Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-18-2020, 10:44 AM

Smile Centurylink and Corrlinks

Hey guys! How long do corrlinks messages take to come through? Oregon has just started using this system and I think it is alot slower than telmate. I never thought I'd say I miss telmate lol
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2020, 10:59 AM

About 1-2 hours it’s really slow
The Following User Says Thank You to Niques For This Useful Post:
Girl22472 (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 11:16 AM

In general it takes about 1.5 hours to get to my husband or from him to me. A few times late at night they have come in at just over an hour but it's only happened at night.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:22 AM

Okay it's been like 8 hours now
Old 06-18-2020, 11:58 AM
Donation Award 

That was a mess to figure out! Wouldn't register my number or his. We have Access as a backup... Finally got it figured out but he says its a mess in there because they can't listen to music and message and are timed out... Are they using CorrLinks too or does it just route into Access?
Old 06-18-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantal.adeen View Post
Okay it's been like 8 hours now
I guess my first question is does he have to go to a kiosk to send and receive or is it through a tablet? We'll go from there based on your answer.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:48 PM
Donation Award 

Right now, he has to go to the kiosk to send and get messages. They are supposed to get tablets they can check out same as Telmate but they don't have them yet. They might be going to get the ability to get individual tablets.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeLR View Post
Right now, he has to go to the kiosk to send and get messages. They are supposed to get tablets they can check out same as Telmate but they don't have them yet. They might be going to get the ability to get individual tablets.
Okay so let's say you sent the email at 8 he has to know that you sent it in to look around 9:30 although he should probably wait another 20-30 minutes. But he has to know to look and have access to it depending on the line or what is going on. Then when he sends one back to you it'll take another hour and a half. So if he knows to go look and he looks at 10 and he immediately sends one back it would be 11:30 or so before you got it. Add to that with the coronavirus stuff if you are using the Corrlinks app sometimes it won't notify you and you just have to open it up and go look. You should also get an email to your regular email notifying you about CorrLinks
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
RaeLR (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 01:38 PM

Thanks guys yea he should have a tablet but I'm not sure if they have them yet? I hope it speeds up because some people are saying it's taking 48 hours to receive a reply! Also I think it's just corrlinks
Old 06-19-2020, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,704 Times in 3,777 Posts

I knew they were getting rid of TelMate (and the kiosks, and the mp3 players, and basically all the guys' music is going to be worthless because there's no way to transfer it from their mp3 player to the newer mp4 player).

But let's pretend I know nothing about CorrLinks. How does one get set up to get email and what do the guys inside have to do on their end? Is it tablet only? So places that don't have tablets yet as stuck with snail mail?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Old 06-19-2020, 08:03 AM

Hey yea so basically make an account on corrlinks. Give your guy your email address, he then sends you an invite code and you input this and then you can add funds and start messaging. Messages are taking ages he got mine yesterday at 1pm and replied but I still haven't received it yet! I think its because its manual screening of individual messaged.. That sucks about the music though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chantal.adeen For This Useful Post:
*Precious* (06-25-2020), fbopnomore (06-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 02:39 PM
Donation Award 

Are they going to get tablets? And how do you video visit?
Old 06-19-2020, 02:58 PM
Until the end

Isn't yours in OSP Rae? Aren't they still on tier 4? My wife says tablets are coming with the kiosk change this weekend.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:45 PM
Donation Award 

Yes, he is in OSP and nothing is working right with the new system so communication has been difficult. Are there going to be individual tablets or ones they have to check out like before? Will their music be on the tablets? It's a bummer about losing the MP3s, because we loaded up the music for Christmas... He sent an email yesterday and it took six hours to get to me...
Old 06-19-2020, 07:42 PM
Until the end

Ya, they are getting tablets like telmate. My wife lost her mp3 player and they don't sell them anymore so I don't know about that. I just buy a subscription to iHeartRadio for her. Obviously its allowed since its not blocked on the tablet.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:42 PM
Donation Award 

He called and said they only have 50 tablets for about 500 guys. He does not know if they will be able to buy individual ones are some as saying. The messaging is a mess because they have 30 minutes of free time to send them and then they are locked out of the system, so they can't pay to send them if they want. They are supposed to be able to send them for 25 cents each, which is much more than the 4 cents per minute thing they had. Emails take hours sometimes and come fast at others. I told him to stay calm, everything would get figured out and we would figure it out -- and they would work out the kinks. Looks like it saves money for us but not for them.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Quote:
I just buy a subscription to iHeartRadio for her. Obviously its allowed since its not blocked on the tablet.
iHeartRadio is allowed, but the inmate can't set their own subscription up because there's no way for them to pay for it. We outmates can set it up and pay for it ourselves. Just be careful that the username and password are something that no one could guess from their name/SID - just like outside-the-fence UN/PW's.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-20-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 10:46 AM

This is absolute BS.

1. Oregon DOC took away the instant messaging
-Telmate's app had its problems in the past, but it was a real good way to text good morning/good night every day. That's gone.

2. They charge for using the phone app for corrlinks AND it is way slower.
-Do I have to explain this?

3. You can only put in $15 at a time for YOUR account, with an extra charge of $3.
-Telmate had free of charge inputs to your communication account. CorrLinks take $3 for $15 (which is the max. amount I can put in at once, so I have to put money serveral times more, for a 20% fee).

The calls are cheaper, sure, but our messaging will take a huge hit.

Why aren't more people more mad about this?

Last edited by Nomnomnom; 06-29-2020 at 10:56 AM..
Old 06-29-2020, 08:06 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomnomnom View Post
This is absolute BS.

-Telmate's app had its problems in the past, but it was a real good way to text good morning/good night every day. That's gone.

3. You can only put in $15 at a time for YOUR account, with an extra charge of $3.
-Telmate had free of charge inputs to your communication account. CorrLinks take $3 for $15 (which is the max. amount I can put in at once, so I have to put money serveral times more, for a 20% fee).

I'm with you. It sucks! He messages me and it comes hours later, sometimes in the middle of the night. He gets 30 minutes with the tablet because there is too much demand. You can't really carry on a good conversation with messaging anymore. And it costs him a lot more. I hate this system, I feel like it makes communication much more difficult...
Old 07-06-2020, 09:25 AM

It's not messaging anymore, it's back to e-mailing like accesscorrections.com. This is an absolutely outdated version of communication.

This is so f-g sad, and bad for everyone. But it was cheap for the DOC I guess....what a joy. *sigh*
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomnomnom For This Useful Post:
RaeLR (09-19-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 10:40 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
It's not messaging anymore, it's back to e-mailing like accesscorrections.com. This is an absolutely outdated version of communication.

This is so f-g sad, and bad for everyone. But it was cheap for the DOC I guess....what a joy. *sigh*

I hear you! I loved being able to chat a little on messages and it was easy to get questions answered. I feel much more disconnected because it can take 24 hours or more to get a message. That little bit of byplay is gone.

He lost music as well and there are only 50 tablets for 500 men so it is very difficult to get one every day. Instead of the 4 cents per minute on Getting Out, they pay 25 cents per email, much more expensive. Cheaper for us but pretty costly for them. There are a lot of other problems, too, but I am just out of juice to rant anymore.

It seems like every time you get any kind of a good routine down, they switch it up. It takes a lot to overcome all of this to maintain a relationship and many are unable. Yet DOC will post how much building strong families is vital to the success of reintegration.
The Following User Says Thank You to RaeLR For This Useful Post:
GingerM (07-07-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 08:43 PM
Until the end

Quote:
This is absolute BS.

Why are you paying a service fee for corrlinks? I don't pay any service fees for adding money. That's the problem with all-approved messaging instead of it having flagged words that would take 3-5 days to get through like telmate. I'm getting anywhere between 5-20 minute delays on messaging. Some longer ones take 24 hours, but thats lazy mailroom not wanting to read my bullshit.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Visitor611 - are you using the email part of corrlinks? I wasn't able to send a message until I added money on my side. It costs the AIC (inmate) 25 cents to send one, but as one friend of mine said "Still cheaper than a stamp".
Old 07-09-2020, 09:40 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Visitor611 - are you using the email part of corrlinks? I wasn't able to send a message until I added money on my side. It costs the AIC (inmate) 25 cents to send one, but as one friend of mine said "Still cheaper than a stamp".
That is a lot of money for someone making $30 a month. They use to be charged 4 cents per minute so they could get a bunch of emails ready at the kiosk and put them in the draft folder for free and then send them out in a minute or so. If they spend $1 a day to send emails, they run out of money quickly...
The Following User Says Thank You to RaeLR For This Useful Post:
GingerM (07-10-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 08:51 PM
Until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Ya we are using corrlinks for messaging. We have to add money at 10 or 15 dollars but there's no service charge to add money for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (07-10-2020)