Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:19 PM

Talking It's finally over: Release(ed) from Cumberland FCI

I have visited Cumberland once, on vday wkn took pictures and all. Beware underwire in bras- not allowed and have quarters on deck in a clear bag. I was able to stay the entire day- it was wonderful. We took pictures and I cried on way back to Michigan. But it's all over tomorrow! I'm meeting him at bus station to ride back- of course AUNT FLO had to come along for ride lol but the time to just talk f2f is priceless. Don't know what happens next- he's approved for home confinement but is being sent to the HH? Got 6m extra on HH but no bed was avail early enough... Finished RDAP but was not awarded the year off due to his charge (but got in program despite charge)... No discipline the entire bid but very close calls near the end... My mind is in overdrive n I'm sure his is too. I am just ready to finish this year together and start fresh in 17. Cumberland is a nice looking facility, I haven't heard much violence from him insider in general or program and... The BOP is expensive though, VERY. So I suggest a budget, corrlink subscription n app-$6, invest in a local number to forward to your long distance number of prepay for envelopes-add extra paper too. Be happy your LO got Cumberland medium FCI even if it's far- it could be much worse. PTO has been the Best, most supportive and I am going to ask my BF to update this thread from his POV to calm some nerves.

Last edited by Auwaga03; 12-05-2016 at 06:22 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Auwaga03 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-06-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2016, 06:35 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auwaga03 View Post
I have visited Cumberland once, on vday wkn took pictures and all. Beware underwire in bras- not allowed and have quarters on deck in a clear bag. I was able to stay the entire day- it was wonderful. We took pictures and I cried on way back to Michigan. But it's all over tomorrow! I'm meeting him at bus station to ride back- of course AUNT FLO had to come along for ride lol but the time to just talk f2f is priceless. Don't know what happens next- he's approved for home confinement but is being sent to the HH? Got 6m extra on HH but no bed was avail early enough... Finished RDAP but was not awarded the year off due to his charge (but got in program despite charge)... No discipline the entire bid but very close calls near the end... My mind is in overdrive n I'm sure his is too. I am just ready to finish this year together and start fresh in 17. Cumberland is a nice looking facility, I haven't heard much violence from him insider in general or program and... The BOP is expensive though, VERY. So I suggest a budget, corrlink subscription n app-$6, invest in a local number to forward to your long distance number of prepay for envelopes-add extra paper too. Be happy your LO got Cumberland medium FCI even if it's far- it could be much worse. PTO has been the Best, most supportive and I am going to ask my BF to update this thread from his POV to calm some nerves.
Cingrats!!!!
Old 01-12-2017, 03:50 AM

Default Valentine's Day

My boyfriend is locked up FCI Cumberland. Visits are normally on weekends but Valentine's Day is on Tuesday this year. Will they allowed visits in Valentine's Day ?
Old 01-12-2017, 06:40 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,953 Times in 12,168 Posts

Valentines Day is not a federal holiday, so the answer is no.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:26 PM

Hello My husband was just moved to FCI Cumberland and I'm looking for info on visiting, how the prison is if its pretty laid back or if there are major politics, and how the rdap program is there. Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to HisMrs4Life For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-18-2017)
Old 01-03-2019, 05:11 PM

Exclamation FCI Cumberland lockdown?

I'm sad my man is In Cumberland md and he is on lock down the whole prison they said
Old 01-03-2019, 05:19 PM

Is Cumberland md on lockdown ? Can any one help me my man is their please and thank you
Old 01-03-2019, 05:23 PM

Unhappy Lock down

My man is In fci I'm Cumberland I have not heard from him is they on lock down can any one help me pleas I miss him so much
Old 01-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

The no visiting banner is up on the bop's Cumberland web page which almost always means the prison is locked down.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/cum/

Last edited by fbopnomore; 01-03-2019 at 06:36 PM..
Old 01-05-2019, 02:25 PM

What's going on in Cumberland md I'm so worried can any one help me out my man is their
Old 01-06-2019, 11:45 AM

Cool Concerned Mom

We have not heard from our son who is in Cumberland prison for about a month now. I called and was advised that the prison is on lock down for about a week now, but he hasn't called for longer then that.

Does anyone happen to know why Chumbeland Prison in Maryland is on lockdown?

and is there anywhere I can call to get a well being of my son?

I sent him money for christmas and so I know it is not because of lack of funds.

please if anyone can help with my answers please respond.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:11 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatwin View Post
My boyfriend was just sent to camp in Cumberland MD, does anyone out there have a loved one at that facility?

Yes I do!
Old 01-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Sometimes talking to your Son's counselor or to the prison Chaplain and asking them to do a "welfare check" will get answers. Prison wide lockdowns, and being sent to the SHU for conduct problems always interrupt phone and email communications. Limited commissary access means they can't purchase stamps or stationary. What still happens is letters sent through the US Mail, but it can be slowed way down too.

When you don't hear from him it is usually because he isn't allowed to contact you.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:36 PM

I have not heard from my boy friend nor is the prison answering the phone what's going on
Old 01-07-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonmom2019 View Post
We have not heard from our son who is in Cumberland prison for about a month now. I called and was advised that the prison is on lock down for about a week now, but he hasn't called for longer then that.

Does anyone happen to know why Chumbeland Prison in Maryland is on lockdown?

and is there anywhere I can call to get a well being of my son?

I sent him money for christmas and so I know it is not because of lack of funds.

please if anyone can help with my answers please respond.
Hello prison mom 2019 I am also wondering what is going on in Cumberland md haven't heard from my man at all
Old 01-08-2019, 08:45 AM

Hey everyone,I’m new to the site. My husband is at FCI Cumberland. Last time I heard from him was the morning of the 31st. I figured something was going on,because it wasn’t like him not to email or call. We have a 9 year old & a 1 year old together,so we try to communicate all we can. Cause he’s so far..we’re in NC he’s way up there. But,after a few days I got worried & I did call. Got the rudest woman on the phone. That convo didn’t get far. Then the next day I called back & I got a really nice guy on the phone,he said they was on lockdown he couldn’t really give out much info about the situation (which I understand that) but I told him my husbands name & I was concerned he said he was okay. It eased my mind a lot. Cause after days & days went by something didn’t feel right at all. Cause if he can’t call he always emails me. & I also looked at the website they have stopped visitations. So apparently whatever went down happened sometime on the 31st. Cause I spoke with my husband that morning & everything was fine. It sucks..I hate it. I did mail him off a letter yesterday,hopefully he will get that.
The Following User Says Thank You to AKayParker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-08-2019)