Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-05-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
Ya we are using corrlinks for messaging. We have to add money at 10 or 15 dollars but there's no service charge to add money for me.
Everyone doesn't live in USA.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomnomnom For This Useful Post:
Born (08-05-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2020, 10:40 PM

i swear we went through a change in service provider about 10 years ago or so and had plenty of concerns about the changes made... and though i'd have to search for the thread, i'm fairly certain we banded together and contacted DOC with our concerns and we managed to get them to make some concessions on our behalf??? hard to remember specifics but may be an idea worth considering? sometimes we don't know unless we try!
The Following User Says Thank You to *Precious* For This Useful Post:
Visitor611 (09-10-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
Why are you paying a service fee for corrlinks? I don't pay any service fees for adding money. That's the problem with all-approved messaging instead of it having flagged words that would take 3-5 days to get through like telmate. I'm getting anywhere between 5-20 minute delays on messaging. Some longer ones take 24 hours, but thats lazy mailroom not wanting to read my bullshit.
Well. Most of the people in the world doesn't live in the US. We have to pay $3, but they atleast allow me to put $25 dollars nowdays + that fee of $3 now. Telmate didnt take anything. I could put $100 to my phone account without a fee, also I could put another $100 without a fee to my LO's phone account.

Also, in the "new" digital world we don't use cash or have physical phonebills to send to the dumb idiots at corrlinks. My nonexisting physical phonebill makes it impossible to register my phone# at the facitility.

I am just amazed how US can be such a backassward country in 2020. Physical phone bills does not exist in the rest of the modern world.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomnomnom For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-11-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 09:24 PM
Until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomnomnom View Post
Well. Most of the people in the world doesn't live in the US. We have to pay $3, but they atleast allow me to put $25 dollars nowdays + that fee of $3 now. Telmate didnt take anything. I could put $100 to my phone account without a fee, also I could put another $100 without a fee to my LO's phone account.

Also, in the "new" digital world we don't use cash or have physical phonebills to send to the dumb idiots at corrlinks. My nonexisting physical phonebill makes it impossible to register my phone# at the facitility.

I am just amazed how US can be such a backassward country in 2020. Physical phone bills does not exist in the rest of the modern world.
Corrlinks is a messaging service, I'm confused why you need to send them a phone bill. My guess on the fee to Corrlinks is currency exchange fees. I have a phone bill from my carrier. Grouping the US based on what a private company decides to do is a bit broad, but hey, all good.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,704 Times in 3,777 Posts

Quote:
Corrlinks is a messaging service, I'm confused why you need to send them a phone bill. My guess on the fee to Corrlinks is currency exchange fees. I have a phone bill from my carrier. Grouping the US based on what a private company decides to do is a bit broad, but hey, all good.
CorrLinks, aka CenturyLink is also the phone service provider.

Nomnomnom, I didn't have to provide a bill when I registered my phone number. It may be that if you have an overseas phone number, their system isn't designed to call non-domestic phone numbers (like it can't handle having to add in the country code at the beginning of the phone number) which is really bad programming on their part if that's the case.

For emails, I can add $15 (and no more) at a time, with a $3 service charge. I agree, that's insane. I haven't tried adding money to the phone account, as I use Telmate to send money directly to my loved ones and let them move however much money they need to their phone accounts (for free). It means that they can call people other than me, so I do understand that some people wouldn't want to just give the money directly to their loved one to do with as they pleased.

Emails through corrlinks cost me 25 cents AND cost them 25 cents (no "sharing credits" like AccessCorrections used to allow). Which seems rather expensive. I've told my 'guys' that I'll be sending snail mail - it's almost as fast, and it costs about the same, and the only 'character limit' is the number of words I can fit on 10 double-sided pieces of paper (20 pages of 8-point font is a lot more than 15,000 characters).

I'm not overly enthusiastic about this new system. Two of my guys say that they have difficulty moving money onto their phone account because people are hoarding tablets, and that's the only means available for them to move money now.

Maybe I'd feel differently if the guys could have their own tablets, but... nope.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:53 PM

Maybe I am unlucky, but corrlinks "customer service" haven't been helpful at all. They stiłl want my phone bill, which is non-existent. I pay my phone bills through the phone. No physical bills whatever.

I haven't talked with my LO om the phone since June.

And I can't make them accept my foreign number.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,704 Times in 3,777 Posts

Quote:
Maybe I am unlucky, but corrlinks "customer service" haven't been helpful at all. They stiłl want my phone bill, which is non-existent. I pay my phone bills through the phone. No physical bills whatever.

Ugh, nomnomnom. I'm so sorry to hear this.

I would try calling them one more time, but this next time, the magic words are "I'd like to be escalated" - before you tell them what your problem is. They'll try to stonewall you, just keep repeating that "I'd like to be escalated".

Escalation is when the front-line phone people have to get a supervisor to talk to you. If that supervisor can't resolve your problem, tell that person "I'd like to be escalated" again. Usually you can 'escalate' twice before you run out of people to talk to, but getting past that first person you reach is the critical step.

Whoever you're escalated to, if you feel they are trying to brush you off, the next magic words are "I guess I'll need to contact Oregon DOC to see how they'd like me to handle this problem, since it sounds to me like breach of contract."

And if they don't fix it, then contact DOC. https://www.oregon.gov/doc/Pages/contact.aspx I'd go with the email approach first, as emails can be forwarded to the appropriate person. If I didn't hear back within a week, then I'd try the phone number to get the phone number of the right department to talk with. DOC isn't going to be happy to hear that international phone numbers are being denied, since that will put CorrLinks in breach of contract.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
*Precious* (09-18-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:

have you looked into getting a US number?