post
I have always loved this artist
He is amazing, isn't he? It's nice to know that someone else loves his work as much as I do - and now we can add lbird2 to the list!