Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:07 AM

Unhappy Phone calls from Florence-West

My phone application got approved a week ago but I still haven't received a call from my boyfriend. I know the facility will provide the inmate with a notification that it's been approved...does that normally take a few days to reach them? I don't understand what could be taking so long for him to call me. He has money on his books so I'm beginning to wonder if there is a delay in getting the notice of approval to him?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2019, 05:10 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,488 Times in 1,430 Posts

I'm sorry you're having to wait so long. I've never done time in Arizona so....I don't know? Maybe he isn't situated just yet. When in doubt, you could always call his unit of assignment and inquire. Hope you get some response soon. I know that waiting and not knowing is stressful. It'll all work out, dear.
Ohhheyrae (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 11:25 AM

Maybe they have not pulled him to do his voice print yet? Sometimes they are slow on their end but the good news is that you got approved!!!!! Hard part is over so that phone call will come❤❤
The Following User Says Thank You to TerraEryn For This Useful Post:
Ohhheyrae (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 08:24 PM
here

It could just be bad timing too and the've been on lockdown. Hang in there

The Following User Says Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
Ohhheyrae (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
It could just be bad timing too and the've been on lockdown. Hang in there
I was thinking the same thing...but then again, for a whole week? He's minimum security (phase 2) and based on the letters he's been sending, they don't go on lock-down nearly as often as one would think.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEryn View Post
Maybe they have not pulled him to do his voice print yet? Sometimes they are slow on their end but the good news is that you got approved!!!!! Hard part is over so that phone call will come❤❤
Yes, that's very true! I was actually surprised at how quickly it happened!
I've never heard of a voice print. Is that just his recorded name or something?I'm assuming that takes place after he gets the letter of approval? I'm new to ALL of this and just when I thought I had county figured out, he's transferred to Alhambra and I have to start learning everything all over again! lol
Old 08-15-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhheyrae View Post
Yes, that's very true! I was actually surprised at how quickly it happened!
I've never heard of a voice print. Is that just his recorded name or something?I'm assuming that takes place after he gets the letter of approval? I'm new to ALL of this and just when I thought I had county figured out, he's transferred to Alhambra and I have to start learning everything all over again! lol
The voice print allows them to use the phone. They have to say there name for the phone to work. At one point we had troubles with it because it wasn't recognizing his voice so he wasn't able to make calls.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
My phone application got approved a week ago but I still haven't received a call from my boyfriend. I know the facility will provide the inmate with a notification that it's been approved...does that normally take a few days to reach them? I don't understand what could be taking so long for him to call me. He has money on his books so I'm beginning to wonder if there is a delay in getting the notice of approval to him?
Hi, I hope I'm doing this correctly.
I just had a friend having the same problem, and after asking her some questions I found out her problem was she hadn't set up her phone account. That may not be your issue, but I wanted to ask.

I noticed you said that he has money on his books, but does he have money on his phones that's two separate entities. He can purchase phone time through the inmate store or you can fund your phone account.

Have you set up your phone account ? I think it's CenturyLinkcorrections . (The site takes you to ICSolutions).
(Just Googled Arizona inmate phones and that's who it told me to go through). Sorry i can't post links or screenshots yet.

Sorry, If they have other phone systems that you can use, I don't know what they are.

You also might be able to call their visitation center and ask them if his phone has been set up yet. Sometimes things slip through the cracks and our poor guys pay the price.

Good luck I hope you get your call soon.

Last edited by Zeus&BugsMom; 08-16-2019 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Forgot name of phone account
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus&BugsMom For This Useful Post:
Ohhheyrae (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus&BugsMom View Post
Hi, I hope I'm doing this correctly.
I just had a friend having the same problem, and after asking her some questions I found out her problem was she hadn't set up her phone account. That may not be your issue, but I wanted to ask.

I noticed you said that he has money on his books, but does he have money on his phones that's two separate entities. He can purchase phone time through the inmate store or you can fund your phone account.

Have you set up your phone account ? I think it's CenturyLinkcorrections . (The site takes you to ICSolutions).
(Just Googled Arizona inmate phones and that's who it told me to go through). Sorry i can't post links or screenshots yet.

Sorry, If they have other phone systems that you can use, I don't know what they are.

You also might be able to call their visitation center and ask them if his phone has been set up yet. Sometimes things slip through the cracks and our poor guys pay the price.

Good luck I hope you get your call soon.

I finally got my first call yesterday! I left a message at the visitation center and someone ACTUALLY called me back. Anyways, apparently they have been having phone issues at this facility. He had been trying to call me for a few days. Thank you all for your support. Tomorrow I'll be having my first onsite visit with him!! woohooo!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ohhheyrae For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (08-21-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 12:37 AM

Smile

Quote:
I finally got my first call yesterday! I left a message at the visitation center and someone ACTUALLY called me back. Anyways, apparently they have been having phone issues at this facility. He had been trying to call me for a few days. Thank you all for your support. Tomorrow I'll be having my first onsite visit with him!! woohooo!!!
Congratulations!!!